You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:48am
A lot of unrest about the €50 price tag for the worst seats in the Aviva..

That would be the poor exchange rate at the moment..... yea stay away from the city centre and head down to the ground earlier
Come on Irelind
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Apologies for posting on the Away thread - but I couldn't find a home thread?

There will be 2,600 jolly Welshmen coming over next month - which for me, was a massive surprise.

Must be a lot to do with the blooding of the new kids that caught the imagination, as I genuinely did not expect more than 1500 to travel. A lot of unrest about the €50 price tag for the worst seats in the Aviva. But still, the tickets were shifted ;-)

Looking forward to it ;-)

Imagine how the poor Georgia fans felt having to pay €50 for game in Dublin when they charged us €2 in Tbilisi LOL don't worry though any Irish fan without a season ticket getting ripped off just as bad for this game
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

There will be 2,600 jolly Welshmen coming over next month - which for me, was a massive surprise.

Must be a lot to do with the blooding of the new kids that caught the imagination, as I genuinely did not expect more than 1500 to travel. A lot of unrest about the €50 price tag for the worst seats in the Aviva. But still, the tickets were shifted ;-)

Imagine how the poor Georgia fans felt having to pay €50 for game in Dublin when they charged us €2 in Tbilisi LOL don't worry though any Irish fan without a season ticket getting ripped off just as bad for this game

Did we really charge Georgians that much LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Did we really charge Georgians that much LOL

As far as I know we charge all away fans €50 something to do with charging same price as other areas of the stadium (so they be same price as the cat B tickets in South stand)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:50pm
Thought they would have changed it depending on the opposition and living wage you'd have to hope that Georgian FA subsidies some of that fee. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thought they would have changed it depending on the opposition and living wage you'd have to hope that Georgian FA subsidies some of that fee. 

Would imagine very few actually travelled over from Georgia for it. I could be wrong about the price but that's always been my understanding on how the away ticket pricing worked
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm
Any Georgian travelling over would have to be reasonably wealthy regardless. No good getting a cheaper match ticket if you can't afford the flight, Dublin hotel, Dublin restaurant prices etc. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:18am
Friday night in Cardiff should be an interesting night for it
Danger here, OH NO
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

I would say plenty will want tickets for that
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Cliftonville7Ireland Cliftonville7Ireland wrote:

Even though many of us are now sick of Cardiff?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I know that i’ve been to one of them but like it’s the only weekend away and the closest
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:07am

I know that i’ve been to one of them but like it’s the only weekend away and the closest
I see what you mean with the other away games being played on Thursday & Tuesday nights which will eat into a lot of peoples' annual leave.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:48am

I see what you mean with the other away games being played on Thursday & Tuesday nights which will eat into a lot of peoples' annual leave.
I wish bulgaria was during the weekend and wales during the week but i do like the idea of some weekend home games
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 2:33pm
Exactly. Having a couple of weekend home games should really boost the attendances for those two.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Exactly. Having a couple of weekend home games should really boost the attendances for those two.
Yeh and they are the two “big games” as well bulgaria could be very poor attendance. Hopefully they have some cheap ticket initiative and don’t just give tickets away last minute when others have payed
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
May try and do this without flying, anyone with experience know which route is easier/more enjoyable between going Dublin - Holyhead and going to Cardiff from there or making my way down to Rosslare for the Pembroke sail?

Is there even any difference in the emissions between all of the ferries/trains and the quick flight?
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

May try and do this without flying, anyone with experience know which route is easier/more enjoyable between going Dublin - Holyhead and going to Cardiff from there or making my way down to Rosslare for the Pembroke sail?

Is there even any difference in the emissions between all of the ferries/trains and the quick flight?

I haven't myself but I know Norty Wales isn't very well connected to the south and can take a few hours to drive, so would be quicker to go to Fishguard from Rosslare. Only 90 mins from Dublin too
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

I haven't myself but I know Norty Wales isn't very well connected to the south and can take a few hours to drive, so would be quicker to go to Fishguard from Rosslare. Only 90 mins from Dublin too

Yep Holyhead to Cardiff is a nightmare. I did it for the WC group match, had to change trains twice, both times in England. Took about 3:30 hours, never again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
  Share Topic