You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Interesting read looking for 10% and getting 10% are two very different things.
Welcome as 10% would be, we all know 10% will not sort out us for Cardiff as Stadia will sell out to Welsh fans members and rightly so.
Unlike Glasgow Cardiff City holds 33000 Wales will easily sell the other 30000. There will be very few Irish in home end.

Well if Irish fans pay the £10 membership to FAW there is nothing stopping them from buying a ticket in the home end.

Fact is if the game is played in Cardiff city stadium there will most likely be Irish without tickets it's up to the fai to ensure those most deserving get a ticket from the 10% allocation
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

The £10 membership payment could well be worth a punt.Somehow I think that there could be 15000 ahead of newcomers in their points system as each member is entitled to 2 tickets. Still worth sticking £10 on it. Join today buy 1 for Serbia and Austria Tickets sell on eBay even at at a loss.Between 2 lads not a big outlay
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:39pm

Welcome as 10% would be, we all know 10% will not sort out us for Cardiff as Stadia will sell out to Welsh fans members and rightly so.
Unlike Glasgow Cardiff City holds 33000 Wales will easily sell the other 30000. There will be very few Irish in home end.

Well if Irish fans pay the £10 membership to FAW there is nothing stopping them from buying a ticket in the home end.

Fact is if the game is played in Cardiff city stadium there will most likely be Irish without tickets it's up to the fai to ensure those most deserving get a ticket from the 10% allocation
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

The £10 membership payment could well be worth a punt.Somehow I think that there could be 15000 ahead of newcomers in their points system as each member is entitled to 2 tickets. Still worth sticking £10 on it. Join today buy 1 for Serbia and Austria Tickets sell on eBay even at at a loss.Between 2 lads not a big outlay

!

Edited by ringerbell - 23 Oct 2016 at 10:23pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:53pm
Any idea how many members they have?

Anyone who has not been to a fair few aways could do worse than trying this.

Hard to judge, the fact that it is a Monday night, and no accommodation available may drastically reduce the numbers. Also there was a general feeling that tickets would be easy to come by for Glasgow, and everyone did get a ticket even if in the home end, the fact that people are already looking at a ticket problem will IMO stop a lot of people booking.

Glasgow was a Friday night and plenty of accommodation at reasonable prices.
I know nothing :-)
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Hard to judge, the fact that it is a Monday night, and no accommodation available may drastically reduce the numbers. Also there was a general feeling that tickets would be easy to come by for Glasgow, and everyone did get a ticket even if in the home end, the fact that people are already looking at a ticket problem will IMO stop a lot of people booking.

A Stadium 1/2 the size of Park head .... so less home end tickets . The only reason the majority got into the game in Glasgow was we bought home end tickets . Monday night will have no impact on numbers travelling to Wales as it's an easy destination with cheap routes . The amount of people I know that have booked it up already is crazy . Also we only have 1 away (easy) next year . I know we have Georgia but you can't do it cheap and quick and this will put a lot off and put more pressure for tickets for Wales .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

A Stadium 1/2 the size of Park head .... so less home end tickets . The only reason the majority got into the game in Glasgow was we bought home end tickets . Monday night will have no impact on numbers travelling to Wales as it's an easy destination with cheap routes . The amount of people I know that have booked it up already is crazy . Also we only have 1 away (easy) next year . I know we have Georgia but you can't do it cheap and quick and this will put a lot off and put more pressure for tickets for Wales .

I agree with you about it being relatively easy to get to, but there is a massive lack of hotel / hostel beds,  
And the prices are crazy

Anyone without a pretty good away record and a ST is not likely to get tickets IMO, given we will have less than we got fr Vienna.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:29pm
They have large number of tournament ticket holders alot more than we have season ticket holders

Edited by ringerbell - 23 Oct 2016 at 10:30pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

They have large number of tournament ticket holders alot more than we have season ticket holders

I can see them not putting any tickets on general sale, trying to keep them out of our hands, I just hope we can do the same, but i doubt if we will sell out LR, and they will have no problem buying up tickets for here.

Anyone planning on going, needs to join a SC or FD now, IMO to have any chance of tickets, if we are in the running at this stage.

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:55pm

I can see them not putting any tickets on general sale, trying to keep them out of our hands, I just hope we can do the same, but i doubt if we will sell out LR, and they will have no problem buying up tickets for here.

Anyone planning on going, needs to join a SC or FD now, IMO to have any chance of tickets, if we are in the running at this stage.

If I join up and don't get a ticket will you give me yours ?

