You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 306>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Declan Rice - a midfielder good enough to bring Ireland closer to being able to compete for possession with the likes of Serbia, Switzerland and Denmark. 

Not a midfielder good enough to bridge the midfield gap between England and the other top European teams. 

He has just turned 20 years of age, what an utter ridiculous statement to make Confused 

Rice has massive potential and if he continues on this upward trajectory he could find himself at one of Englands top clubs within the next season or two.

England right now are amongst the top 5/6 teams in Europe anyhow, as painful as that is for many on here to admit. 

I still think against the likes of Spain, Germany, France, Portugal  that their lack of a real top class playmaker will cost them.

Most overrated England team of all time. 

Would expect the French, Germans and Dutch to all beat them by two goals in a proper tournament game. 

Don’t want to hear how them beating Spain in the Nations League is a big deal. For the smaller sides the NL is a chance to make the play-offs. For the top teams it’s not much more than a heap of inconvenient friendlies. 

Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:31pm

Declan Rice - a midfielder good enough to bring Ireland closer to being able to compete for possession with the likes of Serbia, Switzerland and Denmark. 

Not a midfielder good enough to bridge the midfield gap between England and the other top European teams. 

He has just turned 20 years of age, what an utter ridiculous statement to make Confused 

Rice has massive potential and if he continues on this upward trajectory he could find himself at one of Englands top clubs within the next season or two.

England right now are amongst the top 5/6 teams in Europe anyhow, as painful as that is for many on here to admit. 

I still think against the likes of Spain, Germany, France, Portugal  that their lack of a real top class playmaker will cost them.

Would expect the French, Germans and Dutch to all beat them by two goals in a proper tournament game. 

Don’t want to hear how them beating Spain in the Nations League is a big deal. For the smaller sides the NL is a chance to make the play-offs. For the top teams it’s not much more than a heap of inconvenient friendlies. 

Based on what?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

This fella will be as good as Roy Keane

No chance. Keane was awesome. 

Rice is just as good and will only get better

Ok so you keep believing that.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm

And if they had lost tonight we would be gloating. They have a very good team, even if I find them quite monotonous to watch. The question is how good they are, but they are certainly one of the top teams in Europe.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:39pm
Plenty of delusional talk on here as always regarding England 

It’s not a crime or doesn’t make you any less Irish to admit they’re very good

I even read on here over the weekend that we’d give them a good game LOL

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:48pm
Do you know who did cap rice though? Tony Adams 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm

just another reason to slate Keane and o Neill because they didn't cap rice. 

Keane and MON were muppets.    But Rice will be the England captain withing 2-3yrs and be playing for a top 4 club in Europe.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And if they had lost tonight we would be gloating. They have a very good team, even if I find them quite monotonous to watch. The question is how good they are, but they are certainly one of the top teams in Europe.

They’ve had some decent results but the record shows that at the World Cup they played two very good teams in Croatia and Belgium, and lost three times. (Including third place play-off which isn’t particularly important) 

Since that they’ve played in the Nations League and won a few games. I believe it is a good competition for division 2-4 teams, but lacks much meaning for the big sides in division 1 as there’s nothing at stake because they know they’ll qualify. That’s why we’ve seen such entertaining end to end games, as there’s no repercussions to doing badly in it if you know you’ll breeze qualifying. 

In this campaign they’ve beaten the Czechs who Northern Ireland easily disposed of in the last qualifying campaign and Montenegro who have won twice in their last 15 games or something - both wins came against Lithuania. 

Even if they played a well structured team like the North or Wales and won then I’d concede a bit of credit to them, but they’ve got a very soft group and will look great all the way through the qualifiers. 

That is until they play one of the big boys in the last sixteen or quarter finals and get turfed out again. 

Kane and Sterling are two high class players, the rest of the team is fairly average in comparison to other top European and South American sides. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm
Fancy answering my question though?

I asked about Holland Thumbs Up
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:53pm

Keane and MON were muppets.    But Rice will be the England captain withing 2-3yrs and be playing for a top 4 club in Europe.

He could be made king of england tomorrow and it makes no difference. He will still never be in the same class as roy keane. NEVER 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:55pm
They’ve probably got, along with France, the best young players coming through in the world at the minute
They can only beat what’s put in front of them.

What South American teams would beat them? Brazil maybe. Argentina I don’t think so. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They’ve probably got, along with France, the best young players coming through in the world at the minute
They can only beat what’s put in front of them.

What South American teams would beat them? Brazil maybe. Argentina I don’t think so. 
They could beat every team in the world, win the Nations League, Euros and World Cup and you would have fellas saying they are lucky and that they would struggle against Mars.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:56pm
@Maccatacca

Kane and Sterling are two high class players, the rest of the team is fairly average in comparison to other top European and South American sides. 

Yeah sure we'll just ignore the likes of Alli, Rashford, Gomez, Alexander Arnold etc and then laud players on the continent with fancy surnames who play for clubs like Valencia, Betis, Sporting Lisbon, Lazio to fit your agenda. 

Confused

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Mar 2019 at 10:59pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:04pm
Jesus Navas starting for Spain (at right back) and Ryan Babel starting for Holland are not average players at all though. They’re packed full of world class players those top sides and would all hammer England 4-0, apart from most recently when England went to Spain and won but that doesn’t count. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:08pm
Beating the Czechs and Montenegro as comprehensively as they does bode well. They aren’t great teams but few will rack up five against them easily. They also have a serious fluency in their play, and seeing Rice, Sancho and Hudson Odoi would make most fans jealous.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:09pm

Fancy answering my question though?

I asked about Holland Thumbs Up

No problem. 

We talk about young English talent coming through? 

The Dutch have without doubt the best youngsters coming through at the moment. EDIT: (Apart from France) And several of these lads are already mainstays in the team. 

Not sure if you watched Ajax tear Real Madrid apart, but that side was packed full of youthful Dutch players. 

People describe Declan Rice as a young midfielder /defender with the world at his feet, but he’s a million miles off the likes of De Ligt and Frenkie De Jong. 

Not to mention Donny Van de Beek and Patrick Kluivert who are both serious players in the making. 

The Dutch have turned a corner recently and are without doubt on the way back, they’d be my underdog selection for the Euros to be honest. They’ve no world class striker which England do, but England don’t have any world class midfielders or defenders.

They were fantastic in the second half against the Germans last night and very unlucky to lose that game. But I suppose they won’t be too worried as they’ve only got to finish ahead of the Nordies, Belarus and Estonia to qualify. 

I don’t believe the Nations League is a huge barometer of a teams qaulity but the Dutch managed to defeat both Germany and France in their division, equally as impressive as England’s results, if not more so. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 25 Mar 2019 at 11:12pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:13pm
I don’t believe there are many great international sides around at the minute.
France are certainly out on their own, but the rest all have their flaws. England are in the next group of teams behind France id say. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:18pm

He could be made king of england tomorrow and it makes no difference. He will still never be in the same class as roy keane. NEVER 

He already has made it into the same class as Roy Keane. Both betrayed their country.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 306>
  Share Topic