You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 46474849>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Doesn’t go far enough in my opinion. Points should also be docked from your account for being a chancer

In theory yes, but then there will be genuine cases of people who couldn't go for real reasons.  The bit just becomes and excuse fest that would be impossible to sort.

I appreciate there are always a few genuine cases but the vast majority of no-shows never intended travelling.  We've had 50% no-shows for games in Georgia, Moldova & Serbia recently.  The number of tickets sold for Antalya, Cardiff, Wroclaw & Aarhus was pretty much in line with those the numbers in the stadium.  Harvesting seems to be common when we look like we might qualify for something.  

I know of genuine cases of people missing flights and other reasons 

I know I'm tempting fate here as I have 3 separate flights from Dublin to Tbilisi tomorrow/Friday.   

i have had to drop out of this one and accept the penalty being levied, i am citing work reasons as a colleagues parent has passed away and i need to do presentations to those on high, lost £300 on flights but ok on hotel  but i agree with the points above, why didnt they do this for belgrade moldova and tbilisi first time around, it is a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted

just give us 3 points now 

You can contact them to tell them you're not going and you won't be penalised. And you'll get your €2 back!

no interest in that but i have let them know

Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:43pm
And the ticket collection should be per person not per collection. You have five tickets to collect? Grand, where are the five people? It runs a coach and four through the whole thing if one person can collect tickets on behalf of everyone on their booking. 

Edit: of course they can collect them, but no points for the fellow travellers unless they show up too, or at least their passports. 

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Oct 2019 at 6:43pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:19am
Sorry if already asked but is the Hanger Bar or any other showing the under 21s game? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:33am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

And the ticket collection should be per person not per collection. You have five tickets to collect? Grand, where are the five people? It runs a coach and four through the whole thing if one person can collect tickets on behalf of everyone on their booking. 

Edit: of course they can collect them, but no points for the fellow travellers unless they show up too, or at least their passports. 

I'll be leaving my passport with the 3 others when they go up, has a border crossing stamp so should be enough
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:31am
MacLarens looked a late one last night Beer
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Doesn’t go far enough in my opinion. Points should also be docked from your account for being a chancer

In theory yes, but then there will be genuine cases of people who couldn't go for real reasons.  The bit just becomes and excuse fest that would be impossible to sort.

I appreciate there are always a few genuine cases but the vast majority of no-shows never intended travelling.  We've had 50% no-shows for games in Georgia, Moldova & Serbia recently.  The number of tickets sold for Antalya, Cardiff, Wroclaw & Aarhus was pretty much in line with those the numbers in the stadium.  Harvesting seems to be common when we look like we might qualify for something.  

I know of genuine cases of people missing flights and other reasons 

I know I'm tempting fate here as I have 3 separate flights from Dublin to Tbilisi tomorrow/Friday.   

i have had to drop out of this one and accept the penalty being levied, i am citing work reasons as a colleagues parent has passed away and i need to do presentations to those on high, lost £300 on flights but ok on hotel  but i agree with the points above, why didnt they do this for belgrade moldova and tbilisi first time around, it is a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted

just give us 3 points now 

We have to start somewhere. The option wasn't available in Belgrade, moldova and tbilisi last time around. It is now and it's encouraging that's the case. It's an example of supporter's voices being listened to. Small step and still a long way to go but a start nonetheless. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:04pm
Bolt a very handy app for taxis 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 2:13pm
The Continuity FAI alive and well. 

Mr. Joseph McGlue part of the welcoming party this morning in Tbilisi arrivals hall

Edited by Pipkin - 10 Oct 2019 at 2:14pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Sorry if already asked but is the Hanger Bar or any other showing the under 21s game? 
yes
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

yes but what a sh*thole. sh*te staff and 50% dearer for pints that were muck
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

yes but what a sh*thole. sh*te staff and 50% dearer for pints that were muck

F**k that
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:45pm
Commentator in U21s game giving the lads in the hangar bar a shout out
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 11:32am
Best place to watch the England match today ? Hanger or McLarens 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 11:50am
Hangar
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Hangar

Walked past. The place is jammed.
Looks like a decent crowd in Tbilisi 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:21am
Someone take that mic off Pipkin LOL
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:53am
it was a long night I’d say
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:49am
I’ve never wanted to be anywhere as much as Tbilisi today. Enjoy it, ye ****s.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 46474849>
  Share Topic