FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 306>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

There were a lot on here who said that the mirror story was just paper talk..have they come out and said they were wrong?

Lol utterly bizarre 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

There were a lot on here who said that the mirror story was just paper talk..have they come out and said they were wrong?

Why would they? If people apologised for being wrong every time there'd be little room for other posts 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 7:10pm
I'm not, I simply haven't seen any confirmation of what you're saying. You are after all the one making the assertion, so the burden of evidence is yours.
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Has he actually refused to play for the U-21's, or hashe simply not been picked due to the overall circumstances?

The squad hasn't been announce yet, so don't know where he got the idea that Rice was refusing to play for them

This is what a couple of journalists have said, including the usually reliable Daniel McDonnell.

Are you able to tell us differently?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 31 Aug 2018 at 6:57pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm
Something similar to this has probably been posted here but to avoid falling into this long drawn out” will he ,won’t he “ scenario with dual qualified players two of these best 17 -22 year olds should be selected for every senior competitive game and put on the bench and hopefully get some game time to tie them to us.. if Declan rice had been called up 18 months ago for one of the qualifiers and he declined, we could have moved on and not made to look so powerless and ridiculous as we do now..
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Mark Noble says pick England and ££££:

"He has to make his own mind up, knowing that the decision he makes could impact his career massively.

"He will also understand that, if he has a dip in form for whatever reason, the Irish FA won’t have any hesitation in leaving him out.

"You have to look after yourself and be selfish in a way.

Does this thick cockney realise just how desperate we are? Tongue

He's eligible for the north now too? Bizarre comment to say the least from Noble. Is he suggesting that England will never drop him and play him through any bad form he's going through? Not only would they drop him like a shot, the media would scapegoat and harrass him. there's a concerted effort by all at West Ham to turn his head it seems and will use any cheap lines to get their way 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:38pm
Or who the Irish FA are, as opposed to the Football Association of Ireland, for that matter.

He's a tube.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:18pm
Mark Noble says pick England and ££££:

"He has to make his own mind up, knowing that the decision he makes could impact his career massively.

"He will also understand that, if he has a dip in form for whatever reason, the Irish FA won’t have any hesitation in leaving him out.

"You have to look after yourself and be selfish in a way.

Does this thick cockney realise just how desperate we are? Tongue

Edited by Maccatacca - 31 Aug 2018 at 5:21pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

I said this after Grealish and got hammered but I still believe it. Under 21 squads should only be domestic based players (From any national background with Irish qualification) and Irish born players abroad. If an English born Irish man playing abroad wants to play for Ireland they can wait until the seniors come calling.

So we deny guys the chance to play for the country that they may well identify as their own simply because they're eligible for another? I'm sure that wouldn't be in the slightest alienating...

Taking your point to it's logical conclusion, we'd also have to exclude Irish-born players like Bazunu simply because they're eligible for another nations too... Its an absolutely idiotic suggestion which would do more harm than good, and you were rightly hammered for suggesting something that is so blatently discriminatory.

Bazuna plays for Shamrock Rovers. He is eligible. If he is good enough at 17 for Man City next year cap him. No problem. Im talking about under 21s and below. 

He's also eligible for another nation, which is exactly the same problem as your ludicrous "Rice/Grealish rule" seeks to address.
Again - Based in Ireland = Eligible!
Once he moves, if he is good enough to play for Ireland Im sure senior team will cap him
Anybody with Irish links no matter where born playing domestically is eligible. Not sure which part of that you dont understand. Irish Rugby do it for all domestic players and nobody really sees an issue. Its a twist on that style

What does being based in Ireland have to do with anything? What you're  complaining about is guys switching nations having played for us  at underage level; Bazunu, Shodipo, etc could do that just as easily as Rice and Grealish despite the fact they're Irish-born, so naturally they would fall within the jurisdiction of your discriminatory rule.

And you aren't arguing for just a domestic based squad, as you also said we should pick Irish-born players in foreign leagues. A perverse outcome of such a rule would be that the likes of Sean Maguire and Derrick Williams would not have been able to represent us at underage levels despite growing up in Ireland (as they were born in London and Hamburg respectively)...

Sean Maguire played for Waterford United, Cork City , Dundalk and Sligo Rovers. Perfectly eligible for Underage football. Did he even play many underage games anyway?

Is the Rugby stance discriminatory?

You could tweak the rule to show any player living in Ireland more than a year of his life is eligible. You fully know the point Im making without having to be pedantic about it.

Several "Irish" players have taken caps off actual Irish players over the years. I think its time we plugged that hole. If you want to play for Ireland either live here or wait until you are called. Simple at full International level, if you are not willing to do that or wait for the call then you are not the type of player we want anyway. Would Kilbane, Connolly or Breen have waited? of course they would have!

He also played for West Ham and Accrington ffs, at which point he would presumably have ceased to be picked...
We're decent enough..
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I reckon apart from the agent,, the club is putting pressure on him. For West Ham to have an top England star would be a marketing dream for them. 

