You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:53pm
Ah but if they are in contention, and they think they can sell 67,000 tickets to Welsh fans, why wouldn't they move it to the Millennium?

7,500 tickets would sort us out in a way that 3,000 wouldn't.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:00pm
They couldn't even sell out the Cardiff City Stadium when they were top of their group, why would it change now LOL

They sold out Belgium cos why wouldn't you but then it took them until automatic qualification against Andorra to sell out again. 
When they were top of the group against Israel they did not sell out.

Welsh support is generally dire and only turn up when things are going well. In the World Cup '14 campaign they couldn't even get 5 figure attendances ffs. 

Edited by coyne - 20 Jul 2016 at 6:01pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah but if they are in contention, and they think they can sell 67,000 tickets to Welsh fans, why wouldn't they move it to the Millennium?

7,500 tickets would sort us out in a way that 3,000 wouldn't.

Well they were playing Israel last September and victory would guarantee there qualification and they didn't move the game, so why do you think they would do it for us?
Soccer is not the No 1 sport in Wales, they will not move the game, because they wont sell 67,000 tickets or anywhere near that to their own fans,
I know nothing :-)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:06pm
I don't think they necessarily will and I don't think they would move it just for us: but the final game in a group, with a team who just made the semis of the Euros, might well be a big enough game.

It won't be clear closer to the time, anyway. The likelihood of both us being in contention for the top two at that stage is slim enough, I reckon. Either Austria or Serbia will most likely be above one of us come then.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:32pm

I don't think they necessarily will and I don't think they would move it just for us: but the final game in a group, with a team who just made the semis of the Euros, might well be a big enough game.

It won't be clear closer to the time, anyway. The likelihood of both us being in contention for the top two at that stage is slim enough, I reckon. Either Austria or Serbia will most likely be above one of us come then.

Back to the original question, do you think a lad has a chance of getting 20 tickets for this game?

Im not a gambler but my money would be on him not getting tickets......
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Back to the original question, do you think a lad has a chance of getting 20 tickets for this game?

Has anybody asked him if he is on good terms with John Delaney or not ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Has anybody asked him if he is on good terms with John Delaney or not ?

if he was would he be on here asking about tickets Wink
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:21pm
FAW have just confirmed their venues for the campaign.

All matches will be played at Cardiff City Stadium. However the venues against Republic of Ireland and Austria are yet to be confirmed 

Worth nothing they're selling their season tickets for £120 as the top price. £80 in the CCS Canton Stand where the Cardiff City supporters like to go. If they choose to stay at the CCS there will be an almighty scrap for tickets.
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:24pm

if he was would he be on here asking about tickets Wink

LOL so true

Did FAI ever tell anybody what happened to all the backpocket tickets ?

TD's register of members interests will be "interesting" next year, course some Journo with time on hands might like to write to them all including MEPs.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 10:58pm

anyone assuming that the FAW will move the game just ro suit a few thousand paddys is mistaken

With Welsh football on a high now surely they would be cashing in by moving to the Millenium for their games this year?

why wait till next October and possibly give us an advantage by having thousands more in the stadium?

maybe they will move all their games but I doubt it

Welsh FA hedging here, it looks very much like they are adopting a 'wait & see' approach to moving the Austria & Ireland games to the Principality stadium in 2017. 

They play Moldova, Georgia & Serbia at home this year, with all respect to them, even allowing for increased Welsh ticket demand, none of them exactly huge crowd pullers. 

To ask another question to the above, they have the opportunity right now to declare they will be playing us (& Austria) in Cardiff City stadium right now, but they didn't confirm it, that would suggest the thought of moving these 2 fixtures to the bigger stadium is very much on the table. 

And they will likely be in contention too, or at least, won't be out of contention by Sept 2017 when next years rounds of fixtures kick off. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

anyone assuming that the FAW will move the game just ro suit a few thousand paddys is mistaken

With Welsh football on a high now surely they would be cashing in by moving to the Millenium for their games this year?

why wait till next October and possibly give us an advantage by having thousands more in the stadium?

