You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 49>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

I've never seen a crazier group of taxis drivers, I actually became used to the sound of the screeching of the drivers' tires around the city as they jammed on their breaks Got in one with no window, two with a cracked windscreen, none had a clue where they were going

Every single taxi over there

Image result for put it in h

PUT IT IN H
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Anyone ever had to claim for flight compensation or know much about the procedure? My connecting flight from Riga was cancelled this morning and had no other way to get back to Dublin bar booking completely new flights with Ryanair. Cost 400 quid and delayed me an extra 6 or 7 hours. It was one of the AirBaltic flights from Tbilisi

You came in on Air Baltic late, but who was the connecting flight with?
If it was Air Baltic or one of gtheir partner airlines, and all was booked on 1 ticket, then you have a claim.

If it was 2 seperate airlines/tickets then unfortunately you haven't got a leg to stand on unfortunately. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Anyone ever had to claim for flight compensation or know much about the procedure? My connecting flight from Riga was cancelled this morning and had no other way to get back to Dublin bar booking completely new flights with Ryanair. Cost 400 quid and delayed me an extra 6 or 7 hours. It was one of the AirBaltic flights from Tbilisi

If it was Air Baltic or one of gtheir partner airlines, and all was booked on 1 ticket, then you have a claim.

If it was 2 seperate airlines/tickets then unfortunately you haven't got a leg to stand on unfortunately. 

Yeah Steve it was all the one booking with Air Baltic. Around a 50 minute transfer in Riga and then onto Warsaw
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:21pm
Great trip, bar the actual football. Mad taxi drivers. We got a taxi Friday night cos we were polluted, the lad drove us around for half and hour and just dropped us back where he picked us up, as he couldn't find the hotel. 10 lari was all he got. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Yeah Steve it was all the one booking with Air Baltic. Around a 50 minute transfer in Riga and then onto Warsaw

Try Delayedflights.com there pretty good
o_faz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_faz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:00pm
One of my favourite away trips despite the shocking performance. The game is the reason we are there but the whole trip for me is about so much more than that.

I found Tbilisi to be a beautiful city. I had the pleasure of spending a few hours at a bar overlooking the ruins at the top of the hill and I couldnt help but be impressed with the architecture and the city overall.

The taxi drivers are indeed mentalists and it is not hard to see why most of the cars have their bumpers and fan belts hanging off LOL

Great to see many faces new and old and a special mention to the lads with whom I shared the vodka on the Warsaw flight on Wednesday night/Thursday Morning. TAKE US TO TBILISI indeed !

See you all in Wales!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:01pm

If it was their fault - ie not weather or air traffic control issues  etc they are obliged to compensate you under EU law. Latvia part of EU AFAIK 250 euro over 3 hours rising if over 5 hours I thnk

Air Baltic will know all about it and know they will have to pay claim through them quoting the elevent EU regulation https://www.airbaltic.com/en/submit-a-claim

am up 750 euro this year alone on compensation  on cancelled flights and delays

Edited by Newryrep - 04 Sep 2017 at 9:22pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:07pm
No issue with the taxi driver per se, only the fact that they've never seen their own city on a map, some wouldn't bring me 1 mile up a straight road!

Never paid more than 10 lari.

Constantly being ripped off\short changed in the bars though.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No issue with the taxi driver per se, only the fact that they've never seen their own city on a map, some wouldn't bring me 1 mile up a straight road!

Got a taxi from MacLaren's to the stadium for the match and the driver charged me 10 lari, then did the same thing the next day as we went to the club shop and your man charged us 100 lari, just threw a 20 at him to shut him up and got out
Cathal Bourke
Mr Stupid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:12pm

Here you go Pal

Keep your receipts, details etc. May take a couple of months but follow it up.
Stupid like a fox
AVFCAnne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

We didn't really have any driving like wingnuts either this time round but can't wait for sat navs to hit Tbilisi.

As far as I know, we weren't ripped off in the bars either. Service was either first class or dead slow and stop, we found. No happy medium at all.

Great spot. Definitely considering an extended family holiday in that part of the world after we win the World Cup next year...
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:30pm
Sound lads, gonna have a look into it during the week. It tooo them just the 12 hours to send a text saying it was cancelled too
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

My Best trip yet I can easily confirm but obviously the football put a big drain on things, Tbilisi is a beautiful city and cheap as chips. Apart from the hanger bar staff trying to pull a fast one with not bringing back your change it was grand for the Hurling on Sunday. Oh and a few Mayo people getting a wee bit oversensitive over a few dubs chants coming back at them in the Hanger on Friday night relax lads LOL North Men South Men Comrades All. 

I agree IrelandFan. Great trip, great craic. Night night.

Night Night Heart
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:01pm
Never see the issue with taxi drivers, jump in the passenger seat, ask if they're crazy driver's then proceed to tell them to go faster, makes the journey more entertaining.

Still not a patch on Lviv taxi men
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:01pm
Turns out all those political posters we saw, and the ones on the big building between Hangar and MacLarens are actually of Kaladze the former Milan defender.....i just figured it was a common name in Georgia but no, hes trying his hand at politics!
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:08pm
http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/2017/09/midnight-plane-to-georgia.html

Blog on trip and game for those of you that enjoy them......
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Turns out all those political posters we saw, and the ones on the big building between Hangar and MacLarens are actually of Kaladze the former Milan defender.....i just figured it was a common name in Georgia but no, hes trying his hand at politics!

He's the prime minister !!!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
ybigeejit View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybigeejit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:13pm

Sound lads, gonna have a look into it during the week. It tooo them just the 12 hours to send a text saying it was cancelled too

Go direct to the airline when submitting your claim rather than using one of the companies that will claim it for you. 

We had a cancelled flight on way to Vienna. I claimed via the airline and got the money back fairly quick. My mate went through some agency and is still waiting for them to pay up.

I had visions of a similar scenario with Air Baltic on way out to Tbilisi as our flight from Amsterdam was almost an hour late leaving but they held all the connecting flights in Riga rather than risk having to pay out compensation to at least half the people on the flight who were transferring in Riga to various destinations. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 49>
  Share Topic