You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Been a secret admirer of your forum since Christmas, but only officially registered today,
Just wanted to say how much i admired your vocal support at the two games i attended (v Sweden in Paris and v Belgium in Bordeaux). Alongside the Icelanders (who I really enjoyed seeing in Nice), your supporters are great.

I am a Welsh lad from Cardiff, btw.

Had the pleasure of meeting #oscardelta and his lad at the Belgium match.

Looking forward to our game in March and all the best v Serbia and Georgia this Autumn.

PS
If I can help with any logistics in Cardiff, give me a shout

The Welsh are a great bunch of lads and you women are .

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

johnno View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 10:12pm
I know it's a long way off but the vast majority of city centre hotels on booking sites seem to be booked out the weekend of the game. Is there something else on this weekend?
"you,ll never beat the irish"

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

I know it's a long way off but the vast majority of city centre hotels on booking sites seem to be booked out the weekend of the game. Is there something else on this weekend?

Booking.com only do 360ish days in advance so we are further away from that so sit tight and send what happens
rcronin2016 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcronin2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:25pm
Cork to Birmingham OR try direct from Dublin to Cardiff 
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

I know it's a long way off but the vast majority of city centre hotels on booking sites seem to be booked out the weekend of the game. Is there something else on this8 weekend?

Try Ibis.com

Edited by ACTHUNG BABY - 20 Sep 2016 at 11:37pm
larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:56am
Most hotel booking sites wont take bookings until one year from date ie. until Oct 6 2016. Hotels.com are an exception. They have Ibis Budget City Centre Hotel, near Stadium, Railway Station etc for €40 for double room. Cheap as chips for perfect location.
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by larraga larraga wrote:

Most hotel booking sites wont take bookings until one year from date ie. until Oct 6 2016. Hotels.com are an exception. They have Ibis Budget City Centre Hotel, near Stadium, Railway Station etc for €40 for double room. Cheap as chips for perfect location.

That is excellent information and a superb price!

Ibis Budget Cardiff city centre is a 6 or 7 minute walk from the pub/restaurant area of St Mary's Street and the Brewery Quarter and under 10 minutes walk to the main railway station. Its about 20 minute walk to the stadium.

Novotel Cardiff, is right next to the above - at €75/night.

The official HI Youth Hostel is also right next to these two, although it is fully booked on match day. Beds at 22 pounds available Sunday and Tuesday nights though. http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/cardiff-central

If you are flying into Cardiff airport, T9 - The Cardiff Airport Express Bus Service stops at the Customs House, which is about 5 mins away from the above hotels. costs 5 pounds or 7 euro. See http://www.trawscymru.info/t9/

Not sure about the RiverHouse (overlooking the Millennium Stadium) and only 10 minutes walk to Cardiff City stadium.

A very decent other option would be Ibis Cardiff Centre (the non Budget one, costing 60 euro) on Churchill Way, which is smack bang in Queen Street, and might FEEL more safe to walk around after dark. Especially if there are ladies among you. East Tyndl Street is a little secluded and has an industrial feel. Again, its only a 4 or 5 minute walk to St Davids 2 shopping centre and John Lewis, though

Edited by manulike - 21 Sep 2016 at 11:41am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:44am
Cheers for teh heads up there larraga.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:49am
That's a great price for the Ibis budget and it's a good location. You'll be at St.Mary's Street (where all the bars are) in less than 10 mins. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:10pm
Is that the one on Tyndall Street?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Is that the one on Tyndall Street?

Yes. Ibis Budget. Also triple rooms for €52 a night. Not luxury but perfect.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:58pm
Shortest route to Cardiff for me will take about 6-8 hours.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:03pm
Just a word of warning that hotels.com are a useless shower. I had runs in with them over hotels charging me despite free cancellation. Got nothing but incoherent and grammatically disabled staff when I contacted hotels.com. i'd swear they were using google translate to communicate with me.

eventually gave up on them and had to get my cc company to do a chargeback in order to get my money back.

They are owned by Expedia which would make you think they are market leaders but they are in fact atrocious.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/hotelsdotcom.html

Edited by colemanY2K - 21 Sep 2016 at 1:10pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:28pm
Handiest ,cheapest way of getting from Stanstead to Cardiff or Bristol ?
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Train from London Paddington would be your best bet i would've thought.  about a 2 and a half hour journey to Cardiff from Paddington.  one way ticket will probably cost about 40 quid

Edited by El_nino - 21 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

You can get a train from London Paddingon station straight to Cardiff for cheap.

Different ways you can get to Paddington from Stanstead - Tube, Coach, Taxi. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:38pm
Great stuff, have a twin room booked for the 8th and 9th for €150 total. Free cancellation and great location, cheers lads
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:43pm
Just checked it there,plus an hour from Stanstead to Paddington,looked a lot of routes, through from Munich and Vienna,even Ryanair ,Salzburg -Stanstead -Tenerife -Cardiff but the dates don't work,would prefer to avoid going into London if possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
  Share Topic