You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Be worth bringing in for the Oman game in my opinion. No harm in giving the lad some experience.

Why? Because he had one game, and not even that good a one at that, for QPR?
Sponsored Links

Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:42pm
To the tune of 'Trapattoni's Green White Army': Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo LOLLOLLOL
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 6:40pm
Ah here, we'll have to gaelasise that name. Ollie will do.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

duplicate post

Edited by schillaci - 10 Aug 2016 at 12:01am
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Does anyone know how to pronounce Olamide. On the TV they said it like 'Malahide'.  I thought it would be mor like Olla -meeda. 

Apparently he's called Mide for short. Well I saw him referred to as Mide on one of the websites
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Be worth bringing in for the Oman game in my opinion. No harm in giving the lad some experience.

+1. How many times have people on here wanted somebody called up to the senior squad because some player played a match or has some Irish links. A place in the senior squad has to be earned.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:53am

Have you seen our scarcity of wingers at the moment? With McGeady on the wane, McClean is probably our only out and out winger at the moment. This lad will surely be worth a look v Oman anyway.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:31am

Have you seen our scarcity of wingers at the moment? With McGeady on the wane, McClean is probably our only out and out winger at the moment. This lad will surely be worth a look v Oman anyway.

I'd have Horgan up ahead of him, O'Dowda too, both proven themselves more
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:40am
has he played for the U-21's??
It's not me it's you:-)
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:42am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

has he played for the U-21's??

Not yet - just u19. I'd say u21 is the next step.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:48am

I hear what ur saying both don't fully agree. 

There should be some way of fast tracking potential talent to ensure the system doesn't chew them up (or they don't decide they are unloved and declare for someone else). 

I think MON is trying to do it by bringing young guys in and around the senior squad when they are not actually a part of it. A more formalised process would be no harm. Like a liaison officer that keeps close contact with top potential, helping them with any club difficulties, bringing them in and around the Ireland scene. 

You often see it in the Corporate scene. A young guy is way off the big jobs but is identified early and is mentored, guided and encouraged.
It's not me it's you:-)
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 9:26am
Hes mother wants the lad to play for Nigeria. Another boring tug of war on the way.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:11am

Hes mother wants the lad to play for Nigeria. Another boring tug of war on the way.

kidnap him on his way to his Nigerian trials and make him declare for us lol
Its a hard one, he would suffer no racial abuse, get a better chance playing in the world cup finals and play less matches with Nigeria but if he has good potential we should try and get him
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:44am
He has another ten years with the Nigerian underage teams before he can go senior though, should help our case
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He has another ten years with the Nigerian underage teams before he can go senior though, should help our case

LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:52pm
I think this could potentially be the first of its kind in terms of player born and raised in ireland to immigrant parents who has a choice to stick with us or go with the country of his parents.

It has always been assumed it will come to this and i have always thought a benefit to immigration is having these big physical lads playing for ireland in the future.

So with that being said, i hope he chooses to stick with us. We are obiously going to 'win some and lose some' but being the first it would be hopefully a sign of things to come if he stays.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:55pm
Was Kwame Ampadu, mentioned elsewhere, not born in Ireland to such parents? I know he never made a senior cap though. Point still stands though Andy.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Was Kwame Ampadu, mentioned elsewhere, not born in Ireland to such parents? I know he never made a senior cap though. Point still stands though Andy.

Ampadu was born in England and raised in Ireland(his mother is Irish) ,this lad was born in Ireland and raised in England.

Edited by rossieman - 11 Aug 2016 at 1:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic