You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:35pm
Birmigham and Bristol flights available. 44 quids return to Birmingham I booked the other day
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:38pm
Lads had problems with I Phones getting callender to go that far ahead.Try deleting App and install again or use PC or labtop

Edited by Missy - 24 Oct 2016 at 12:41pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Birmigham and Bristol flights available. 44 quids return to Birmingham I booked the other day

Please don't say you are on the midday flight around 1pm
I know nothing :-)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Nope out the Sunday 06.25. i knew the flight you were on so avoided it like the plagueThumbs Up
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

If we are BOTH still in contention then yes there will be a huge issue for tickets.

However home end tickets for Wales games are not that difficult to source.  Belgium last year was no problem for Belgian fans appreciate they have qualified for a tournament since.  

Another difference from Glasgow is that there were a lot of buses that regularly go to Celtic Park particularly from north of the border that ran for that game.  I doubt there are any regular buses to Cardiff for games.   Of course you can still book the ferry run the bus, organise break points etc but the logistics become that it more difficult to figure out.  

As per usual we probably won't know our faith until the last game and it just so happens to be Wales . If we are taking 4-5k to Vienna you would imagine we will have the same demand or more for a crunch game that has easy access routes .

It's no different than most western Europe destinations.

For late bookers it will be flights to the likes of London and 3 hour transfers

The ferry to holyhead takes 90 mins and probably 4 / 5 hours by bus with stops etc.

And Cardiff has very little accommodation in comparison to Paris Amsterdam Lisbon etc

Edited by greenforever - 24 Oct 2016 at 12:48pm
I know nothing :-)
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:09pm
If you have yet to book Hotels try Air B&B or look at Bristol and travel up match day
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:22pm

Nope out the Sunday 06.25. i knew the flight you were on so avoided it like the plagueThumbs Up
Good thinking
de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:05pm

im on that flight i can buy ya more imaginary pints and phillyk will give ya a pre flight hug
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

They have large number of tournament ticket holders alot more than we have season ticket holders

I can see them not putting any tickets on general sale, trying to keep them out of our hands, I just hope we can do the same, but i doubt if we will sell out LR, and they will have no problem buying up tickets for here.

Anyone planning on going, needs to join a SC or FD now, IMO to have any chance of tickets, if we are in the running at this stage.

Tickets for Wales v Serbia next month sold out before they even made it to General sale, not a chance will this make it to general sale will be lucky to get tickets in the home end even with the membership imo
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:23pm
I am looking on the laptop and booking dates won't go beyond March. It was the same a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to book!

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:26pm
I see Bristol is up. I was looking for Cardiff flights.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I am looking on the laptop and booking dates won't go beyond March. It was the same a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to book!

Just got Dub - Birm up there no issues for October
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I see Bristol is up. I was looking for Cardiff flights.
Only Aer Lingus fly direct to cardiff, Ryanair is Bristol and Birmingham
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:31pm
Flybe fly direct not open yet Birmingham airport has Train Station which makes it a viable option. Also has a better service for flights home only one from Bristol and that is €108 at the moment
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:34pm
Cars can be hired for as little as 30STG at Birminham airport also if you check out travelsupermarket 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:39pm
If Wales home end tickets go on sale before the September games, they'll sell out. There will be four games to go at that stage, so there's no way they'll be out, bar the improbable possibility of them losing their next three games.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm
Bit of a nightmare trying to get to Birmingham airport from Cardiff. Most train journeys have two or three changes and then a bus to do the last leg. You'd nearly be as well off flying into Heathrow and a train from Paddington at that rate. Will wait and see what price Aer Fungus puts up.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:41pm

Cars can be hired for as little as 30STG at Birminham airport also if you check out trav
elsupermarket 

An option if you have a team total mate me I would be far to seedy to drive the Tuesday.

Edited by Missy - 24 Oct 2016 at 6:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
  Share Topic