You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 306>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 1:33pm
Apparently Lanzini is out injured this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Rice keeps his starting place.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:52pm
Positive news that he's back in the starting line up tonight for West Ham!

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:15pm
SSN has him down as playing centre half
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

SSN has him down as playing centre half

Yes, he is and that's where his long-term future will be
The only way is up
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:00am

West Ham star Declan Rice 'fired up' for Tottenham clash after giving Slaven Bilic selection headache

Slaven Bilic challenged his players to hand him a selection “headache” before their EFL Cup third-round tie last night.

Following an emphatic 3-0 victory over Bolton, the West Ham manager may well have been reaching for the paracetamol after Marko Arnautovic and Declan Rice, in particular, duly obliged.

Arnautovic, starting his first match following his three-game ban, played a major part in West Ham’s first two goals while Rice, 18, once again demonstrated that West Ham have a special young player in their ranks. Playing in his favoured central defensive position in a much-changed line-up, Rice showed a maturity beyond his tender years.

Arnautovic, meanwhile, was dynamic, powerful and occasionally frustrating, such as when he audaciously and unsuccessfully attempted to lob Bolton goalkeeper Mark Howard from 15 yards out.

Both players — and others in this easy victory — have put the pressure on Bilic’s probable starting XI for Saturday’s derby against Tottenham, with teenager Rice underlining what it would mean to him to be picked for that game.

Bilic, who made 10 changes from the team which drew against West Brom on Saturday, told his players that there were places up for grabs and Rice said: “Things like that really fire me up. We have a few more training sessions before the Spurs game. There’s a space up for grabs and I want to take it.”

Rice, far from being intimidated by the prospect of playing up against Harry Kane and Dele Alli, would relish the prospect. 

“I couldn’t begin to describe how I would feel if I was picked,” he said. “It could only stand me in good stead for the future, playing against those kind of players.”

Rice began his career at Chelsea but was released at the age of 14. During that time, though, he met John Terry and still maintains contact with the former England defender.

“He is my idol,” said the Republic of Ireland Under-19 international. “I got to know him at Chelsea and still catch up now and then.”

Evening Standard

Edited by rolo - 21 Sep 2017 at 1:01am
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

West Ham star Declan Rice 'fired up' for Tottenham clash after giving Slaven Bilic selection headache
Slaven Bilic challenged his players to hand him a selection “headache” before their EFL Cup third-round tie last night.

Following an emphatic 3-0 victory over Bolton, the West Ham manager may well have been reaching for the paracetamol after Marko Arnautovic and Declan Rice, in particular, duly obliged.

Arnautovic, starting his first match following his three-game ban, played a major part in West Ham’s first two goals while Rice, 18, once again demonstrated that West Ham have a special young player in their ranks. Playing in his favoured central defensive position in a much-changed line-up, Rice showed a maturity beyond his tender years.

Arnautovic, meanwhile, was dynamic, powerful and occasionally frustrating, such as when he audaciously and unsuccessfully attempted to lob Bolton goalkeeper Mark Howard from 15 yards out.

Both players — and others in this easy victory — have put the pressure on Bilic’s probable starting XI for Saturday’s derby against Tottenham, with teenager Rice underlining what it would mean to him to be picked for that game.

Bilic, who made 10 changes from the team which drew against West Brom on Saturday, told his players that there were places up for grabs and Rice said: “Things like that really fire me up. We have a few more training sessions before the Spurs game. There’s a space up for grabs and I want to take it.”

Rice, far from being intimidated by the prospect of playing up against Harry Kane and Dele Alli, would relish the prospect. 

“I couldn’t begin to describe how I would feel if I was picked,” he said. “It could only stand me in good stead for the future, playing against those kind of players.”

Rice began his career at Chelsea but was released at the age of 14. During that time, though, he met John Terry and still maintains contact with the former England defender.

“He is my idol,” said the Republic of Ireland Under-19 international. “I got to know him at Chelsea and still catch up now and then.”

Evening Standard

Seems like a level headed lad. I hope he gets the nod and performs well in what will be a very difficult fixture vs Spurs.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:34am
I just read that MON had him in training with the seniors at the start of the week (as well as O'Hara from Man UTD).
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

I just read that MON had him in training with the seniors at the start of the week (as well as O'Hara from Man UTD).

Yep was while O'shea was going for a check up I believe. I O'Hara's case I think it was Elliot who was running late as Newcastle had only played on Sunday he was given a rest.

I think it is one the qualities of MON, while he hasn't given them any game time he has brought in a good few youngsters from U21 to get them used to Senior set up, I never remember any of this happening under Trap

Edited by lassassinblanc - 04 Oct 2017 at 9:38am
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Yep was while O'shea was going for a check up I believe. I O'Hara's case I think it was Elliot who was running late as Newcastle had only played on Sunday he was given a rest.

I think it is one the qualities of MON, while he hasn't given them any game time he has brought in a good few youngsters from U21 to get them used to Senior set up, I never remember any of this happening under Trap

Well in fairness Trap pretty much picked the same 23 (and starting 11) for 6 years
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
Singing the anthem before the 21s game earlier...good lad Declan
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

seen that. Were they the right words who knows but he was trying.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:38pm

It should be mandatory for every player to sing it before competitive matches.

The pride shown by South American players especially when singing their national anthem is class. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The pride shown by South American players especially when singing their national anthem is class. 
It has done Spain the world of good.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:42pm

Whilst I don’t disagree, imagine telling alright bruv Ary Arfer to get learning the words
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm

Whilst I don’t disagree, imagine telling alright bruv Ary Arfer to get learning the words

Would imagine that would be a sweet sight alright LOL

Still, you watch tomorrow now about 4 or 5 maximum will actually sing it. 

Edited by Green Devil - 05 Oct 2017 at 11:47pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm

He is already pissed off at being there.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 12:42am

Is the match/highlights available to be viewed online?

Also fair play to him for singing the anthem. And to the people asking if he knew/understoof the words... You think many Irish people know more than the opening 3 words and closing 6 words?!

Edited by BippityBoop - 06 Oct 2017 at 12:45am
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 1:59pm
West Ham's reserve manager says he is the best young centre back in England after a man of the match performance for the U23 at the weekend.
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/october/22-october/rice-one-best-young-centre-backs-england-westley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 306>
  Share Topic