You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Maybe it didnt help that theres a certain section of our support whom turn there noses up at the nordies, second generation or generally anyone who doesnt have a broad irish twang, but god forbid when one of them turns there back on us LOL

Their
Their back.
& capitalise Irish while you are at it, bit of respect like.
I could go on.

FFS

Point being theres a section of our support  whom are delusional. Take a look at the way some of the second generation support get treated by the "real irish" the mixed attitude james mc clean gets on here despite his contributions in the last campaign, we all know if he was from cork or dublin he would be universally loved. Maybe our chickens came home..
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:49pm

Maybe it didnt help that theres a certain section of our support whom turn there noses up at the nordies, second generation or generally anyone who doesnt have a broad irish twang, but god forbid when one of them turns there back on us LOL

Their
Their back.
I could go on.

FFS

Point being theres a section of our support  whom are delusional. Take a look at the way some of the second generation support get treated by the "real irish" the mixed attitude james mc clean gets on here despite his contributions in the last campaign, we all know if he was from cork or dublin he would be universally loved. Maybe our chickens came home..

Our greatest ever players were from Cork and Dublin respectively (both share the same name) both get lampooned on here on a daily basis, so saying if someone was from Cork or Dublin they would be liked more then someone else
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Their
Their back.
I could go on.

FFS

Our greatest ever players were from Cork and Dublin respectively (both share the same name) both get lampooned on here on a daily basis, so saying if someone was from Cork or Dublin they would be liked more then someone else
Aye and one of them called big mick an english **** and was at it again 16 years later with harry arter. 
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:23pm

Aye and one of them called big mick an english **** and was at it again 16 years later with harry arter. 

He also defiantly called "proud Englishman" Deco Rice, Irish. Roy's radar is of the ironic variety.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

He also defiantly called "proud Englishman" Deco Rice, Irish. Roy's radar is of the ironic variety.
Roy does everything defiantly.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

Roy does everything defiantly.

The man is estranged from his own bladder and pees exclusively on trees that look at him the wrong way.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:10pm

Their
Their back.
I could go on.

FFS

What's this mixed attitude you talk of?

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

For wasn't it respected psephologist* and academic Prof. Brendan O'Leary ...

* - That's a vote-counter to you and me.

I would have said "pollster". A vote-counter or surveyor would simply say "I surveyed 1,000 people and here are the results", whereas a psephologist will try and correct for errors in his sample size to produce a more accurate poll.

There's more to psephology than counting votes; I think pollster is the better shorthand.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Their
Their back.
I could go on.

FFS

Read his thread!! In short it seems to be based on his politics and the fact he is limited as a footballer, like all our players but his limitations seems to annoy the most.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:21pm

Jimmy Mac is definitely treated differently. Players usually get that kind of reception at their testimonial, not their debut. Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:50pm

Their
Their back.
I could go on.

FFS

Read his thread!! In short it seems to be based on his politics and the fact he is limited as a footballer, like all our players but his limitations seems to annoy the most.
Every player who is limited as a footballer is likely to come in for criticism. That's just logical.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:56pm
Whatever you think of him, I think some of the criticism of MCClean comes from the fact he was perceived as a favourite of ONeill (same with Coleman) and wasn't picked on merit. Unfair on him as he didn't pick himself.
Worrying time for him at the moment - not a certain starter in a bang average Championship team doesn't bode well for his international team aspirations.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:04pm
No caps O’hara regrets his decision. If they call up Will Keane it’s a disgrace.

https://www.balls.ie/football/jamie-ohara-discusses-irish-regrets-as-he-labels-rice-disprespectful-405958?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=web - https://www.balls.ie/football/jamie-ohara-discusses-irish-regrets-as-he-labels-rice-disprespectful-405958?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=web
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:03pm
Rice has not got alot of support from ex pros......any I've heard comment don't agree with what he's done
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:14pm

Their
Their back.
I could go on.

FFS

He shouldn’t be in our starting eleven. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Rice has not got alot of support from ex pros......any I've heard comment don't agree with what he's done
The only ones being vocal about it, that I have come across, either only have one nationality or only identify with one nationality. That's why I found Aluko's comments interesting, as she and her brother are dual nationals. 

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Even Jamie O'Hara had a pop ffs. A man who turned us down twice and now openly regrets it. LOL

Kilbane, Breen, McClean & co. are absolutely within their rights to call it out for what it is; cynical jingoism and opportunist turncoatery. I sincerely hope all the current and committed lads are reading every word and taking motivation from it.

Dual nationality is a perfectly valid thing. That goes without saying. I think it's fair to say that nationality itself is an emotional thing for most people. Playing both sides in international competition is a dual pisstake and is in no way mitigated by a (mostly) tactful PR job or the fact the rules allow for it.

'Dual' is not some 50:50 coequal comforter. Rice's Irishness, on record, has officially been relegated to "heritage". "Proud Englishman" is the takeaway.

And carry-on like singing and crying a national anthem at senior level can't ever be equated with the purely mercenary game of club football. International football sans nationalism and loyalty is a dead f**king duck.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:28pm
I think it's the idea of winning a full cap and then switching that most I've heard are against.....Andy Cole suggested the cut off should be 18 or 19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 306>
  Share Topic