You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 11:17am
we were overtaking on blind corners at 120kph+, thebronze egging him on he was so drunk, myself and philiyk in the back waiting to dieLOL
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Yer same man didn't exactly spare the horses getting to the wrong stadium, doing speeds of about 90 mph in an old battered Mercedes, and much weaving in & out of traffic at the same time,  but when he realised his mistake, and with only 30 minutes to go to kick off, in rush hour traffic, he went to an entirely different level of lunacy altogether, it was quite enjoyable, if you get an oul buzz from being seconds away from certain death, which I seemingly do, even if I hadn't realised it up to that point. Wouldn't say I would necessarily look forward to doing it again, but as a one off experience, I wouldn't knock the Tbilisi taximen...........</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Similar experience ourselves and we weren't in any rush yet your man still felt the need to overtake on a roundabouts whilst doing 50kmh. No need for indicators over there when you can just beep the horn as well, apparently. My fears were only made worse</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;"> when I realised right behind my seat was a massive gas tank that was running the car. </span>

Had similar experience(s). On first occasion we were on a dual carriageway with two lanes. As we approached a tunnel the taxi driver overtook a car. The other car sped up so there was 3 cars abreast entering a tunnel with just two lanes. It was like who's going to chicken out first   ...the other fella did

On second occasion we were on the way to the airport. For those old enough to remember the Streets of San Francisco ...well the journey was a bit like the car chases in that show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4EfqDZ1nc

Edited by colemanY2K - 15 Jul 2016 at 12:26pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 12:21pm
Taxi from the airport.. brakes or no brakes into a lovely tight bend, and we'd only arrived in the place, after emptying the bar in Istanbul SAW. So a ceid mile failte to Tbilisi. Carl Maldron from the streets of San FranciscoThumbs Up
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 2:01pm
I was in a cab that was going down a main road in Tbilisi (the one that had the big grass embankment running along the middle of it) when the driver skids, swerves, but still hits, an Irish lad that had climbed down from the embankment in order to cross the road. The driver to be fair to him was out of his car like a shot to drag the unconscious Irish lad over to the edge of the road so he wouldn't be driven over by any oncoming traffic. The lad was taken away by ambulance and I heard afterwards that thankfully he was OK. Lucky lucky boy though. Overall a pretty nerve-racking experience!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 3:42pm
Jaysus, that's a mad one Paulie.
Thought you were going to say the driver dragged him to the side of the road threw him on the verge and just got back in and drove on. Wouldn't have surprised me.
After the trip to the stadium with deise I had visions of Rigney, the local undertaker, coming along with his measuring tape!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 10:31pm
Think will go via Warsaw, Turkey sounds a bit problematic.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:19pm
Think I will leave the stopover in Istanbul off now surely there's a few other routes to navigate around
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Think I will leave the stopover in Istanbul off now surely there's a few other routes to navigate around

Via Warsaw seems to be a good route.

Pity Ireland' sponsors don't put in flights.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:45pm

just picked random dates in November this year
15/11 ryanair Dublin - Milan (bgy) €25
16/11 wizz air Milan  (bgy) - Kutaisi € 40

return
19/11 Kutaisi - Sofia (wizz air) €25
19/11 Sofia - Dublin (ryanair) €32

TOTAL Euro 122 return flights to georgia

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 17 Jul 2016 at 2:05pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

No demand for a charter as charters are naturally.much more.expensive

Loads of different ways to.get there with various airlines
I know nothing :-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

following Ireland definitely improves your geography, ask any Joe soap where Tuzla, Iasi, Bacau ,or Kutaisi are and they will think your off your game.
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

low cost to Kutaisi with wizz air, from Dortmund, Berlin, Memmingen, Vilinus, Katowice, Warsaw Chopin, Sofia, Milan. plenty of options.

return

Holy Jaysus
Cathal Bourke
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 6:27pm

low cost to Kutaisi with wizz air, from Dortmund, Berlin, Memmingen, Vilinus, Katowice, Warsaw Chopin, Sofia, Milan. plenty of options.

return

could be tempted by Kutaisi if I cannot find a reasonably cheap route to Yerevan.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 6:39pm
Some of the posts on this thread

We got a taxi in from the airport and he must've been doing at least 120mph, no seatbelt on, no indicating and told us he was stopping off for petrol. Him and his mate from the petrol station smoking by the pumps leaning up against the car with us 3 inside waiting on him

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Jul 2016 at 6:39pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 9:28pm
"David the Builder Kutaisi International Airport"

LOL

But it's clearly a great option. Bergamo might be the best option: there are two flights a day from Dublin to Bergamo, early morning and late evening. Berlin as well could be handy: never been there, so a day or two stopover there on the way back might be the business.

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

following Ireland definitely improves your geography, ask any Joe soap where Tuzla, Iasi, Bacau ,or Kutaisi are and they will think your off your game.

Or where turners cross is Wink
I know nothing :-)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 12:51pm
Just realised that Wizzair fly Katowice - Kutaisi.
Therefore Dub (or London)  - KTW - Kutaisi is possible
and then a train to Tblisi.

Based on current flight times there is a flight from KTW that leaves at midnight and gets in there around 6am, 3 days a week.

Coming home times not great so Tblisi - Warsaw sounds best option.
Means pick up my littlie so he comes to the game...................
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 11:56pm
Was looking at making a bit of a holiday out of this trip has anyone been to the costal resort of Batumi? Also what's the story with border crossing into Russia if one was to spend a few days in Sochi

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 28 Aug 2016 at 10:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
  Share Topic