You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 49>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by KILCRUISE KILCRUISE wrote:

Georgia  great trip, and some trip to the desolate wild lands down south at the Azerbaijani border at the David Gareja monastery complex. tour bus driver took wrong turn and we ended up having much longer drive , but we made our own craic on the bus, nevertheless did not get back to Tbilisi until midnight ( we left Tbilisi around 1030 that morning )

team performance was bad but hey we are still in with a shout , not over yet. Beat Serbia and it all changes.

did this aswell. got to the very top of the mountain and climbed over the old soviet railing into Azerbaijan. first thing we seen when we got to the top was a f**kin Caucasian Viper . tour guide told us if we get bit we have 20 minutes to inject the anti venom..
Sponsored Links

Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 6:58pm
it was really nice to meet you guys. You are amazing!!!Heart
Had a great time in Hangar both days. 
But the trip was ruined on my way back to Batumi, one local guy tried to rape me. Im fine but its 100% my last time in Georgia.

Really hope to see you in Russia next year!
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 1:03am
Great trip bar the result. Good to see some of the old world.

Most fans i encountered were v well behaved bar the odd eijit, but you get that everywhere, they are easy to avoid unless on ur flight LOL

I dont understand how some people have no manners, in a foreign country esp, baffles me that fellas in their 30's and 40's act like its a stag trip in salou etc.

What is it with the men in Georgia, standing on street corners from morning till night, doing nothing except looking intimidating, i found that hilarious LOL. slow day at work i guess, for the whole weekend.

would def go back there if we got them again, but would fly direct def, at least on the way home, the bus back to kutasi was not enjoyable
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Kseniia Kseniia wrote:

But the trip was ruined on my way back to Batumi, one local guy tried to rape me. Im fine but its 100% my last time in Georgia.

Shocked Sorry to hear that happened. 

There's as much chance as us making Russia, as there is North Korea becoming friends with America Cry
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Tblisi I found to be a great city, very interesting visually and partially set up on the hils you can get a great view of the city. Thankfully did a coupel of toursity things wine tour Thursday and the walking tour was excellent. 

Didn't quite make a tour to one of the decent spots outside the city or get to don my fab budgie smugglers at the waterpark Cool- as usual too much drink was the cause.

The less said about the match the better.

Would definitely visit it again, but the two flights and long stopovers and departing mad early with no sleep really put me off (although on the way over we went via Munich with an 8 hour stopover, hit some small town near the aiport and massive result and found a huge beer festival Beer)

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Good trip alright. a millions times better from the last time.. loads more tourists and locals about and all the building work on the footpaths was finished this time.

went up to azerbaijan and the russian border thursday and friday so both of them are ticket off the list

hightlight of the trip was falling asleep on the plane from milan to kutaisi and then waking up as we landed only to be told we were in Tbilisi as there was a storm in Kutaisi. they said we were refueling and had to go back to tbilisi, until everyone started shouting and balling and they let us off in tbilisi . no 4 hour bus journey from Kutaisi to Tbilisi and a 400 euro claim refund as we didnt get to our intended destination within 3 hours of taking off.

Must have met a nice cailin then
I know nothing :-)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 1:45pm
Can we actually claim for that? I'm not so sure. I mean, it was beyond their control.

I suppose there is an argument that they *never* got us to our destination, so they're liable, but I'm not sure about that. We may have to prove loss for compensation, as a result of the redirection, rather than just being entitled to a lump sum. That said, our destination, in most cases, was Tbilisi rather than Kutaisi.

My "loss" was less than 1 lari. Got the bus from the airport into town for 50c and walked to the hotel in Tbilisi. The hotel in Kutaisi charged us for the (Wednesday) night but the one in Tbilisi didn't charge us for the extra night and only charged for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, so we were in the same position. Hell, if I hadn't prebooked the train from Kutaisi to Tbilisi, I'd have been up! Those who actually needed to get to Kutaisi might have a case, though, as they are entitled to the cost of getting to Kutaisi. That doesn't apply to any of us, though, seeing as we were all going to Tbilisi anyway. If you were due to go to Kutaisi for a few days, you'd be entitled to the costs of the bus or train or whatever from Tbilisi to Kutaisi. If you were flying into Kutaisi to go to Tbilisi, though, you'd basically be entitled to nothing, except maybe the taxi fare from Tbilisi airport to your hotel.

The relevant part seems to be this:

If the airline can prove that the delay was caused by an extraordinary circumstance which could not have been avoided, even if all reasonable measures had been taken, no compensation is payable.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 9:59am
You better call Saul
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:32am
Echo what others have said above, first time in Tbilisi and thought it was great. Would definitely go back for a proper look around.

I'd heard about the dopey taxi drivers but they took the biscuit, hadn't a fiddlers where they were going. On the other hand, they didn't seem to be out to rip us off. One guy drove us for about half an hour around in circles and then charged us 5 lari LOL
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 3:29pm
For the lads who organised the walking tour THANKS :)

Me n other half had great day and think the semi piss up in bar and then wine/bottles of wine tasting plus the sing song finished the day off in style.
Only problem was the day wasnt finished off so headed McLarens n got langers which meant sore head match day AGAIN but the memories worth it.

This group far from over so lets NEVER GIVE UP. A win in Dublin and then lets see how Loud n Proud we can be in Cardiff.  
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:51am
Some brilliant pictures on the MacLaren's Facebook page for anybody that was there
Cathal Bourke
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:57am
LOL
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Some brilliant pictures on the MacLaren's Facebook page for anybody that was there

ShockedLOL
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Kseniia Kseniia wrote:

Shocked Sorry to hear that happened. 

There's as much chance as us making Russia, as there is North Korea becoming friends with America Cry

Hey, lets hope!!! i believe in Irish magic!
Green is more than a colour it is a philosophy
Wah View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm
fair point actually
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:03pm
Bump.
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:46pm
Surely start new threads for these games
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:27pm
2 times there already. I'd want to do some day trip next time around to do something new. 
The dark side.. And the light
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:36pm
Loads of options for good day trips. Bus to Kazbegi, trip to Gori, Uplistsikhe... look back through this thread as there are plenty of suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 49>
  Share Topic