Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 306>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Dedicated his goal to Michael Collins, Brian Boru and Michael Flatley.

Its in the bag.

Boil in the bag?
Puntriffic
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Paddy Power odds are not indicative on anything in this situation. 

Fairly sure this market falls under the term ‘novelty betting’. 

I've been betting a long time and it's rear paddy gets it wrong with odds like that 

Edited by howieb - 12 Jan 2019 at 3:40pm
Long Shot View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Two of our household names did
 McClean and Duffy.

I dlubt there was ever such a spotlight on them so not sure what they would have said if asked about their commitment back then.

Declan switching would definitely be of the 'dramatic' variety. Not many players have ever walked out of one senior international team to join another. There may have been players who had fallen out of favour at senior level and who were no longer being selected for squads and who then switched allegiance, but to just walk out of a senior team where you are wanted and are being selected to join another must be almost unprecedented.

Chadli who used to play for Spurs, played for Morocco (through his parents) against N Iron in a friendly, Belgium came calling and 84 days later he played for Belgium.

Yes, I read about that case before, but you could argue that a solitary friendly cap and then switching allegiance was just about understandable (the player could say he didn't like the set up or the manager etc and didn't feel comfortable). To be capped three times in succession over a period of months and just walk out to join another international side would clearly be unprecedented.

Jermaine Jones played 3 friendlies for Germany before switching to the USA 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Long Shot Long Shot wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Two of our household names did
 McClean and Duffy.

I dlubt there was ever such a spotlight on them so not sure what they would have said if asked about their commitment back then.

Declan switching would definitely be of the 'dramatic' variety. Not many players have ever walked out of one senior international team to join another. There may have been players who had fallen out of favour at senior level and who were no longer being selected for squads and who then switched allegiance, but to just walk out of a senior team where you are wanted and are being selected to join another must be almost unprecedented.

Chadli who used to play for Spurs, played for Morocco (through his parents) against N Iron in a friendly, Belgium came calling and 84 days later he played for Belgium.

Yes, I read about that case before, but you could argue that a solitary friendly cap and then switching allegiance was just about understandable (the player could say he didn't like the set up or the manager etc and didn't feel comfortable). To be capped three times in succession over a period of months and just walk out to join another international side would clearly be unprecedented.

<div -reactroot=""><div ="---highlight---25XjE" role="presentation" style="user-: none; display: none;"><a id="divpercipio" ="---toolTipContainer---1LRpf" role="Search" style="top: 170px; left: 249px; display: none;">Search in Percipio</a><div id="percipioarrow" ="---arrowContainer---3GqlY" style="top: 189px; left: 249px; display: none;"><div ="---arrowDown---m3bEl">

I’d say the Germans shat themselves over that
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

I've been betting a long time and it's rear paddy gets it wrong with odds like that 

PP have nothing to lose with those odds, so why not?  More importantly as far as actual likelihoods are concerned would be "what are the odds that Rice will declare for Ireland?".

If PP are willing to shed out a lot of cash on that eventuality, I fear we are in trouble. 
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:48pm
100/30 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

PP have nothing to lose with those odds, so why not?  More importantly as far as actual likelihoods are concerned would be "what are the odds that Rice will declare for Ireland?".

If PP are willing to shed out a lot of cash on that eventuality, I fear we are in trouble. 

These novelty markets are just for publicity - That's what stakes are extremely limited and why when there are a number of bets in a short space of time, the markets get pulled and then reinstated with drastically amended odds. 

howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

These novelty markets are just for publicity - That's what stakes are extremely limited and why when there are a number of bets in a short space of time, the markets get pulled and then reinstated with drastically amended odds. 

No one has a clue what his decision is going to be until he releases a statement . I think everyone is presuming England because they have bigger name players and are more than likely going to be more successful than us in tournaments . Come on Declan surprise us all . 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He's not quick enough to play for a top 6 team as a defender so it's a strange decision from Southgate to say he sees him as a defender, especially as he's starting to establish himself as a very good holding midfielder.

Took his goal very well, and used the ball well throughout the game. It'll be a sickener to lose him when he makes the seemingly inevitable decision to defect.

Strange comment. 

John Terry wasn't the quickest either  who never needed to rely on pace and he was one of the best centre backs in the last 20 years in England. Steve Bruce to a lesser degree wasn't blessed with pace either. Their positional sense and physical strength would be far more a critical factor than how quick they are for that position imo. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:59pm
Pace is hugely important for a CB. If you have little or no pace as a CB, your team set up and tactics are extremely limited. Especially if you are playing for sides who like to be on the front foot, like England would. Or Man City, who he was recently linked with.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:01pm

For the record, he's long odds (10/3) to play for us.  

If they're limited stakes, it might make sense from a publicity view for PP to give odds regardless of likelihoods.

But I imagine they're not likely to want to shell out three times your money on substantial bets if they've got it wrong.  In which case, they may have a firm idea. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm

No one has a clue what his decision is going to be until he releases a statement . I think everyone is presuming England because they have bigger name players and are more than likely going to be more successful than us in tournaments . Come on Declan surprise us all . 

I really don't get how so many keep saying that no one has an idea what his decision will be until he releases a statement. 

Declan Rice released the most important statement he ever could as regards us a few months ago, when he made himself unavailable for numerous squads selections when fit. Why is this, by far the most important fact in this whole scenario, so willingly overlooked time and time again.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He's not quick enough to play for a top 6 team as a defender so it's a strange decision from Southgate to say he sees him as a defender, especially as he's starting to establish himself as a very good holding midfielder.

Took his goal very well, and used the ball well throughout the game. It'll be a sickener to lose him when he makes the seemingly inevitable decision to defect.

Make no mistake he will play for a top 6 team. He's 19 and he's a regular starter for a prem league team. How many 19 year olds can you name starting every week in the premier league.  He's going to be a top player . 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Pace is hugely important for a CB. If you have little or no pace as a CB, your team set up and tactics are extremely limited. Especially if you are playing for sides who like to be on the front foot, like England would. Or Man City, who he was recently linked with.

Is he really that slow?
Would Harry McGuire have any pace carrying that head?

Surely positioning and reading of the game is more important.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:10pm

For the record, he's long odds (10/3) to play for us.  

If they're limited stakes, it might make sense from a publicity view for PP to give odds regardless of likelihoods.

But I imagine they're not likely to want to shell out three times your money on substantial bets if they've got it wrong.  In which case, they may have a firm idea. 

This is the whole point of having these markets. It's like Next Manager markets etc. Bookies never lose much money on these markets.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Long Shot Long Shot wrote:

That was your typical example of a player falling out of favour with one country and then making the change. Germany had simply stopped playing him and Low stated publicly that Jones was no longer in his plans.
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:18pm
I saw other clubs mentioned but it would have been disrespectful of me to have considered leaving West Ham and my team-mates. My intentions were always to stay here and I feel this is the best place for me. 

This was his quote when asked about signing a new contract at West Ham. So now, will he apply same logic to the international situation?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:21pm
Will his goal be at included in the weekly list of Irish Scorers on here?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 306>
  Share Topic