Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 306>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:31am
I fear the worst now.

He has been tempted by world cups and European championships. 
We can’t offer him that. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 28 Aug 2018 at 8:34am

Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I fear the worst now.

We can’t offer him that. 

Does he qualify for Germany also ?
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I fear the worst now.

We can’t offer him that. 

If his head's turned by that, then we might as well let him go ahead and declare for England - there's no point in him declaring for us and then putting in half-hearted performances and wondering what might have been while he's sitting at home watching major tournaments on tv that we haven't qualified for.

What concerns me now though (presuming for now that he does declare for England), is that that's 2 potential players we've now lost out on under MoN's watch - Jack Grealish and now DR.  Can't be a co-incidence surely? Nuke

To paraphrase that saying - to lose one player is unfortunate, but to lose 2 is careless...Unhappy

Edited by ConorMac77 - 28 Aug 2018 at 8:58am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

To paraphrase that saying - to lose one player is unfortunate, but to lose 2 is careless...Unhappy
In fairness Grealish was a kunt and his drunken antics and subsequent loss of form (similar to Stephen Manchester) showed that. Whilst he's playing again its still only second division football.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:19am
being honest he could be in advance stages of a contract negotiation so he is playing on this and good luck to him with that.

call him up to the next game after Wales and if he says no then he should be told where to go.  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:25am
If he continues to be omitted from the West Ham side, he then may realize that the grass is not greener...

He may opt for England but never play for England.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:30am
Wimbledon v West Ham in the league cup live on Sky tonight. Rice will surely get a run. Be interesting to see if all this has affected him.
Ask MaGee
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

being honest he could be in advance stages of a contract negotiation so he is playing on this and good luck to him with that.

call him up to the next game after Wales and if he says no then he should be told where to go.  

its over.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

In fairness Grealish was a kunt and his drunken antics and subsequent loss of form (similar to Stephen Manchester) showed that. Whilst he's playing again its still only second division football.

Maybe, and I know it's easy to be wise after the event and think 'we've dodged a bullet there' but it's still a potential player we've missed out on, the first of 2.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any of this carry-on happening before MONROY took over. I know we've had players pulling out with 'injuries' (but then, what country doesn't?) and of course, the granny assassin, but not players 'hmm'ing and 'haa'ing before deciding 'nah, I'll go for *insert country name here*. 

Whether, it's down to an issue with MONROY or not, I just hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence. Angry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:41am

He'd also walk into our starting xi now
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:41am
Dont want a player half hearted playing for us. We are better off without the player.

If hes genuine in his reasons for time off fair enough but I cant help but feel its like when a girlfreind asks for time to think things over. Leave her off 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:42am

Maybe, and I know it's easy to be wise after the event and think 'we've dodged a bullet there' but it's still a potential player we've missed out on, the first of 2.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any of this carry-on happening before MONROY took over. I know we've had players pulling out with 'injuries' (but then, what country doesn't?) and of course, the granny assassin, but not players 'hmm'ing and 'haa'ing before deciding 'nah, I'll go for *insert country name here*. 

Whether, it's down to an issue with MONROY or not, I just hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence. Angry

It's more a reflection of the current state of the premier league and by extension the England team. 20 years ago the likes of Rice and Grealish would not have considered getting close to the England team but with the likes of Maguire etc getting into squads and teams due to their being less England players at the top clubs, it makes it more attainable for those type of players. 
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

He’s made his decision has he? Didn’t know that. 

u didnt know he made a decision not to accept a call up to the latest squad? Would you like me to fill you in. 

I didn’t know he had chosen to switch from playing for Ireland to playing for England. 
Maybe McClean knows. He’d know more about switching national sides Wink

Jaysus Baggio,Whats the gripe with McClean?
Got a relative in the RAF or something???
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:45am
He needs to put this to bed ASAP,and not let it drag on and become a bigger circus
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

He’s made his decision has he? Didn’t know that. 

u didnt know he made a decision not to accept a call up to the latest squad? Would you like me to fill you in. 

I didn’t know he had chosen to switch from playing for Ireland to playing for England. 
Maybe McClean knows. He’d know more about switching national sides Wink

Jaysus Baggio,Whats the gripe with McClean?
Got a relative in the RAF or something???

Don't be ridiculous.
I think he's too stupid and rash on social media and would be better else off it as he obviously can't help himself.
I don't understand what him wading into the story is going to achieve. Its not about him. There are about 40 Ireland senior players named in every squad and he's the only one that's come out on social media to comment on this. Why is this? Is he trying to come across as an uber Irishman? Oohh look at me posting a tricolour and kissing the badge, that'll get all the fans to worship me even more.

He's also one of the last players in our squad that should be commenting about players switching allegiances in international football.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

He'd also walk into our starting xi now

Too right he would, we are a shambles 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:53am
Why is somebody born in Ireland NOT entitled to play for Ireland yet somebody in England perfectly entitled to play for Ireland
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:56am
Who's said anyone wasn't entitled to play for Ireland?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 306>
  Share Topic