You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 55>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:42pm
I stayed in the Ibis budget the last time for the friendly, grand spot and only a few mins away
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

In the ibis on Churchill street or whatever it's called.

It's the one on Tyndall St Paulie.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Cheers. It says Churchill Way on the confirmation but sure that's probably on Tyndall Street. I won't worry about it now!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:21pm

Cheers. It says Churchill Way on the confirmation but sure that's probably on Tyndall Street. I won't worry about it now!
There's two Ibis, the budget is on Tyndall street
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

There's two Ibis, the budget is on Tyndall street

That explains that then.
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:55pm
Paulie, you are in the posh 60 euro/night place.
Churchill Way is a stones throw from Queen Street (the main shopping street) and a lot busier with pubs and restaurants, right next to you.
East Tyndel Street is a little out of the way, in a slightly more secluded / more industrial area.
Still, its just a 6 or 7 minutes walk to the nightlife/bars/restaurants of St Mary's etc.

There is actually a cheap Travellodge on St Mary's itself for 30 quid/night as well as another one on Queen Street for 40 quid
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Churchill Way is a stones throw from Queen Street (the main shopping street) and a lot busier with pubs and restaurants, right next to you.
East Tyndel Street is a little out of the way, in a slightly more secluded / more industrial area.
Still, its just a 6 or 7 minutes walk to the nightlife/bars/restaurants of St Mary's etc.

There is actually a cheap Travellodge on St Mary's itself for 30 quid/night as well as another one on Queen Street for 40 quid

Thanks. This will be my 6th time to Cardiff so I really should know my way around at this stage.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:04am

Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Thanks. This will be my 6th time to Cardiff so I really should know my way around at this stage.

But do you????

I know from the Ibis to O'Neills to the Live Lounge and back lol
I know nothing :-)
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:26am
Start the panic!  Tried reserving a hotel room in Cardiff for 9th of October next year on booking.com and you would not believe the number of hotels that are already fully booked up! Shocked
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:30am
Booked it a while back myself,looking to book a hotel in Dublin the night of the home game v Wales as i am taking the bird and we have an early flight,serious prices in the capital Ouch
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm
Any recommendations for a hotel in Cardiff ? Never been before and wouldn't know the lay of the land or what areas . Or more likely a hostel in a good area . Cheers
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Any recommendations for a hotel in Cardiff ? Never been before and wouldn't know the lay of the land or what areas . Or more likely a hostel in a good area . Cheers
anything within walking distance of St Mary's street and you'll be grand.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Start the panic!  Tried reserving a hotel room in Cardiff for 9th of October next year on booking.com and you would not believe the number of hotels that are already fully booked up! Shocked

Cheers for the warning, just booked a Premier Inn now, well outside city centre but €206 for 3 nights for a twin room
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Cheers for the warning, just booked a Premier Inn now, well outside city centre but €206 for 3 nights for a twin room

Booked that myself just there.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

anything within walking distance of St Mary's street and you'll be grand.

Sound
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:29pm
Any talk of them moving back to the Millennium Stadium due to demand?

{EDIT} Wrong thread

Edited by KING-CON - 12 Oct 2016 at 5:33pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

{EDIT} Wrong thread

I'll answer it anyway KC, someone can delete or move it later. Welsh FA confirmed their home games for 2016 are going to be played in Cardiff City stadium, they have not confirmed anything about 2017 yet. 

There are those of the view that they would move to the bigger one if demand is there & they are in contention for 1st/2nd, but also some think they won't move it as it would mean giving us more tickets & they might not want to do that. Not too many experts on the workings of the Welsh FA around here, so who knows. 

Personally, I always believe if yer looking to know what lads in suits might do, follow the money, ergo they will move it if demand exists. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

{EDIT} Wrong thread

I'll answer it anyway KC, someone can delete or move it later. Welsh FA confirmed their home games for 2016 are going to be played in Cardiff City stadium, they have not confirmed anything about 2017 yet. 

There are those of the view that they would move to the bigger one if demand is there & they are in contention for 1st/2nd, but also some think they won't move it as it would mean giving us more tickets & they might not want to do that. Not too many experts on the workings of the Welsh FA around here, so who knows. 

Personally, I always believe if yer looking to know what lads in suits might do, follow the money, ergo they will move it if demand exists. 

Salzburglily speaking to a couple of WFA people , pretty sure nailed on not to move.

could you imagine the uproar if they were in with a chance of a WC spot fo the first time in decades , moved it the Millenium and blew it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 55>
  Share Topic