You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Many others getting the 11pm Georgian bus to Kutaisi on Sunday night to catch the 6am flight to Berlin? Not looking forward to that at all

Planning to get that a night in Berlin then!

I was thinking that myself but then just decided to book the next flight home from Berlin
Cathal Bourke
Sponsored Links

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:12pm

Many others getting the 11pm Georgian bus to Kutaisi on Sunday night to catch the 6am flight to Berlin? Not looking forward to that at all

Crowd of us are getting the 8.30am train on Sunday to Kutaisi and doing an overnight. On the same flight to Berlin then with an overnight there as well.

Edited by irish_goat - 16 Aug 2017 at 9:12pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:19pm
Georgian Bus website worked grand for me btw.
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Crowd of us are getting the 8.30am train on Sunday to Kutaisi and doing an overnight. On the same flight to Berlin then with an overnight there as well.

Berlin is an unreal city but don't think I'd be in any condition for an overnight there, I'll just want to get home and get a decent sleep before the Serbia game
Cathal Bourke
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm

Berlin is an unreal city but don't think I'd be in any condition for an overnight there, I'll just want to get home and get a decent sleep before the Serbia game

Aye, don't know how we'll fare but we'll give it a go.

It was either that or an overnight in Dublin so thought we might as well do Berlin.
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 10:03pm

It was either that or an overnight in Dublin so thought we might as well do Berlin.

Same as. Stopping over on the way out too.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

How much spending money would be need for 5 nights in Georgia got 1 in Kutaisi other 4 in Tbilisi ? 

6 grand

Surely it can't be any cheaper than Moldova Wink

If this trip anything like Moldova it will see nearly everyone spending alot more than they budgeted for

If this trip is anything like Moldova, I may not make it back in one piece

moldova was one of the best trips in years.. along with sarajevo in Bosnia

Tbilisi far better than chisnau imo. Prob my fav trip to date

tbilisi was better than chisnau    would ya stop lad
yeah far better spot. Nicer people. Better places. Better experience. Personally thought chisnau was a sh*thole tbh.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:51pm

Same as. Stopping over on the way out too.

What day yous in Berlin on the way over crowd of us staying their the Tuesday night before getting flight to kutaisi Wednesday morning
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Ouch.  

How far is the bus station from the stadium? You will have just over an hour to grab your stuff etc.  

A few of us are flying through the night which is bad enough.  

@Gspain - lad getting the bus Sunday night for Monday flight . Game Saturday so next day

cheers misread that.  Would have been very tight I imagine.  
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:06am

Georgian Bus website worked grand for me btw.

Seems to be working when using my Santander card, but not with my First Trust one
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Qazaishvili Qazaishvili wrote:

Had anyone seen this before? London to Tbilisi direct on Wednesday 30 August. Or am I missing something? http://www.airzena.com/index.php?l=E ;

That Georgia Air site is a bit of a rip-off, as they add £110 tax at the end, so return trip is around £450.

Fly from anywhere in the UK via AMS and use the AMS-TBS direct flight all for around £380 on www.klm.com

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:27pm
anyone ever used fox transfer taxis, i might need them in poland on the way back?

im trying to intercept a train LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:03pm

I was thinking that myself but then just decided to book the next flight home from Berlin

It may be a push to get the 11pm bus.

Match is 20:00 local time. Let's assume a few subs and whatnot and a bit of delay: it won't be over til nearly 22:00. If they keep us in for thirty minutes afterwards, we aren't out til 22:30. The metro only takes about ten minutes to Freedom Square but if there are queues, you'll possibly be in trouble. A taxi might be hard to find at that stage, and it's a 45 minute walk.
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It may be a push to get the 11pm bus.

Match is 20:00 local time. Let's assume a few subs and whatnot and a bit of delay: it won't be over til nearly 22:00. If they keep us in for thirty minutes afterwards, we aren't out til 22:30. The metro only takes about ten minutes to Freedom Square but if there are queues, you'll possibly be in trouble. A taxi might be hard to find at that stage, and it's a 45 minute walk.

The 11pm bus is the day after the match
Cathal Bourke
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:35pm
***t cancelled my apartment I had booked beside McClarens on booking.com
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:24pm
Landing into Belfast International from New York at 9:45am on the 31st and flying form there at 11am to London. It's looking like the last 2 scheduled flights of that route arrived 20/25 minutes late. 

If I managed to clear passport control by 10:30 would 30/40 minutes give me enough time to make that 11am flight? I won't have a checked in bag anyway.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Landing into Belfast International from New York at 9:45am on the 31st and flying form there at 11am to London. It's looking like the last 2 scheduled flights of that route arrived 20/25 minutes late. 

If I managed to clear passport control by 10:30 would 30/40 minutes give me enough time to make that 11am flight? I won't have a checked in bag anyway.

30 mins is just about enough. Skip the security queue if you have to.
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 12:44am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I hope it's not Norwegian you're flying with......you should make Serbia at home anyway!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 171>
  Share Topic