You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phrases people get wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phrases people get wrong
    Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 3:51pm
I have to admit I am quite bad for this. And it's always that it comes out of my mouth I immediately say to myself "not sure if that is correct, you better check that" and then I google it and half the time I got it backwards. 

I just said on a call where I was informed when I didnt attend a call last night that people were saying "he is probably in the pub already" and I responded "my reputation exceeds me" Embarrassed

Edited by t_rAndy - 07 Sep 2022 at 3:51pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Heard a person say the other day ''it's just a blimp'' instead of ''It's just a blip''
Were they looking up at the sky 

Can you be more pacific?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 5:29pm
Stop jumping to illusions 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 5:20pm

Heard a person say the other day ''it's just a blimp'' instead of ''It's just a blip''
Were they looking up at the sky 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Sports analysts, coaches and players when doing interviews are guaranteed to start their answers with 'ah look'.

And if they are Gaa it’s “ahh Shure look you know yourshelf a lot of people wrote us off today”
Haha, yes! After the hurling final one of the stick fighting analysts was getting very excited about the “ worlds best game”, must have used the word “unbelievable”25 or30 times it was hilarious
No Pasaran!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 10:06am

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 21 Aug 2022 at 10:07am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 9:28am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 9:35am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Some people say "Up the gicker" instead of "Up the gock pipe"...funny how different generations think...

kin hell
LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 9:04am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Sports analysts, coaches and players when doing interviews are guaranteed to start their answers with 'ah look'.

And if they are Gaa it’s “ahh Shure look you know yourshelf a lot of people wrote us off today”

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Mar 2022 at 9:04am
AKA pedantic kunt
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 9:00am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Some people say "Up the gicker" instead of "Up the gock pipe"...funny how different generations think...

kin hell
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 4:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I’ve noticed a strange new phenomenon on social media where people add the word “already” into a sentence that it shouldn’t be in, and makes the sentence nonsensical 
What, like they’re from the Bronx? LOL Give us some examples already would ya!? 

Edited by 9fingers - 13 Mar 2022 at 4:28am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 1:55am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 12:40am
I’ve noticed a strange new phenomenon on social media where people add the word “already” into a sentence that it shouldn’t be in, and makes the sentence nonsensical 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 11:56am
Riff-raft.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 3:00pm
"Butt naked" instead of "Buck naked", I said it in one our Whatsapp groups a few weeks ago and was tore out of it until they realised they were the ones saying it wrong LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:28pm
I know someone who says "I was doubting that" instead of "I was thinking that". Embarrassed
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:46am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I think you mean Eric Donovan.

YesLOL

Few more guilty of it also. 

Trevor Welch of dee UefA Champiosn League fame on tv tree

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic