You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 52>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Green Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 12:59pm
I've two spare together - £25 each. Two of my family dropped out last minute. Block 122. I'm in London this week and will be in Cardiff from around 4pm on Thursday. Give me an PM if interested....

Edited by Green Hornet - 04 Sep 2018 at 10:03am
Sponsored Links

Pearse1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 9:13am
spare ticket for this I'm based in Belfast. Got a last minute hospital appointment so have to give it a miss. £25

Edited by Pearse1879 - 04 Sep 2018 at 9:13am
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 9:40am
I am in Belfast myself, so if there is anyone who needs the ticket above and will be in Cardiff (but can't get to Belfast short notice), I can probably grab it for you
Ted Murphy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Green Hornet Green Hornet wrote:

I've two spare together - £25 each. Two of my family dropped out last minute. Block 122. I'm in London this week and will be in Cardiff from around 4pm on Thursday. Give me an PM if interested....
We would like to take those two tickets if possible we will be in Cardiff on Thursday afternoon, we will be in Corner house pub city centre from 4.30pm
Bru View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:42pm
James McClean is now also ruled out of the game with Injury. Censored
Packing my boots for trip to Cardiff, at this rate I might just get my first cap... 
Gallen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:03pm
2 mates of mine pulled out of the trip. I have 2 tickets (seated together) if anyone is interested, face value.
Green Hornet View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 8:26pm
Ted. Sorted. Will PM you with the info. 

Edited by Green Hornet - 04 Sep 2018 at 8:27pm
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 4:24pm
Team

Edited by aidz - 06 Sep 2018 at 7:00pm
You'll never beat the Irish
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:09pm
How did this rank as an away trip for people?
I had a good time myself but it was like going out at home. Wasn't much build up for the match and sure the result didn't help. 
Was good but would still rank it as the lowest from our 3 recent trips to Cardiff. 
Wednesday in kiwis seemed to be good craic from what I can remember. Tried the live lounge around 11 or 12 and the queue was crazy, no getting in so back to kiwis. 
Walkabout after the match had a mix of Irish, Welsh and students and 4 jaggers for a tenner. 
As a country I hope we don't gloat when we win. Few dickheads out at the stadium and pubs shouting 4-1 in your face. Terrible attitude. 
The dark side.. And the light
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:20pm
Thought it was all right, mainly stuck to the prince of Wales the day before the game and then heading to kiwis, the morning of the game headed out to Cardiff bay, had a bite to eat a a couple of beers before heading back to the prince of Wales. Look it was low key compared to last year but it was grand, some great deals on drink and food to be had, In walkabout a burger served with chips and a pInt was a £5. Plus Coors light in Weatherspoons was very cheap also. My 4th time to Cardiff for games now would rather we avoided them for a while now. Found the welsh to be ok, you get a few dicks everywhere you go.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:29pm
Found some of the Welch to d*cks, but the majority of then were sound. Guess a lot stems from us beating them last year. The two nights out were good, but don't want see Cardiff for a long time.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:35pm
How many showed up less than 1000 probably? Which for the majority of the away trips would succeed numbers travelling. I don't think some of these lads that's say would only be willing to travel as far as Cardiff Glasgow etc realise that the trips to the likes of say less lucrative or harder to get to destinations always end up being far better trips for a number of reasons in my view. For me it felt like being at home with a different currency but it was always going to be like that. Give me an Azerbaijan type country than say Wales all the time Clap
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

How many showed up less than 1000 probably? Which for the majority of the away trips would succeed numbers travelling. I don't think some of these lads that's say would only be willing to travel as far as Cardiff Glasgow etc realise that the trips to the likes of say less lucrative or harder to get to destinations always end up being far better trips for a number of reasons in my view. For me it felt like being at home with a different currency but it was always going to be like that. Give me an Azerbaijan type country than say Wales all the time Clap

I would say it was over 1000 that turned up. I’d have to agree tho hope we get a few decent away trips in the next qualifiers anyway compared to Glasgow, Cardiff, Paris. Cardiff to be fair was more enjoyable this time around apart from the result. The bars stayed open later this time and certainly not as many eejits around. Georgia was one of my favourite away trips so far.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I would say it was over 1000 that turned up. I’d have to agree tho hope we get a few decent away trips in the next qualifiers anyway compared to Glasgow, Cardiff, Paris. Cardiff to be fair was more enjoyable this time around apart from the result. The bars stayed open later this time and certainly not as many eejits around. Georgia was one of my favourite away trips so far.

Totally agree. Cardiff was a lot more enjoyable and manageable this time. No eejits with boomboxes and kicking footballs around the place. Totally agree re Tblisi too, was my def my favourite trip to date. Relegation to group C may come with the advantage of getting to travel to lesser seen cities and countries!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Totally agree. Cardiff was a lot more enjoyable and manageable this time. No eejits with boomboxes and kicking footballs around the place. Totally agree re Tblisi too, was my def my favourite trip to date. Relegation to group C may come with the advantage of getting to travel to lesser seen cities and countries!
Ah now to be fair I know them lads that take the speaker and they are sound out. It’s not them climbing on stuff and acting the eejit. Kicking the football around is one of the worse because you end up just looking where it is going incase you might get hit! Poland and Aarhus should be good trips
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 4:27pm

Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Ah now to be fair I know them lads that take the speaker and they are sound out. It’s not them climbing on stuff and acting the eejit. Kicking the football around is one of the worse because you end up just looking where it is going incase you might get hit! Poland and Aarhus should be good trips

The lads may be fine, but that f**king boombox does me head in. Looking forward to tomorrow and the next few days. Wroclaw is a nice place...Aarhus will be good too. Less people is always good!
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:31pm
Apologies for posting on the Away thread - but I couldn't find a home thread?

There will be 2,600 jolly Welshmen coming over next month - which for me, was a massive surprise.

Must be a lot to do with the blooding of the new kids that caught the imagination, as I genuinely did not expect more than 1500 to travel. A lot of unrest about the €50 price tag for the worst seats in the Aviva. But still, the tickets were shifted ;-)

Looking forward to it ;-)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Apologies for posting on the Away thread - but I couldn't find a home thread?

There will be 2,600 jolly Welshmen coming over next month - which for me, was a massive surprise.

Must be a lot to do with the blooding of the new kids that caught the imagination, as I genuinely did not expect more than 1500 to travel. A lot of unrest about the €50 price tag for the worst seats in the Aviva. But still, the tickets were shifted ;-)

Looking forward to it ;-)
Most have probably been in Dublin center before,  but best off avoiding the robbing kip that is Temple bar, on match day there is plenty of options for pints all around the stadium that are reasonably priced, always look forward to ye sheep shaggers coming over and scooping with yas Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 52>
  Share Topic