Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Surprised that a few people think Celta Vigo will go through. United have Mata and Pogba back as well as the majority of their defence. It's really just Ibra missing and you could argue they look more fluent in attack without him in the side. Can't see anything other than a United-Ajax final myself.

Why? Have you been ovelry impressed with United this season? Celta Vigo are a better side than Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke etc who United failed to beat at home this season add in the narrow victory over Anderlecht and you can understand why some think Celta Vigo will go through.

Yeah but United beat Chelsea and Spurs who are far better sides than Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke etc. so your point doesn't really translate. Plus they're also playing away tonight.

Away from home United have been very good this season. It's the return leg I'd be more worried about.
Sponsored Links

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:29pm
this will be the only tie out of the four European semi finals that will still be up for grabs in the second leg. reckon a score draw going back to old trafford
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:41pm
United to go through comfortably and then beat Ajax
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

United to go through comfortably and then beat Ajax

And then finish 4th ahead of Liverpool Clap
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Surprised that a few people think Celta Vigo will go through. United have Mata and Pogba back as well as the majority of their defence. It's really just Ibra missing and you could argue they look more fluent in attack without him in the side. Can't see anything other than a United-Ajax final myself.

Why? Have you been ovelry impressed with United this season? Celta Vigo are a better side than Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke etc who United failed to beat at home this season add in the narrow victory over Anderlecht and you can understand why some think Celta Vigo will go through.

Yeah but United beat Chelsea and Spurs who are far better sides than Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke etc. so your point doesn't really translate. Plus they're also playing away tonight.

Away from home United have been very good this season. It's the return leg I'd be more worried about.

Vigo have beaten Atletico, Barca and Real Madrid this season so for someone to be surprised that some are picking them to go through over the two legs surprises me.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:30pm
From a betting point of view, Vigo 5-2 at home seems very long. 5/4 DNB.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:48pm

Vigo have beaten Atletico, Barca and Real Madrid this season so for someone to be surprised that some are picking them to go through over the two legs surprises me.

They beat Barca 4-3 at home and lost 5-0 away, they lost 1 drew 1 and won 1 v Madrid this season, they're 11th in the league having won once in their last 5 league games 3 in their last 10. They also lost 4-0 at home to Athletico and 3-2 away to them so you're a little off the mark there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:57pm

They beat Barca 4-3 at home and lost 5-0 away, they lost 1 drew 1 and won 1 v Madrid this season, they're 11th in the league having won once in their last 5 league games 3 in their last 10. They also lost 4-0 at home to Athletico and 3-2 away to them so you're a little off the mark there.

Apologies they beat Atletico in the Copa Del Rey last season, they also rested 8 players in their 3-0 home defeat at the weekend to Athletic Bilbao so will be much fresher than United, again my initial response was that surely it's not a surprise that some people fancy Vigo to go through?

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:59pm
Previous results have absolutely no bearing on anything to do with this fixture LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:05pm
Especially the ones from last season Embarrassed

United should have enough about them to go through over two legs. It would be a massive disappointment if they didn't manage to at least get to the final
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:10pm
Ok lads United are the best Celta Vigo are rubbish.

Roll on the final.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:21pm

Roll on the final.

No one has said they're rubbish. I've just disputed some of the stats you put up to stake your claim as to why some think Celta Vigo will go through.

You have then simply acted like a child when called out on what you have said.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:34pm

Roll on the final.

Not one person said Celta were rubbish

I think United win 1-0 tonight,Celta are poor at the back and like United don't score enough goals.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:35pm

I don't expect Celta to batter Man U but I think they could win this one. It might be on away goals or on penalties but I don't think it would be a massive shock.

Man U are unbeaten in 9 but they aren't playing that well. Goals this season has been their major problem.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Surprised that a few people think Celta Vigo will go through
. United have Mata and Pogba back as well as the majority of their defence. It's really just Ibra missing and you could argue they look more fluent in attack without him in the side. Can't see anything other than a United-Ajax final myself.

I don't expect Celta to batter Man U but I think they could win this one. It might be on away goals or on penalties but I don't think it would be a massive shock.

Man U are unbeaten in 9 but they aren't playing that well. Goals this season has been their major problem.

Celta have the very same problem but don't have anything close to Uniteds defensive record.
Only about 4 clean sheets at home this season.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:13pm
2-1 Celta  tonight
1-0 United at OT.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 5:38pm
Celta have been concentrating on the Europa League, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to their recent losses. The Spanish league is far superior to the Premier League.

United should be favourites but with their injuries and not really playing very well 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:09pm

Roll on the final.

Well said Brendan ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic