Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dalian Atkinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dalian Atkinson
    Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:23am
RIP.

Tasered by the Bill.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:29am
Just googled. Saddened and disgusted. ACAB

Just leave this here
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:33am
What happened him?

Always remember him celebrating with the old boy with an umbrella
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:35am
Big Ron will be chief mourner.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:36am
A man who died after he was shot by police with a Taser gun has been named locally as ex-Aston Villa footballer Dalian Atkinson, according to the Press Association.

Officers were called to a home in Meadow Close, Telford, Shrophire in the early hours of this morning amid concerns "for the safety of an individual".

West Mercia Police said the 48-year-old man was given medical treatment after being tasered but died around 90 minutes later.

An ambulance spokesman said while he was being taken to Princess Royal Hospital his condition deteriorated and he suffered a cardiac arrest.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the medical facility.

The police use of Tasers is intended as a non-lethal weapon.

The incident has now been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:38am
Why was he tasered?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why was he tasered?
Because English cops are ****s. They are sent out to deal with people who are clearly in a fragile state and barge in as if taking out ISIS. He isn't the first to be murdered by them and he won't be the last. Hopefully his profile means this won't be brushed under the carpet.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why was he tasered?
Because English cops are ****s. They are sent out to deal with people who are clearly in a fragile state and barge in as if taking out ISIS. He isn't the first to be murdered by them and he won't be the last. Hopefully his profile means this won't be brushed under the carpet.

was he threatening to kill himself or something?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:04pm

Why was he tasered?

I would imagine that was the case, was very generous of the police to help a black man out.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:09pm
Jaysus, awful sad that, he was a decent player.

RIP
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:15pm

Why was he tasered?

I would imagine that was the case, was very generous of the police to help a black man out.
Have any details like that been released?  All I've seen so far is that there was concern for his safety.  Bit early to be jumping to those conclusions isn't it?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:15pm
Wtf?!

Awful news.

Wasn't a bad player and scored against United a few times. Very strong and quick from what I remember.

McGrath will be devastated as well I'd say as they both played at the same time for Villa I think.

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Aug 2016 at 12:17pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Why was he tasered?

Have any details like that been released?  All I've seen so far is that there was concern for his safety.  Bit early to be jumping to those conclusions isn't it?
Who will release the details? West Mercia police? I can assure you that the conclusions I have reached are very close to correct, I just hope that Atkinson's profile prevents them from squirming out of it. Highly unlikely though.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:25pm
McGrath on twitter:

Don't feel to gud at the moment , Dalian Atkinson was a huge part of the Villa family I played with lovely kid and friend R.I.P pal Xx.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:41pm
Goodness that was a shock ( no pun intended ) , Police cover up in the UK never happen Thumbs Down
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:51pm
His dad's comments. 

Today Ernest, 85, told how his son flew into booze-fuelled rage shortly before he was tasered by police.

Speaking yesterday from his home, he said: “He was in a real state.

“I don’t know if he was drunk or on drugs but he was very agitated and his mind was upset.

“The last thing he said to me was ‘don’t move’ when the police came to the door.

“He was threatening and very upset. I didn’t call the police but someone else did.

“He got tasered in the street outside in the road. I didn’t see him but I saw a flash. I haven’t had any sleep and cannot take it in.

“The police are dealing with this now.”

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 1:09pm
Killing them Safely is a great documentary about tasers. Shocking stuff
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 1:39pm
Shocked to hear of the tragic death of Dalian Atkinson, scorer of one of the best goals in PL history. Was one of my favourite players when i started getting into football in the early 90's.Immensely talented player that had a bit of a topsy turvey career. Still a legend at Villa by all accounts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic