You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474849
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’ve never wanted to be anywhere as much as Tbilisi today. Enjoy it, ye ****s.

Same here. Proper gutted I’m not there. Do you ever head to the away matches PM? Some craic on them. 
Sponsored Links

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Hangar

Walked past. The place is jammed.
Looks like a decent crowd in Tbilisi 

True to your username, I like that Tongue
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:47am
Anyone still in Tbilisi?
A taxi driver has my specs there and I've already left for Geneva.
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:14am
Anyone still in Tbilisi?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:02pm
Hope everyone Had a good time. Never saw so many people nursing injuries on an away trip. Paths were lethal. Great city. Hope the lad that got knocked down is ok
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Hope everyone Had a good time. Never saw so many people nursing injuries on an away trip. Paths were lethal. Great city. Hope the lad that got knocked down is ok
He was in the bar in the airport last night. He's Blessed
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Anyone still in Tbilisi?

I know a fella that's still there  Pm me and I will see if I can get in touch with him
Let Christy Take It.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 5:59pm
Antrim Man perhaps still there
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 12:46am
Eh Georgia now. Just as well we didn't draw them this year. ffs. have a read.
 Police in the former Soviet state of Georgia have used water cannon and teargas in an attempt to disperse thousands of people who rallied on Tuesday night after parliament gave its initial backing to a draft law on “foreign agents” which critics say represents an authoritarian shift.

Some protesters threw petrol bombs and stones at police in the centre of the capital Tbilisi, as demonstrators warned that the draft law could hurt the south Caucasus country’s hopes of EU membership.

The law, backed by the ruling Dream party, would require any organisations receiving more than 20% of their funding from overseas to register as “foreign agents”, or face substantial fines.

Critics have said it is reminiscent of a 2012 law in Russia that has since been used to crack down on dissent.

Georgia’s president, Salome Zourabichvili, has said she intends to veto the law if it crosses her desk but the parliament could override her veto. She expressed solidarity with the protesters on Tuesday.

“You represent a free Georgia, a Georgia which sees its future in the west, and won’t let anyone to take this future away,” she said in an address recorded in the US, where she is on an official visit.

“Nobody needs this law … everyone who has voted for this law has violated the constitution,” she said.

Protesters angrily remonstrated with police armed with riot shields who then used teargas and water cannon. At least three petrol bombs, as well as stones, were thrown at police.

People suffering from the effects of teargas were being treated on the steps outside the parliament building.

“I came here because I know that my country belongs to Europe, but my government doesn’t understand it”, said 30-year-old protester Demetre Shanshiashvili.

“We are here to protect our country because we don’t want to be part of Russia again,” he added, referring to the almost two centuries Georgia spent as part of the Russian Empire and Soviet Union.

Earlier, the law had comfortably passed its first parliamentary reading, Georgian media outlets reported.

Some of the protesters gathered outside the parliament building carried Georgian, EU and US flags, and shouted: “No to the Russian law,” and “You are Russian” at politicians inside the legislature.

Russia is viewed as an enemy by many Georgians, after Moscow backed separatists in the breakaway Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia in the 1990s. Hundreds of thousands of Georgians remain internally displaced within the country after several bouts of bloody ethnic conflict.Dead

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474849
  Share Topic