You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 171>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Got the Luton - Kutaisi flight on the 31st there now for £40 if anyone still looking a cheap way out. 

Think that flight is just going to be full of us lot !

You mean us lot full

That as well !
Sponsored Links

cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:41pm

Got the Luton - Kutaisi flight on the 31st there now for £40 if anyone still looking a cheap way out. 

You mean us lot full

That as well !

Yous better hold the plane if the 4pm flight from Dublin is running any way late!
Cathal Bourke
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

You mean us lot full

That as well !

Yous better hold the plane if the 4pm flight from Dublin is running any way late!

I'll stick my foot in the door !
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:15pm
Is everyone planning to just get the 3:30am bus from Kutaisi Airport? Might be worth warning Georgian Bus if there's a big crowd of us.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:18pm

Is everyone planning to just get the 3:30am bus from Kutaisi Airport? Might be worth warning Georgian Bus if there's a big crowd of us.

Hotel, bed, train the next day, Bag O'Cans - That's my plan !
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:00am
Anyone ever fly out of Belfast International?

Landing in from New York at 9.45am on the 31st of August and need to make the 11:00am flight to Gatwick. I assume it's a small enough airport. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Landing in from New York at 9.45am on the 31st of August and need to make the 11:00am flight to Gatwick. I assume it's a small enough airport. 

Small enough airport but don't use it regularly. Hopefully a good tail wind and you will get in early . The main thing doh is it leaves the States on time . NYC to Dublin on Wednesday morning was 90 mins late getting out
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:03pm

Small enough airport but don't use it regularly. Hopefully a good tail wind and you will get in early . The main thing doh is it leaves the States on time . NYC to Dublin on Wednesday morning was 90 mins late getting out
Don't wanna concern you but I can see this being your main issue even though Belfast International is indeed a fairly small airport. You might be as well to check the live arrivals list on it's website for a few days to see what time that flight is getting in but I know I've heard a few reports about it being late on the traffic and travel news on the radio.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:36pm

As stated, arrival time is key.  If you're on time, you'll be fine.  The airport isn't that big, and security should be fairly quick at the time of the day. 
My main gripe with BFS generally is the passport control, which can sometimes take a while.  If you have the option, try to get seated near the aircraft door, and don't take a checked bag.  That way, you'll give yourself a better chance if you're delayed.
City Till I Die
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:25pm

who you flying with from New York Muff  ? I though United discontinued that route

The flight ( united) anecdotally (travel news in the morning in the drive in ) seemed to be late pretty regular
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

who you flying with from New York Muff  ? I though United discontinued that route

The flight ( united) anecdotally (travel news in the morning in the drive in ) seemed to be late pretty regular
Norwegian Airlines are doing that flight now but to some airport called Newburgh-Stewart.

You're right about that Continental/United Airlines crowd being late btw. Hardly a morning went by without it being reported on the travel news as running late, often by more than an hour.

Don't really know what Norwegian's punctuality on this route is like as they only started it earlier this year. That's why I suggested monitoring the arrival times on BFS's website for a week or so for Irishmufc to get an idea. But even if his flight from NY gets in on time it might still be fairly tight to make that Gatwick flight, even though BFS is fairly small.

So, sorry IrishMufc, but at this stage, it looks like there might be only one thing for it....PANIC!!!!

Edited by ConorMac77 - 21 Jul 2017 at 1:41pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:20pm
Flightaware.com the best site to monitor it Muff
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Norwegian Airlines are doing that flight now but to some airport called Newburgh-Stewart.

You're right about that Continental/United Airlines crowd being late btw. Hardly a morning went by without it being reported on the travel news as running late, often by more than an hour.

Don't really know what Norwegian's punctuality on this route is like as they only started it earlier this year. That's why I suggested monitoring the arrival times on BFS's website for a week or so for Irishmufc to get an idea. But even if his flight from NY gets in on time it might still be fairly tight to make that Gatwick flight, even though BFS is fairly small.

So, sorry IrishMufc, but at this stage, it looks like there might be only one thing for it....PANIC!!!!

Thumbs Up didn't know Norwegian air had started in belfast (though only really usefull for New York region) are they starting in Dublin ? the preclearance in Dublin is a real selling point
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Thumbs Up didn't know Norwegian air had started in belfast (though only really usefull for New York region) are they starting in Dublin ? the preclearance in Dublin is a real selling point
They do indeed, to that Newburgh-Stewart airport direct. They also fly to JFK via Oslo so not sure if pre-clearance is available that way.

Yeah, pre-clearance is great, I used it going to NY a couple of years ago. Cool

The officer who dealt with us was really friendly unlike the grumpy officious c*nts I've heard they have at the American airports. He even had time to tell us his career story including the time he had the choice between doing pre-clearance at Dublin airport or border patrol at one of the Mexican border crossings. Hmm, difficult choice that one...LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 21 Jul 2017 at 2:57pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:21pm
flightradar24.com as well will show you the arrival times for the last week or so, which should give an idea. With a transatlantic, wide body aircraft, it may only be doing the two flights a day (one each way) so there might be a longer turnaround time than usual at each airport, minimising the chance of delays, although that isn't clear. Flightradar24.com will show also show you where each plane has been and whether it is indeed flying more than that route each day.

Also, re: BFS, is baggage reclaim before or after passport control? In DUB, passport control is before baggage reclaim. While baggage reclaim is before customs, that's rarely an issue.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

flightradar24.com as well will show you the arrival times for the last week or so, which should give an idea. With a transatlantic, wide body aircraft, it may only be doing the two flights a day (one each way) so there might be a longer turnaround time than usual at each airport, minimising the chance of delays, although that isn't clear. Flightradar24.com will show also show you where each plane has been and whether it is indeed flying more than that route each day.

Also, re: BFS, is baggage reclaim before or after passport control? In DUB, passport control is before baggage reclaim. While baggage reclaim is before customs, that's rarely an issue.
After passport control.

Edited by ConorMac77 - 21 Jul 2017 at 3:40pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:00pm
Cheers lads for the info Thumbs Up

I'll only have hand luggage with me so even if there's a 45 minute delay with the flight, I'm sure that would give me enough time to leg it to the Ryanair one. 

I might have to ask some if I can go ahead when getting off the plane. I'm sure they'll oblige. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:18pm
This is just one big elaborate excuse to harvest a ticket for the match. 
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 171>
  Share Topic