You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:20pm
Match is in October Lilly
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:31pm
I was looking at the routes awhile back and thought I'd do the ferry and then I seen the time from Holyhead to Cardiff . 4 hours on a ferry and 4.5 hrs on the train . Give or take a hour or two for getting to the ferry and its 10 hours . Feck that , U.K. Airport and train into Cardiff , remember it's a Tuesday night game . So if travelling on a Tuesday you will more than likely getting in 2 hours before KO . Get to the hotel bags dropped and heading for the ground shortly after that . So it could be a long aul day . Defo 2 days off work
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
It's a Monday game, but will still need 2 days off work.
The dark side.. And the light
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:11pm
Brother lives over there so that's accommodation sorted. Probably fly into somewhere in England if the flights are crazy and train it down with a bag a cans
Chips don't bounce
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I had it in the head it was a Tuesday game an aul late night ferry across the channel on Saturday night or early Sunday morning might not be to bad . I think it's €40 each way
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:27pm
Ryanair always have cheap flights available to Birmingham which be another option can get train from their to Cardiff with 1 change in Birmingham new street station. Train takes around 3 hours
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

KLM  fly  Munich to Cardiff or maybe i will go to Stanstead with Ryanair and look at options from there.

Is that direct?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:57am

If annual leave is a problem for Wales away next year then there is a way of going to it and only taking 1 day off and not 2.

Jump on a direct bus from Cardiff to Heathrow or London Victoria at 11:15pm or later after the match and grab the first flight out of London Tuesday morning. You should land in Dublin sometime around 8am.

Edited by colemanY2K - 13 Jul 2016 at 8:01am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

KLM  fly  Munich to Cardiff or maybe i will go to Stanstead with Ryanair and look at options from there.

Is that direct?

Just checked again,its not,change in Amsterdam.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:18am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Would it not be quicker to do the sail rail from Rosslare via Pembroke rather than via Holyhead from Dublin

Not if you are travelling from Dublin. The train to Rosslare is slow and the journey from Pembroke / Fishguard involves a heap of changes: it's much simpler via Holyhead.

I'm definitely going that way, anyway.

If you drive to Rosslare Harbour. Ferry dept 09:00. Arrive Cardiff 16:00.

Wales 0 Republic of Ireland 1.

Dept Cardiff 22:30. Arrive Rosslare 06:30.

Have to do all your drinking on train & ferry, but if you're on tight budget and you need take only one day off work
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:26pm
Shannon to London or Birmingham then train down to Cardiff plenty of time to book should work out cheap
DubCulture View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubCulture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If annual leave is a problem for Wales away next year then there is a way of going to it and only taking 1 day off and not 2.

Jump on a direct bus from Cardiff to Heathrow or London Victoria at 11:15pm or later after the match and grab the first flight out of London Tuesday morning. You should land in Dublin sometime around 8am.

And then go to work ? f**k that.
Call in sick
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by NorthDubWFTA NorthDubWFTA wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

And then go to work ? f**k that.
Call in sick

Note to self. Never employ NorthDubWFTA
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 1:10pm
A car and five people to Britain on the ferry is €500ish return, regardless of what route.
Rail & Sail (via Fishguard) is €41-47 each way.

Car might be just as handy.
City Till I Die
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 12:24pm
Eurolines bus going through Dublin or Rosslare to Cardiff 68e return.

manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:54pm
Been a secret admirer of your forum since Christmas, but only officially registered today,
Just wanted to say how much i admired your vocal support at the two games i attended (v Sweden in Paris and v Belgium in Bordeaux). Alongside the Icelanders (who I really enjoyed seeing in Nice), your supporters are great.

I am a Welsh lad from Cardiff, btw.

Had the pleasure of meeting #oscardelta and his lad at the Belgium match.

Looking forward to our game in March and all the best v Serbia and Georgia this Autumn.

PS
If I can help with any logistics in Cardiff, give me a shout

Edited by manulike - 28 Jul 2016 at 11:53pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:24pm
Cheers and welcome to the forum manulike.

Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

You're probably not too familiar with the aul Irish lingo but around these parts the above means something an awful lot different to what I'm guessing it was intended to mean. LOL

Edited by Devrozex - 29 Jul 2016 at 2:27pm
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Cheers and welcome to the forum manulike.

Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

You're probably not too familiar with the aul Irish lingo but around these parts the above means something an awful lot different to what I'm guessing it was intended to mean. LOL

Embarrassed

Welcome Manulike.............

I knew what he meant Smile and Manulike did sort me out with 2 Tickets to Belgium game.

Dev...................... you got a sick mind LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
  Share Topic