You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 306>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:12pm
His doppelgänger just scored for the Toon....
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Declan Twice?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Declan Twice?

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Paddy Power odds are not indicative on anything in this situation. 

Fairly sure this market falls under the term ‘novelty betting’. 

I've been betting a long time and it's rear paddy gets it wrong with odds like that 

These odds can literally go up and down on the basis of someone wagering 10-20 euro.

A few weeks ago Rice was odds on to play for Ireland, then England, then Ireland and now England again.

Whether he plays for England or Ireland, Paddy Power or your average joe punter has nothing to do with it.

Anyone betting on this market needs to have their head examined.

LOL anyone that doesn’t think that his initial decision not to play for us was not an indicator of what’s going to happen needs their head examined
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:25pm
lol Classic.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by garretjoseph garretjoseph wrote:

I’m over it. Has dragged on long enough. 

Jack & Rice can have less than 20 caps between them by the time 
they hit 30 for all I care. 

They'll both be devastated by your loss of interest I'm sure

Quite the opposite. He doesn’t give a fiddlers fart about us. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by garretjoseph garretjoseph wrote:

I’m over it. Has dragged on long enough. 

Jack & Rice can have less than 20 caps between them by the time 
they hit 30 for all I care. 

Maybe he will stand up in front of you hardman

thanks needed that LOLLOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The Hindu Times saying Declan is Irish.  He won't like that.

Ah don't.

You've just extended this thread by another 50 pages LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He's not quick enough to play for a top 6 team as a defender so it's a strange decision from Southgate to say he sees him as a defender, especially as he's starting to establish himself as a very good holding midfielder.

Took his goal very well, and used the ball well throughout the game. It'll be a sickener to lose him when he makes the seemingly inevitable decision to defect.

Strange comment. 

John Terry wasn't the quickest either  who never needed to rely on pace and he was one of the best centre backs in the last 20 years in England. Steve Bruce to a lesser degree wasn't blessed with pace either. Their positional sense and physical strength would be far more a critical factor than how quick they are for that position imo. 

He was also well protected by the tactics his managers used during his time at Chelsea. Any time a manager tried to change the way Chelsea played, his lack of pace was horribly exposed. Mustafi for Arsenal is a prime example of it.

Seeing Iwobi burn past Rice earlier, despite starting 5 yards behind him makes me think Rice could suffer if asked to play a high line as a CB. Mourinho aside, I don't see any other top 6 managers advocating sitting on the edge of their own box. His best position is definitely as a holding midfielder IMO.

Most strikers would beat CBs for pace. 

Who are these super fast CBs that play for Man City who prob have the highest back line of any EPL team - Kompany, Otamendi, Stones??

The advanced keeper is there to snuff out balls over the top.

I’ve only seen Rice play a few times but he never looked like Richard Dunne running. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:56pm
I’ll be pished off should the inevitable now happen based on comments made by people ITK
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I've been betting a long time and it's rear paddy gets it wrong with odds like that 

PP have nothing to lose with those odds, so why not?  More importantly as far as actual likelihoods are concerned would be "what are the odds that Rice will declare for Ireland?".

If PP are willing to shed out a lot of cash on that eventuality, I fear we are in trouble. 

These novelty markets are just for publicity - That's what stakes are extremely limited and why when there are a number of bets in a short space of time, the markets get pulled and then reinstated with drastically amended odds. 

No one has a clue what his decision is going to be until he releases a statement . I think everyone is presuming England because they have bigger name players and are more than likely going to be more successful than us in tournaments . Come on Declan surprise us all . 

I really don't get how so many keep saying that no one has an idea what his decision will be until he releases a statement. 

Declan Rice released the most important statement he ever could as regards us a few months ago, when he made himself unavailable for numerous squads selections when fit. Why is this, by far the most important fact in this whole scenario, so willingly overlooked time and time again.

Exactly.  And the wait is just damage limitation.

He will be an England player very soon 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:27pm
And you are 100% sure of that Ger? 100%?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:28pm
Gerk seems adamant about the England switch. Not good. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

PP have nothing to lose with those odds, so why not?  More importantly as far as actual likelihoods are concerned would be "what are the odds that Rice will declare for Ireland?".

If PP are willing to shed out a lot of cash on that eventuality, I fear we are in trouble. 

These novelty markets are just for publicity - That's what stakes are extremely limited and why when there are a number of bets in a short space of time, the markets get pulled and then reinstated with drastically amended odds. 

No one has a clue what his decision is going to be until he releases a statement . I think everyone is presuming England because they have bigger name players and are more than likely going to be more successful than us in tournaments . Come on Declan surprise us all . 

I really don't get how so many keep saying that no one has an idea what his decision will be until he releases a statement. 

Declan Rice released the most important statement he ever could as regards us a few months ago, when he made himself unavailable for numerous squads selections when fit. Why is this, by far the most important fact in this whole scenario, so willingly overlooked time and time again.

Exactly.  And the wait is just damage limitation.

He will be an England player very soon 

I personally believe he will play for England. 

But why aren't the Indo running with that story if that's the information you have? 

The UK media has gone very quiet too.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:37pm
There's something a bit weird about certain posters desire to be able to say "I told you so" if Rice declares for England. Why take pleasure from something that hurts the team you support, it's just bizarre.

Edited by The O'Shea - 12 Jan 2019 at 7:37pm
We're decent enough..
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:53pm
Exactly.

GerK and the Indo would be the last people I’d believe.

Well ok second last after The Scum.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:54pm
Be a shame if he ditches The EIRE as he seems like a likeable kid and down to earth and seems to genuinely love playing football. I also think he has great affinity for Ireland but not sure if he sees himself as Irish.  I don't believe he is a mercenary.  I got the feeling Grealish never gave a toss about The EIRE where as I think Rice does.  I just don't think he thought he would ever get a chance to play for England and happily chose us thinking England would never come along. However his career is progressing far better than he ever expected and now opportunities are coming up for him and he has a decision to make that he never thought he would have. 

I wouldn't hate him if he chose England.  I'd be very disappointed.  I'm sure his dad's family would be too.  I don't think its an easy decision for him but think he will choose England.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

There's something a bit weird about certain posters desire to be able to say "I told you so" if Rice declares for England. Why take pleasure from something that hurts the team you support, it's just bizarre.

Personally I wouldn't take any pleasure in seeing any player defecting from Ireland at any level, be it a youngster of 15 or a real up and coming senior player like Rice.

I will say 2 things though.

1 - the moment Rice pulled out of the squad months ago, this situation was over. I'm not in the know and have never claimed to be. It's just common sense. It would be absolutely bizarre if Rice didn't switch over now. Imo his mind was 100 percent made up months ago. Has there ever been a scenario like this where the player refused to turn up for months for a country, had the opportunity to switch, but decided to stay after a of that? It would be extraordinary if he's an Irish player in 2019.

2 - personally I have a massive issue with a player refusing to turn up when called up to the squad. I seem to be in a tiny minority on this thought process. If MON was still manager, I would have no bother at all in backing him if he was of the opinion that even though Rice has decided to get back on board, he won't be selecting him for the foreseeable future. The fact that there's new management may make it easier as there's the sense of a clean slate for everyone, but again I would have no issue with management taking their time turning to players who have refused call ups for no other reason than to think about their future. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 306>
  Share Topic