You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

McClean weighing into this story really isn’t going to help the situation. Just can’t help himself it seems
hes entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us. 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:05pm
What’s it going to achieve? 
Why’s he the only current squad member and previous team mate of Rice chirping up? 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:06pm

McClean weighing into this story really isn’t going to help the situation. Just can’t help himself it seems

He cares.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:09pm
So do the others. They have a bit of sense though 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:09pm
he seemed to pretty pally with rice in the Ireland camp, always posted him in his Instagram videos. For me that tells you he is deffo gone. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:22pm

Why’s he the only current squad member and previous team mate of Rice chirping up? 
Confused
What exactly do you want it to achieve? Rice has made his decision and everyone’s entitled to publicise their opinions.

Should the players be offering to lick his hole on social media to try and make a player that is taking the mickey out of Ireland change his mindConfused

Edited by Pipkin - 27 Aug 2018 at 11:23pm
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Confused
What exactly do you want it to achieve? Rice has made his decision and everyone’s entitled to publicise their opinions.

Should the players be offering to lick his hole on social media to try and make a player that is taking the mickey out of Ireland change his mindConfused
exactly. Wonder is he regretting his decision tonight. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:34pm
He’s made his decision has he? Didn’t know that. 

Set the phone down McClean and get off social media. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 27 Aug 2018 at 11:35pm
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:36pm

u didnt know he made a decision not to accept a call up to the latest squad? Would you like me to fill you in. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

u didnt know he made a decision not to accept a call up to the latest squad? Would you like me to fill you in. 

I didn’t know he had chosen to switch from playing for Ireland to playing for England. 
Maybe McClean knows. He’d know more about switching national sides Wink
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Is there any other similar situations in international football? Where a player has been capped by a country, is still wanted by that country but has chosen to play for another country 

Diego Costa prob the most notable playing for Brazil then Switching to Spain over the summer months.
Nacer Chadli another one and England themselves lost Zaha to Ivory Coast after having played for them a couple of times. In fact Chadli played for Belgium the first time literally a couple of months after representing Morocco in a friendly.

Edited by Conan - 28 Aug 2018 at 12:06am
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:16am
In the words of an old poster here "he gone"
NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:21am

Is there any other similar situations in international football? Where a player has been capped by a country, is still wanted by that country but has chosen to play for another country 

Adam Barton
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Diego Costa prob the most notable playing for Brazil then Switching to Spain over the summer months.
Nacer Chadli another one and England themselves lost Zaha to Ivory Coast after having played for them a couple of times. In fact Chadli played for Belgium the first time literally a couple of months after representing Morocco in a friendly.

Zaha was a typical example of someone who gets picked for a couple of friendlies but then the national team loses interest in him and a few years later he declares for someone else.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:01am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

SuperDave, I don’t often disagree with you but I do in this instance. I think your points might be valid if Rice hadn’t actually accepted the previous call ups and taken the 3 caps. We were preparing for competitive games and we were doing so with him being in our minds as a probable starter. He’s taken another lads place and exploited us for his own gain. 

First of all, it's quite possible that seeing the World Cup, and how England did, has had an effect. That is certainly understandable. Secondly, in friendlies, he always knew it wasn't 100% final. Now, you might call that selfish but, again, without being in his position, it is hard to know exactly how and when he changed his mind. It's not even clear when or how Southgate approached him, but I doubt it was in the lead up to the World Cup.

In my mind, once he took the first cap then his decision should have been made. End of. I know the rules don’t support that argument but he should have had the decency to take a step back if he wasn’t sure that Ireland was his team before that first senior appearance. I’m embarrassed to say that I’m actually raging about this. 

Have to say I'm in agreement with MC on this one : I do understand his situation as many people who are born in England can feel both Irish and English but he's had plenty of time to make his mind up and if he changes his mind now then he's just been leading us all up the garden path purely for his own gain.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:24am
”My hope all along has been that Declan first becomes an England player then follows in the footsteps of the great Bobby Moore by becoming the captain of England
Born in England, Made in West Ham. DG”

Tweet from David Gold on the subject 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:52am
Going to be impossible for him to come back now, even if he somehow comes to the conclusion that he does want to play for Ireland after all.

Wish McClean could focus on his football for 5 minutes instead of offering an opinion that nobody wanted.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:02am

Sam Allardyce saying that Declan should play for Ireland as he has played for us three times at senior level.

Edited by Double Maxim - 28 Aug 2018 at 8:03am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 306>
  Share Topic