Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:47pm
I assume Lyon would've been comfortable favourites for this tie? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Toilet Duck fans at it. Again.

Angry bitter keyboard fan at it again.

I am a bitter **** who spends far too much time online, but telling me what I know is fairly pointless. 
Ajax fans constantly letting down their city is something that shouldn't be ignored, but it is easier to deflect.

I hope those that travelled enjoyed Ibrox on Saturday.Clap

At no point in my reply do I imply on what you know.

The Ajax fans you refer to aren't letting down 'their' city. The large majority of them are actually from outside Amsterdam, trying to make a name for themselves with their actions. Notoriety instead of popularity. Unfortunately in our city and with our name.

But your generalisation in tarnishing all with the same brush is getting tedious.

Anyway, not gonna stop me from enjoying the night and feeling proud on how our team of young and very talented young players reduced Lyon to mere spectators.

So pointing out the obvious is your thing is it, or was it an attempt at an insult? If it was the former;whatever knocks you out! If it was the latter, leave it to me, I am far better at insulting myself and I certainly don't get insulted online.

Sorry, Imust apologise as I didn't realise  the F-side are all from out of town. A bit like those Chelsea fans who wrecked Manchester in 08. No wonder you get on so well together.

F-side celebrated it's 40th anniversary last year. Age wise they've all peaked a few years ago so to speak. The recent (say since halfway 2000's) resurgence of the hooligan elements is down to vak410. Young guys that could not get into F as those seats are/have been held on to by the old boys for years. Quite some aggro over the years between F (Old Amsterdammers) and the new generation of 410 (parental link with Amsterdam, but out of townners due to economic or other decisions by their parents to leave the city)

This also spurred on the fraternization by the new generation with clubs we had no previous alliance with. Like Chelsea or Rangers that you mentioned. Spurs was always the London link, due to the Jewish link. Though that's a whole different discussion again.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Considering their rout of AS Rona, many had them as favourites for the win this year yeah
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:53pm

I am a bitter **** who spends far too much time online, but telling me what I know is fairly pointless. 
Ajax fans constantly letting down their city is something that shouldn't be ignored, but it is easier to deflect.

I hope those that travelled enjoyed Ibrox on Saturday.Clap

At no point in my reply do I imply on what you know.

The Ajax fans you refer to aren't letting down 'their' city. The large majority of them are actually from outside Amsterdam, trying to make a name for themselves with their actions. Notoriety instead of popularity. Unfortunately in our city and with our name.

But your generalisation in tarnishing all with the same brush is getting tedious.

Anyway, not gonna stop me from enjoying the night and feeling proud on how our team of young and very talented young players reduced Lyon to mere spectators.

So pointing out the obvious is your thing is it, or was it an attempt at an insult? If it was the former;whatever knocks you out! If it was the latter, leave it to me, I am far better at insulting myself and I certainly don't get insulted online.

Sorry, Imust apologise as I didn't realise  the F-side are all from out of town. A bit like those Chelsea fans who wrecked Manchester in 08. No wonder you get on so well together.

F-side celebrated it's 40th anniversary last year. Age wise they've all peaked a few years ago so to speak. The recent (say since halfway 2000's) resurgence of the hooligan elements is down to vak410. Young guys that could not get into F as those seats are/have been held on to by the old boys for years. Quite some aggro over the years between F (Old Amsterdammers) and the new generation of 410 (parental link with Amsterdam, but out of townners due to economic or other decisions by their parents to leave the city)

This also spurred on the fraternization by the new generation with clubs we had no previous alliance with. Like Chelsea or Rangers that you mentioned. Spurs was always the London link, due to the Jewish link. Though that's a whole different discussion again.
Interesting, didn't know that. I suppose the lads I knew that were attacked didn't stop to ask!
Enjoy your night, I wouldn't book Stockholm just yet though. Lyon are incredibly unpredictable.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:56pm
good post Steve....very informative....like pM things I knew nothing about
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:15pm
The Celtic attacks were callous. And even we got hit with our pub. We had a huge number of Celtic fans in and quite a few Ajax F-side lads in, and the day was all good all round. The young pups attacked and Celtic fans, along with myself, the brother and some old Ajax boys went out to see them off. They left, but I still remenber their bewilderment as they realised there were so many Ajax fans pouring out of our pub to stop them.

