You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 12:57pm
Lyon, Vigo, Man Utd and Schalke for the semi-finals.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:27pm
trouble in the stands apparently at Lyon v Besiktas..supporters on the pitch seeking refuge
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

trouble in the stands apparently at Lyon v Besiktas..supporters on the pitch seeking refuge
Besiktas fans were in the upper tier and were firing objects on to the OL fans below, they went on the pitch to avoid it, the game has been delayed and will kick off shortly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:54pm
Game has just kicked off now, it has made for a great atmosphere. It has the making of a great game.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Besiktas take the lead and the goal scorer has to ask the fans to calm down. This game has everything.Clap The ref is top class too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:41pm
What a truly mental game of football, as much as nobody wants to see fans having to run on the pitch for refuge it does prove that football is better when there is genuine needle in the stands. 
Huge credit to the Spanish referee for keeping a lid on it, as good a refereeing performance as I have seen.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 1:39am
That poor Besiktas keeper LOL
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 4:22am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What a truly mental game of football, as much as nobody wants to see fans having to run on the pitch for refuge it does prove that football is better when there is genuine needle in the stands. 
Huge credit to the Spanish referee for keeping a lid on it, as good a refereeing performance as I have seen.

Genuine needle in the stands? Well, it had a few handbags but I didn't see anyone write mean things about each other on rival internet forums, did you? Give me a drab 0-0 Ireland v Wales any day for needle
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Lyon, Vigo, Man Utd and Schalke for the semi-finals.

Could very easily be Besiktas, Genk and Ajax in the semis now with Man Utd

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 10:23am
Great night of football, cracking result of ajax, celta v the genkies is wide open going into the game in belgium, it was great to be able to wTch the latter stages of the game in lyon due to the delayed kick off. United should prove too strong for Anderlecht at home.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Genuine needle in the stands? Well, it had a few handbags but I didn't see anyone write mean things about each other on rival internet forums, did you? Give me a drab 0-0 Ireland v Wales any day for needle
LOLLOLLOL
The atmosphere in Istanbul should be electric for the second leg.

I felt sorry for the keeper as he should never have been given the ball, the whole team had lost their heads for a minute and he took the brunt. That ball should have been launched anywhere.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:14am
Big one tonight for Ajax. Let's hope we can continue the form from last week. We should've at least made another 2 goals or so with the chances and pressure we had.

Nerves kicking in a bit here, as you never know with the Germans.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Big one tonight for Ajax. Let's hope we can continue the form from last week. We should've at least made another 2 goals or so with the chances and pressure we had.

Hope they win the competition. 
One of the most likeable clubs in Europe. Always have a young squad and never spend big monies on players. 

How is Paddy Kluivert junior playing?

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
Agree, would love to see Ajax back in a European final. Was the CL pens loss to Juve the last final they were in? That is a serious amount of time for such a great club to go without any joy at all in Europe.

Watching the highlights from the first leg, they really should be 4/5 up. Given Schalkes flakiness, you'd surely expect Ajax to get an away goal and that should be more than enough to qualify for the semis.

Would like to see a semi final lineup of Ajax, Celta, Besiktas and United. I think they are the most evenly matched sides left and would be decent semi ties. Lyon are a good side but flaky enough imo. That disastrous late goal Besiktas gave away might have swung the momentum totally in Lyons favour now though.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 1:23pm
I see Celta Vigo are mid table in Spain - have they any chance of winning it? 

Anyone know anything about Lyon they're 3rd in the league?

Just hope one of them or possibly Ajax can stop Man United winning it Handshake
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Hope they win the competition. 
One of the most likeable clubs in Europe. Always have a young squad and never spend big monies on players. 

How is Paddy Kluivert junior playing?
Hope the horrible ****s get mauled.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 2:04pm
United will win this, the best squad and team left in, by some distance.

Final in Sweden as well, its all in the script for a Zlatan winner in the final
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:59pm
Would agree that on paper United have a few players that are a cut above other sides in this competition, and deserve the favourites tag because of that. They really aren't a very good side though and come the semi finals they will be facing sides of a level capable of beating them. It wouldn't at all surprise me if any of Ajax, Celta, Besiktas or Lyon beat United over 1 or 2 legs.

In Uniteds last 3 knockout games in this competition alone, they drew away to a very average Russian side 1-1, winning the second leg 1-0 {hanging on grimly enough}. They drew away to an Anderlecht side very few rate. The fact is that you simply couldn't bet your house on this United side getting the job done in the Europa. They really should be winning it as the quality of the opposition is definitely lesser than in the last few years. Would you trust United enough to put big money on them though? I really wouldn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic