Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 306>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:46am
The Rice situation is taking too long to come to the boil.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

You'd have to wounder if he keeps dragging out the decision would England lose interest in him and possible shift there focus on some else to develop that's already coming up through the system. 

Dragging out the decision??? ... The thing he is he doesn't need to make a decision until the next squad announcement. Its common sense not to say nothing until then. Makes his life a whole lot easier

Edited by ShamtheRam - 08 Feb 2019 at 10:55am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:59am
At this stage I hope he declares for Scotland Broken Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:21am
Nah, just as I thought same sh*t different day, nothing still to see here
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:36am
Nobody has a notion what's going on until we are given an announcement. Fingers crossed he's simply named in Mick's squad to put an end to all this horsesh*t. I'll be delighted when the circus is over
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Exactly, roll on the squad announcement. 

However big Mick might say I was speaking to Declan and he wants to be omitted for the foreseeable future thus leading to a further drawn out saga for us LOL
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I think (like everyone) Aldo is talking out his hoop. If Rice was always intent on switching and was to do a solid for Mick (at least), he would have declared for England a month ago. It would have given the whole situation a couple months to die down, so when Mick arrives for March games, the media circus will have been nullified somewhat.

Call me an optimist, but Rice seems like a decent guy, and knowing that Mick gave him March deadline,  I find it hard to believe Rice is going to drop a bombshell on the eve of a team announcement, and leave Mick dealing with a couple of weeks of non stop Rice questions.

My hot take: Rice has already given Mick his answer... and all will be confirmed in a low key squad announcement. 

As my spiel above, if Rice is switching, I'm sure he (and his advisers) would want to do it in the most tactile and respectful way possible. Not via the non inclusion in Ireland squad. The closer we get to a squad announcement, the more confident I'd be of him staying.

Mick's from Barnsley, and doesn't particularly strike me as the touchy-feely type. I really don't think Rice delivering the news of his defection with an arm round the shoulder and a squeeze of the thigh would go down all that well.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 08 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

However big Mick might say I was speaking to Declan and he wants to be omitted for the foreseeable future thus leading to a further drawn out saga for us LOL

Would be most appropriate if Rice was included in Micks Spring roll call.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I think (like everyone) Aldo is talking out his hoop. If Rice was always intent on switching and was to do a solid for Mick (at least), he would have declared for England a month ago. It would have given the whole situation a couple months to die down, so when Mick arrives for March games, the media circus will have been nullified somewhat.

Call me an optimist, but Rice seems like a decent guy, and knowing that Mick gave him March deadline,  I find it hard to believe Rice is going to drop a bombshell on the eve of a team announcement, and leave Mick dealing with a couple of weeks of non stop Rice questions.

My hot take: Rice has already given Mick his answer... and all will be confirmed in a low key squad announcement. 

As my spiel above, if Rice is switching, I'm sure he (and his advisers) would want to do it in the most tactile and respectful way possible. Not via the non inclusion in Ireland squad. The closer we get to a squad announcement, the more confident I'd be of him staying.

Mick's from Barnsley, and doesn't particularly strike me as the touchy-feely type. I really don't think Rice delivering the news of his defection with an arm round the shoulder and a squeeze of the thigh would go down all that well.
Talk about stereotyping! Anyway, Mick is well known as being a manager that players like and a lot of that comes from the fact that he does put the arm around the shoulder when needed. From what I can gather, big Mick loves a cuddle.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Talk about stereotyping! Anyway, Mick is well known as being a manager that players like and a lot of that comes from the fact that he does put the arm around the shoulder when needed. From what I can gather, big Mick loves a cuddle.
Fair point - I'm sure you're right. But I like Mick as a character and I rather enjoy the stereotype.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:12pm

I think we need a Poll added to this thread. 

Would you like a cuddle off Mick? 
Yes or No

I'll get the ball rolling. Yes
El Puto Amo
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

if i was to bet on any outcome it would be this LOL

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Yes or No

Yes
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:14pm
Yes
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:06pm

Yes or No

That's surely a rhetorical question! A cuddle off Mick could only be improved if he was duetting with Linda Martin at the time. 

I bet he smells lovely.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:30pm

Yes or No

NO 

Hand shake and a slight knowing nod will do me
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yes or No

That's surely a rhetorical question! A cuddle off Mick could only be improved if he was duetting with Linda Martin at the time. 

I bet he smells lovely.

Old Spice and eau de four four f**kin two pal. 
Crosby87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crosby87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:24pm
Would Mick call him "Rice Cakes" during the cuddle though? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 306>
  Share Topic