Not a hope of getting a ticket off FD or a SC . 1st away game I'll have a Wales ticket !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

If I join up and don't get a ticket will you give me yours ?

Not a hope of getting a ticket off FD or a SC . 1st away game I'll have a Wales ticket !

Depends which club you join I suppose.

Our club will allocate tickets based on number of aways this campaign, so unlikely as we won't even apply for members if it's their only away of the campaign. 

Most clubs have systems in place for allocating tickets, to the best of my knowledge.

If it's your first away and you have a Wales ticket sorted already, congratulations ClapClap
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:23pm

Although it is very humbling to see the interest from you seasoned tournament goers, wanting to join our one-off, once is 58 years, lucky semi-finalists ...
Please note, we have 18,500 tournament ticket holders and 29,000 Gold Members already ;-)
Also, there were less than 500 tickets open to the general public for our Moldova match, and none at all for the Serbia match coming up.

That said, even if you do join our ranks, there is a queuing system whereby first stage priority (for one additional ticket) is given to 2x campaigns tournament ticket holders, then current campaign tournament ticket holders and only at stage 3 to Gold Members.  

PS - our Tournament Tickets are no longer on sale, as they already cover all 5 home qualifiers (cost between £80-£120) so they are not Season tickets, like your own...

Edited by manulike - 23 Oct 2016 at 11:33pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:26pm

FAW won't be to take off tickets off General sale.
They have their own eTicketing website but Cardiff City ticket office also sell tickets, so if you're living in the UK there's an alternative.

But they said half-tournament ticket sales which include matches against Austria and Ireland could come in, which will undoubtedly swell the numbers making it harder to get Home tickets

The Canton Stand where the diehard Cardiff City supporters go and the Ninian stand where the recently built upper tier is priced at only £30-£25 per game is absurdly cheap which is why they're bringing the bigger numbers

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 7:43am
They won't make general sale even if they can't qualify its an international derby they will sell their 30k without public sale. They know public same means loads of Irish
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:06am
If we are BOTH still in contention then yes there will be a huge issue for tickets.

However home end tickets for Wales games are not that difficult to source.  Belgium last year was no problem for Belgian fans appreciate they have qualified for a tournament since.  

Another difference from Glasgow is that there were a lot of buses that regularly go to Celtic Park particularly from north of the border that ran for that game.  I doubt there are any regular buses to Cardiff for games.   Of course you can still book the ferry run the bus, organise break points etc but the logistics become that it more difficult to figure out.  

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:18am
We have 2 seats left on a 16 seater going from Bristol Airport on Sunday 8th October collecting us off the 14.45 Ryan Air flight.
We are returning on the 10th to Bristol Airport @ 17.00 for the 21.10 Ryan Air flight to Dublin. €30 return if we get the 2 more required to fill the bus.

If we 23+ we can get at 29 for €25 return.
We can organise a bigger bus for return flight if needed as from looking at website this flight is more expensive therefore more popular.Price would depend on numbers
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:21am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

If we are BOTH still in contention then yes there will be a huge issue for tickets.

However home end tickets for Wales games are not that difficult to source.  Belgium last year was no problem for Belgian fans appreciate they have qualified for a tournament since.  

Another difference from Glasgow is that there were a lot of buses that regularly go to Celtic Park particularly from north of the border that ran for that game.  I doubt there are any regular buses to Cardiff for games.   Of course you can still book the ferry run the bus, organise break points etc but the logistics become that it more difficult to figure out.  

As per usual we probably won't know our faith until the last game and it just so happens to be Wales . If we are taking 4-5k to Vienna you would imagine we will have the same demand or more for a crunch game that has easy access routes .
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:21pm

We have 2 seats left on a 16 seater going from Bristol Airport on Sunday 8th October collecting us off the 14.45 Ryan Air flight.
We are returning on the 10th to Bristol Airport @ 17.00 for the 21.10 Ryan Air flight to Dublin. €30 return if we get the 2 more required to fill the bus.

We can organise a bigger bus for return flight if needed as from looking at website this flight is more expensive therefore more popular.Price would depend on numbers

How are youable to book Ryanair flights at this stage as they don't seem to be taking bookings for flights after March 2017.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ybigeejit View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybigeejit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

How are youable to book Ryanair flights at this stage as they don't seem to be taking bookings for flights after March 2017.

They are. Just had a look there
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Flights around the dates of the game being available on Ryanair website for last few weeks. Alot have already got them booked for the trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>
  Share Topic