Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 306>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:47pm
If a player is not committed he has no place in any squad it’s not club football .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:48pm
He met Southgate in the summer , he met o'Neill and more recently Mick mcCarthy , you don't know what Gold is saying to him in the background or the board. On another note he is going to win absolutely nothing as West Ham , so if he's ambitious about winning trophies etc it aint happening in east London. If he goes he goes but i expect him to commit, with our talent pool a year or 2  younger than him  (parrot, O'Connor , Connolly )  we actually have some decent players hopefully coming through premier league clubs . He is also sponsored  by nike so you don't know what's going on there!
royal rover
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:55pm
Any word on when this "decision" will eventually be revealed?
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

He is also sponsored  by nike so you don't know what's going on there!

You would think that he would  'just do it' so..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
FWIW, his 20th birthday is this Monday....
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:09pm
said it before and will say it again, your nationality isn’t a choice. If you’re Irish, you’re irish. Regardless if you’re born in England, Scotland, Sudan or Egypt! If you know you’re irish then making a choice to play for the national team shouldn’t even come into it. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

why post this info up, there'll be a queue of twits posting happy birthday Decky can't wait to see you wear the green Dead
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

why post this info up, there'll be a queue of twits posting happy birthday Decky can't wait to see you wear the green Dead
  pretty sure that would have happened regardless if I had posted it or not.

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 10 Jan 2019 at 9:17pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

LOL

You're on form today bob. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:28pm
I'm not too confident of him declaring for us .  The fact a decision has taken so long seems like he wants to show people it was such a difficult decision after 3 caps for us. I can imagine the statement he releases , how difficult a decision it was but he wants to be successful and challenge for trophies with England . Really hope I'm wrong 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:01am
I’m not confident either... If he does switch to England I can just imagine the backlash from true Irish fans, no matter what reason he gives...he will hit lower than the lowest ( way lower than jack Grealish) . For a player that so many pinned our hopes on for the future and all his pro Irish interviews etc he will be an absolute
 joke. I’m still hoping that Mick made a real impression on him when they met and he might just stay where he is.. 

Edited by Liam Green - 11 Jan 2019 at 12:03am
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

I'm not too confident of him declaring for us .  The fact a decision has taken so long seems like he wants to show people it was such a difficult decision after 3 caps for us. I can imagine the statement he releases , how difficult a decision it was but he wants to be successful and challenge for trophies with England . Really hope I'm wrong 

I think him fudging this decision means he'll eventually choose them, the need for Ireland is rather pressing....with England he can take his time, be looking a bit longer the Summer or next season ..........the longer he's kicked the can down the road the more our chances have dwindled
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:42am
A visit from "nana and grandad" in his sleep is our only hope now. A "special moment" after which he wakes with "a little bit of a tear in his eye".
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:17am
No means no.
If you decline an international cap you have made your decision.

Why do you think all those African lads play(ed) for France and the Polish/Turkey/Other lads play for Germany. 
If you have a chance to play in the World Cup you grab it.
These days the lads are all millionaires and they want it all. 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

said it before and will say it again, your nationality isn’t a choice. If you’re Irish, you’re irish. Regardless if you’re born in England, Scotland, Sudan or Egypt! If you know you’re irish then making a choice to play for the national team shouldn’t even come into it. 

Spot on.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Spot on.

He can still be Irish and play for England.
Happens all the time in football. 
We have certainly benefited from it over the years.

howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:33am
I think the quicker we hear his decision the better and we can all move on . We need to start concentrating on the qualifiers now with the players Mick has available . This whole saga has dragged on way too long 
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Jimbhoy Jimbhoy wrote:

There is no way he is going to play for us. England basically have a home tournament in the next Euros with only one game away from Wembley. Rice probably thinks they will have a good chance of winning that. The thought that McCarthy being manager changing his mind is laughable and mindless wishful thinking. It's not as if we've just appointed the next Jock Stein or Alex Ferguson. Rice's agent will have ensured that he gets a massive bump in his contract when he gets an England cap. No way would he tie his client in for 6 years on £30k a week, he  would be the worst agent in Europe for agreeing a deal like that

McCarthy was more successful as an international player and manager than both Stein and Ferguson. In the context of Rice's decision; it is no harm we have a dual national manager who captained and managed his country in the knock out stages of the World Cup. McCarthy's experience and approach may not influence Rice's decision to our benefit but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 306>
  Share Topic