Welsh FA hedging here, it looks very much like they are adopting a 'wait & see' approach to moving the Austria & Ireland games to the Principality stadium in 2017. 

They play Moldova, Georgia & Serbia at home this year, with all respect to them, even allowing for increased Welsh ticket demand, none of them exactly huge crowd pullers. 

To ask another question to the above, they have the opportunity right now to declare they will be playing us (& Austria) in Cardiff City stadium right now, but they didn't confirm it, that would suggest the thought of moving these 2 fixtures to the bigger stadium is very much on the table. 

And they will likely be in contention too, or at least, won't be out of contention by Sept 2017 when next years rounds of fixtures kick off. 

Is it not possible they may play in Swansea either?

The prudent view would surely be that the game will be played in the smaller stadium and we will get the bare minimum number of tickets.

Anyone looking at just one away this campaign really would be advised to pick one of the other aways.

Then if we do get an increased allocation it is a bonus.

OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 11:39pm

The prudent view would surely be that the game will be played in the smaller stadium and we will get the bare minimum number of tickets.

Anyone looking at just one away this campaign really would be advised to pick one of the other aways.

Swansea is 20,000 seater.

Wales struggled with Millenium (Now Principality) because reality was their results were awful and people didn't want to pay to watch them.

Of the 3 games now 1 is on same day as Wales home rugby game, 1 is couple of days after monster truck fest at Principality Stadium and only game where Stadium really clear is when home to Georgia.

So despite the hype its understandable why at CCFC ground.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:36am

The 'follow the money' view says this game (and Austria) will be in the Principality stadium providing Wales are in contention for spot 1 or 2, which at the very least, mathematically, they should be in early 2017. 

The Welsh FA could have easily conformed all games for Cardiff City when they released that statement, they didn't, and to me, that tells its own story. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:48am

You're right but on the other hand I'm struggling to convince myself that it's worth the spend to go to every game in this or any campaign when I know there'll be so many one gamers ahead of me in the queue for Wales and I've no way to follow what points I have or where I am in the queue. Why should anyone go to every game in a campaign if they can't be sure of a ticket to the last unless they kiss ass and when they're guaranteed to be overtaken by one gamers? The more I think about it the more I want to cancel my flights and my season ticket...but I'll probably finish the course and then decide to never do it again. It's pure f#cking ridiculous. (vino veritas)

Edited by Hickster74 - 23 Jul 2016 at 6:32am
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
gwernybwch View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwernybwch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 4:49pm

The 'follow the money' view says this game (and Austria) will be in the Principality stadium providing Wales are in contention for spot 1 or 2, which at the very least, mathematically, they should be in early 2017. 

The Welsh FA could have easily conformed all games for Cardiff City when they released that statement, they didn't, and to me, that tells its own story. 

Welsh fan in peace.

The decision as to whether Wales plays at the Principality isn't just about money.
The Manager, coaching staff and some players (including Aaron Ramsey) have all said that they prefer playing at the CCS. Essentially it is a football stadium and it creates a football stadium atmosphere which many attribute as being one of the reasons for our recent increase in fortunes. The playing surface is way better at the CCS. The vast majority of the 'hard core' fans want to remain at the CCS. The FAW's coffers are full following Euro 2016, so there isn't a financial necessity to play at the Principality.
Personally, I think that if we are still in it / need to get something out of the game and it is deemed that there is the slightest advantage of us playing at the CCS, the Ireland game will be at the CCS.

The FAW have to play at least one football match as the Principality before the Champions League Final in June 2017, after that game I think that we will have a better understanding of what the FAW are thinking.

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 11:17am
hopefully we are still in the hunt by this stage 

those of us who do the 3 aways this year and georgia should be top of the pile for tickets? no?
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 11:40am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

those of us who do the 3 aways this year and georgia should be top of the pile for tickets? no?

We should have been top of the pile for Glasgow as well so who knows...
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Do you have a season ticket? If not, forget it.

I'll have, in theory, a perfect points record come this game, but I'm still going to attempt to buy a home ticket. I've no faith that tickets will be distributed fairly.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
  Share Topic