You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 49>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Don't forget that going over the border into Armenia might be a cheaper option to buy cans. 
Don't be surprised if they do, I was sat in a bar in Tbilisi last time round and there was an Irish lad filling his pint glass with a can under the table. Ffs the price of a pint was about a euro. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Don't forget that going over the border into Armenia might be a cheaper option to buy cans. 
Don't be surprised if they do, I was sat in a bar in Tbilisi last time round and there was an Irish lad filling his pint glass with a can under the table. Ffs the price of a pint was about a euro. 

To be fair, we were at the also. Mainly down to the fact that the bar had no glasses to serve us beer in. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:56pm

Will pay €500 for a flight to follow the lads, but wont pay a euro for a beer. God bless our fans.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

To be fair, we were at the also. Mainly down to the fact that the bar had no glasses to serve us beer in. 

Sure if you'd a glass to pour beer into you'd a glass they could pour beer intoLOL 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 1:03am

You sure he wasn't pissing into the glass due to confusion over where the jacks was? 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Will pay €500 for a flight to follow the lads, but wont pay a euro for a beer. God bless our fans.

Following the lads around Europe can't be done any cheaper, but drinking alcohol can be done a lot cheaper! Wink Can't blame them. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Sure if you'd a glass to pour beer into you'd a glass they could pour beer intoLOL 
If you're brought up on Dutchie, it's hard to change..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

I know Georgia has a closed currency but where is the best place to get it? Airport or just withdraw with the revolut from ATMs?
The airport atm threw out some big enough notes like 100, 200s which the Georgians hated. I got some out at the airport in Kutaisi for bus and that but used the atm which was about 100 metres from McLarens so handy enough. Not sure if Revolut will work in Georgia. Didn’t see it on the list of places you can use it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
Loads of foreign exchange kiosks over there, you wont be stuck. Just take euro and exchange in these places, much better rate than ATMs

The revolut rate is currently €1 - GEL 3.24.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Loads of foreign exchange kiosks over there, you wont be stuck. Just take euro and exchange in these places, much better rate than ATMs

Can you use revolut over there ? Was planning to just use the card all the time and maybe take out a small bit of cash on it too.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Can you use revolut over there ? Was planning to just use the card all the time and maybe take out a small bit of cash on it too.
yeah, its a MasterCard so works the same as any other debit card....once the pub accepts cards of course
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

yeah, its a MasterCard so works the same as any other debit card....once the pub accepts cards of course

Not all are mastercard though. Mine is visa
Revolut is MasterCard so works like any other debit card be that Visa or MasterCard 
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

The airport atm threw out some big enough notes like 100, 200s which the Georgians hated. I got some out at the airport in Kutaisi for bus and that but used the atm which was about 100 metres from McLarens so handy enough. Not sure if Revolut will work in Georgia. Didn’t see it on the list of places you can use it.
They do hate large denominations, even though they will have change for them.  Don't understand it.
For handiness, I'd just get your cash out, then go to the shop in the airport and buy a bottle of water or something.  That'll do for change for the bus into town.

Revolut does (mostly) work in Georgia, but there's plenty of places that don't take card, so cash is always good to have.

Edited by brendy_éire - 27 Aug 2019 at 1:19pm
City Till I Die
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:33pm
Ireland v Italy U-21's is on Thursday 10 October 10pm Tbilisi time. Anyone know if the Irish pub over there has Sky? Or is there a British pub with Sky?
Ask MaGee
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Ireland v Italy U-21's is on Thursday 10 October 10pm Tbilisi time. Anyone know if the Irish pub over there has Sky? Or is there a British pub with Sky?
Fistly I'd imagine the game will be shown eir sports, your best bet would be the hangar bar, watched Rovers v City the last time along with the All Ireland hurling final. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:08pm
Yep the hangar would be the spot . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:34pm
Probably a stupid enough question but is anyone on here that's been in Georgia before got history of taking prescription medication with them. I'm on some anti depressions and iron tablets that I couldn't really do without for the week but not sure what I need to have when taking them into Georgia
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Probably a stupid enough question but is anyone on here that's been in Georgia before got history of taking prescription medication with them. I'm on some anti depressions and iron tablets that I couldn't really do without for the week but not sure what I need to have when taking them into Georgia
Dont think there be much of an issue ringer, but be no harm having a cover note off your quack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 49>
  Share Topic