Doesn't take private investigators to work this one out when you have David Gold tweeting about how much of a wonderful captain Rice would make for England!

Wouldn't surprise me if Gold was the main instigator in all of this.

I agree. The big winners from Rice declaring for England are West Ham and the agent. There will be a serious increase in transfer value and that is good news for both. 

For the player himself, yes he will increase his value endorsement/wages wise however he will also be under increased scrutiny/pressure. On the basis that he is a premiership player u have to assume money is not going to be an issue.

On the above basis if u were genuinely conflicted about nationality the logical thing to do would be choose "The Eire" coz the few extra quid mean damn all. 
It's not me it's you:-)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I reckon apart from the agent,, the club is putting pressure on him. For West Ham to have an top England star would be a marketing dream for them. 

Doesn't take private investigators to work this one out when you have David Gold tweeting about how much of a wonderful captain Rice would make for England!

Wouldn't surprise me if Gold was the main instigator in all of this.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 1:57pm

I said this after Grealish and got hammered but I still believe it. Under 21 squads should only be domestic based players (From any national background with Irish qualification) and Irish born players abroad. If an English born Irish man playing abroad wants to play for Ireland they can wait until the seniors come calling.

So we deny guys the chance to play for the country that they may well identify as their own simply because they're eligible for another? I'm sure that wouldn't be in the slightest alienating...

Taking your point to it's logical conclusion, we'd also have to exclude Irish-born players like Bazunu simply because they're eligible for another nations too... Its an absolutely idiotic suggestion which would do more harm than good, and you were rightly hammered for suggesting something that is so blatently discriminatory.

Bazuna plays for Shamrock Rovers. He is eligible. If he is good enough at 17 for Man City next year cap him. No problem. Im talking about under 21s and below. 

He's also eligible for another nation, which is exactly the same problem as your ludicrous "Rice/Grealish rule" seeks to address.
Once he moves, if he is good enough to play for Ireland Im sure senior team will cap him
Anybody with Irish links no matter where born playing domestically is eligible. Not sure which part of that you dont understand. Irish Rugby do it for all domestic players and nobody really sees an issue. Its a twist on that style

What does being based in Ireland have to do with anything? What you're  complaining about is guys switching nations having played for us  at underage level; Bazunu, Shodipo, etc could do that just as easily as Rice and Grealish despite the fact they're Irish-born, so naturally they would fall within the jurisdiction of your discriminatory rule.

And you aren't arguing for just a domestic based squad, as you also said we should pick Irish-born players in foreign leagues. A perverse outcome of such a rule would be that the likes of Sean Maguire and Derrick Williams would not have been able to represent us at underage levels despite growing up in Ireland (as they were born in London and Hamburg respectively)...

Sean Maguire played for Waterford United, Cork City , Dundalk and Sligo Rovers. Perfectly eligible for Underage football. Did he even play many underage games anyway?

Is the Rugby stance discriminatory?

You could tweak the rule to show any player living in Ireland more than a year of his life is eligible. You fully know the point Im making without having to be pedantic about it.

Several "Irish" players have taken caps off actual Irish players over the years. I think its time we plugged that hole. If you want to play for Ireland either live here or wait until you are called. Simple at full International level, if you are not willing to do that or wait for the call then you are not the type of player we want anyway. Would Kilbane, Connolly or Breen have waited? of course they would have!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’s made his decision has he? Didn’t know that. 

Set the phone down McClean and get off social media. 

This one gave me the biggest laugh LOL from the fckwit that trawls and regurgitates all the sh*t he can come across on social media LOL 

Watch your language 
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:15pm

I don't wish to answer for Scotty, but what I would say is that ideally, a national football side should be representative of the best footballing output that that country can produce. I know it is not realistic, but in an ideal world, wouldn't it be great to have football squads that we can point to as having nurtured and developed, instead of those full of players who can't get in at their first choice of national side?

And secondly, if a player in an Irish club knows he is going to get international experience, he is less likely to go to England which will strengthen the domestic game. That is, or should be, one of the objectives of the FAI as well as stewardship of the national teams.

In reality, the FAI don't give a sh*te about the domestic game, and people prefer to see results on the pitch from an international cabal rather than have Irish players developed and promoted. But in an ideal world, he is spot on.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’s made his decision has he? Didn’t know that. 

Set the phone down McClean and get off social media. 

This one gave me the biggest laugh LOL from the fckwit that trawls and regurgitates all the sh*t he can come across on social media LOL 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:04pm

We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 11:50am
http://the-fa.com/ITi95L

When you look at the players in the England under-21s squad it’s quite clear that Declan would walk into it. He’s not a million miles away from their first team either.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Kevin Kilbane - "I’d rather be ranked 150th in the world and never qualify again than have someone who has played, but needs time to THINK whether they should play for us again. "

speak for yourself Kevin!
Fook off ragbag he is spot fckin on 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 306>
  Share Topic