Only a small enough incident, though it made the local news haha. But just to illustrate from my personal experience that day.

Edited by Steve Amsterdam - 03 May 2017 at 9:15pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:26pm

The Celtic attacks were callous. And even we got hit with our pub. We had a huge number of Celtic fans in and quite a few Ajax F-side lads in, and the day was all good all round. The young pups attacked and Celtic fans, along with myself, the brother and some old Ajax boys went out to see them off. They left, but I still remenber their bewilderment as they realised there were so many Ajax fans pouring out of our pub to stop them.

Only a small enough incident, though it made the local news haha. But just to illustrate from my personal experience that day.
We were attacked in '01 too. Thankfully I was only a young fella and we got away. There were lads who were 'helped' by undercover police and knocked unconscious with batons. One lads missus came home with a black eye from a trip I was supposed to bring mine on. We went to Barcelona instead, to see the team get a hiding. I don't think there will ever be a relationship between the two sets of fans, the barman who was slashed in Glasgow making sure of that I think.
I believe some of it was sparked by the conflict in Palestine.

It isn't personal, I understand they are your local club and I respect what they have done in the game, but I will always want them to lose. I suppose I wasn't much of a fan before these things, so you can imagine afterwards.

Fair play to the lads in your pub, if I remember correctly I sent a few of those lads your way, although I think they went the night before the game.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ajax were favorites for this game,they are on an unreal run of form at home.Lyon were slight favorites for the tie.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:56pm
Who will Ajax play in the final?

I think a tired/injury hit Utd will go out.

Ajax and celta vigo were in the same group stage at the start.
Ajax won 3-2 at home and drew 2-2 away.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Who will Ajax play in the final?

I think a tired/injury hit Utd will go out.

Ajax and celta vigo were in the same group stage at the start.
Ajax won 3-2 at home and drew 2-2 away.

United should still have enough to get through .Celta are OK at home and get a few decent results most seasons but are poor away.
Bailly,Pogba,Mata,Jones and Smalling all supposed to be available tomorrow accoording to press conference earlier.The first 3 added to the team makes a big difference.

Jose also said EL is taking priorty now.
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:10pm
Average age of the Ajax side that finished the game was 20 years, 316 days.  Incredible stuff, great to see them sticking to their roots and developing young players.  Would like to see them win the whole thing tbh.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:33am
A few UNited players back from injury any of them confirmed? 

Celta Vigo like to give Barcelona a good hiding recently, this will be a very tricky tie. Hopefully a Vigo v Ajax final.

The dyslexic Ajax fans can have a fun day out attacking Celta 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:56am
https://triviahappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/03202014vigo.jpg

Edited by lassassinblanc - 04 May 2017 at 10:57am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:07am
Surprised that a few people think Celta Vigo will go through. United have Mata and Pogba back as well as the majority of their defence. It's really just Ibra missing and you could argue they look more fluent in attack without him in the side. Can't see anything other than a United-Ajax final myself.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:31am

ClapClapClap

Yup Ajax
xxx
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Surprised that a few people think Celta Vigo will go through. United have Mata and Pogba back as well as the majority of their defence. It's really just Ibra missing and you could argue they look more fluent in attack without him in the side. Can't see anything other than a United-Ajax final myself.
Juventus have shown what a loss Pogba can be.
soccerstreams View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote soccerstreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:56pm
Celta Vigo vs Manchester United is tonight

my prediction is Match will be draw
1-1

watchlivesports.in

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Why? Have you been ovelry impressed with United this season? Celta Vigo are a better side than Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke etc who United failed to beat at home this season add in the narrow victory over Anderlecht and you can understand why some think Celta Vigo will go through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
  Share Topic