You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
If Besiktas knock out Lyon tonight, I'd definitely fancy United. They should have enough to beat any of the individual teams in a one off game. I'd be a little concerned with playing Lyon or Besiktas over two games, but the rest shouldn't be a huge problem.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What a truly mental game of football, as much as nobody wants to see fans having to run on the pitch for refuge it does prove that football is better when there is genuine needle in the stands. 
Huge credit to the Spanish referee for keeping a lid on it, as good a refereeing performance as I have seen.

Genuine needle in the stands? Well, it had a few handbags but I didn't see anyone write mean things about each other on rival internet forums, did you? Give me a drab 0-0 Ireland v Wales any day for needle
LOLLOLLOL
The atmosphere in Istanbul should be electric for the second leg.

I felt sorry for the keeper as he should never have been given the ball, the whole team had lost their heads for a minute and he took the brunt. That ball should have been launched anywhere.
You have got to love the Turks, they are all properly nuts! The atmosphere is electric and the game is like a 5-a-side game, great entertainment.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:00pm
Three ties in extra-time, had an acca of all 8 teams scoring though.Angry
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:42pm
What a match. What a result!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:10pm
Those two legs between Lyon and Besiktas were something else, they both kept missing chances in extra-time.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Brilliant comeback with 10 men. Delighted to see Ajax make the semis.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If Besiktas knock out Lyon tonight, I'd definitely fancy United. They should have enough to beat any of the individual teams in a one off game. I'd be a little concerned with playing Lyon or Besiktas over two games, but the rest shouldn't be a huge problem.
Would you still be that confident after seeing Uniteds displays in the last 2 rounds of the Europa? I think they are rightly favourites as with players like Rashford, Mikhytaryan, etc. they obviously have a few quality players but I really don't think there is that big a gap between all the sides left in the competition when you consider everything.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:30pm
I am more afraid of Lyon than any of the other sides, that's the point.

It is close, yes, but I still think United are justifiably the favourites. If they avoid Lyon in the semis, I think they'll have enough to see of Ajax or Celta.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:05am
I think that United will have a tough semi final now no matter who they draw. I agree on the favourites tag, I just don't think they are overwhelming favourites as a lot seem to suggest. I think there is hardly anything between those 4 sides left. I actually think Lyon may well be Uniteds best draw!
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I think that United will have a tough semi final now no matter who they draw. I agree on the favourites tag, I just don't think they are overwhelming favourites as a lot seem to suggest. I think there is hardly anything between those 4 sides left. I actually think Lyon may well be Uniteds best draw!

How come? Personally i think they're the toughest draw and i'd have loved to see Besiktas win tonight as long as United avoided them in the semi. I'd rather play a two legged semi against Lyon, but id rather play Besiktas in a potential final.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:45am
United let down the acca tonight, thought their never ending run of draws over for good after the weekend.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:45am
Man U are the best team left on paper but they are making hard work of all their matches.
I think Celta Vigo would be the best draw in the semi final.

Hope Ajax get to the final.

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:14am
Hoping for Celta in the semi-final, though from a business point of view with the pub Man United wouldn't be bad either Wink

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:38am
lyon are as likely to concede 3 as to score 4. manic amount of goals in their games this season
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:16pm
Ajax vs Lyon

Celta v Man U
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Ajax vs Lyon

Celta v Man U

thats the best draw for Man U IMO.

Lyon v Man U final?

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:42pm
On the lash when Iago Aspas scores an injury time winner !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic