Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham's New Stadium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Ham's New Stadium
    Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 1:18pm
what a sh*thole
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:51pm
Why is it a sh*thole? Or is there supposed to be an obvious answer?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:59pm
were you in it?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 4:05pm
They have temporary seating everywhere.  They have scaffolding and temporary seating on top of the permanent seating.  The upper tier are miles away from the pitch. Thought it was a sh*t stadium for the Olympics as well. Big ugly load of rubbish. Awful design.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 4:15pm
But it's still used as an Athletics venue at the same time. Ofcourse there's going to be temporary measures put in place cos it's not actually their's to renovate, they've rented it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 4:22pm
Was there during the rugby world cup - Found it fine to watch a game there.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 5:13pm
Did you have to move far from your armchair to come to your conclusions? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 5:26pm
Mate is heading over tomorrow complete with his new season ticket, interesting to get his feedback.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 6:09pm
I am heading there in 3 weeks for Watford's game....quite looking forward to seeing and experiencing it
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 6:32pm
Heard mixed things from the games so far. Every stadium takes a while to bed in with regards to atmosphere etc.

Parts of the upper tier are very far away from the pitch thought. They moved the lower tier behind the goal over the running track so that would be closer to the pitch, but couldn't move the upper tier, so that's a good bit back. Season tickets for that section are 15 pounds a game tho so can't really complain 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

They have temporary seating everywhere.  They have scaffolding and temporary seating on top of the permanent seating.  The upper tier are miles away from the pitch. Thought it was a sh*t stadium for the Olympics as well. Big ugly load of rubbish. Awful design.

But were you in it?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

But were you in it?

No I have seen photos of people who were in it.  I don't need to be in it to see its a kip just like I don't need to visit Haarlem to know that I don't want to live there.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:22pm
It's a modern souless stadium. I'd rather Selhurst Park over that place.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:24pm

But were you in it?

No I have seen photos of people who were in it.  I don't need to be in it to see its a kip just like I don't need to visit Haarlem to know that I don't want to live there.

Oh, I hear you're a racist now

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:27pm

But were you in it?

LOL

Seriously I have seen photos of West ham fans of it from their seats and the lower tiers are temporary and it looks a like a joke. The upper tier is miles from the lower tier.  Upton Park was better. This looks like an athletics stadium because it is one. At least MAn city's design allowed for some sort of modification where you would never know atlhletics used to be on there. It looks like a proper football ground now apart from the lack of supportersWink

irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:28pm
Poor effort of fishing 🎣
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:47pm

But were you in it?

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 11:15pm
Was at the Europa League game there a few weeks ago, was sitting in the upper tier in the very back row on the same side as the dugouts. You are a considerable distance from the pitch on that side but we went over to the other side at half time and it isn't as bad other there. There was a good atmosphere once it got going as the roof kept in most of the noise. It will take a bit of time for the home supporters to adapt to it but the potential is there. 

Saw a lot of old lads struggling to get up to their seats as it's a steep climb up to the back of the top tier.

The scaffolding and gaps where the retractable lower tier is looks weird alright. They had the scaffolding covered over for the rugby so don't know why they don't do it now. 

The only really bad thing is that there is no bar/shops on the upper tier so you have to go back down to the lower tier to get a drink or a snack, massive pain.

Also, the system they had in place for the tube after the game was ridiculous and I can only imagine there would be trouble around the restaurants outside Westfield if they drew someone like Millwall or even when spurs or Chelsea go there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic