You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 171>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 3:36pm
 There's three of us travelling home on the 4pm Wizz air flight to Luton on Sunday 3 Sept. 

Did anybody on here get a taxi from Tbilisi to Kutaisi last time we played there?

Google maps is saying that it's a 3.5hr drive. Is this accurate? I'm try to gauge a time for leaving Tbilisi on Sunday morning (but to get as much sleep as possible before the trek home!!)  

I see another poster above mentioned 100 euro for the fair. Is it that cheap for 3.5 hr drive? 

Thanks 
"..but the fools, the fools, the fools! they have left us our Fenian dead..."
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Qazaishvili Qazaishvili wrote:

There's three of us travelling home on the 4pm Wizz air flight to Luton on Sunday 3 Sept. 

Did anybody on here get a taxi from Tbilisi to Kutaisi last time we played there?

Google maps is saying that it's a 3.5hr drive. Is this accurate? I'm try to gauge a time for leaving Tbilisi on Sunday morning (but to get as much sleep as possible before the trek home!!)  

I see another poster above mentioned 100 euro for the fair. Is it that cheap for 3.5 hr drive? 

Thanks 

Yeah fare should be around €90/€100. Have a look at taxionn.com for rates and info
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:45pm

Thanks 

One way to look at how reasonable the price is ... How much would 1 hour cost in a taxi in Ireland ? Prob €100 ! so 4 hours is well cheap and between 3 lads !
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:10pm
Booked my way out at last. 81 euro all in Clap which is a bonus if I do decide to attempt and find a way home for the hurling the next day.

Anyone on the early Dublin-Luton flight at 8am on the 31st?
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Booked my way out at last. 81 euro all in Clap which is a bonus if I do decide to attempt and find a way home for the hurling the next day.

Good few on the later flight Bo , could be a nervy journey over in the afternoon but at least you can hold the plane for us if we are late
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Good few on the later flight Bo , could be a nervy journey over in the afternoon but at least you can hold the plane for us if we are late

Haha I know. I usually wouldn't have any qualms about booking flights so close but played it extra safe this time around and went for the early one. My only worry is I'll be fit to fly and avoid an early drink
You don't know Bo?

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm
€81?! You mind throwing that up? I'm booked for a few multiples of that price. It trying to persuade a few lads to go over.

I'm sure I've misunderstood your post though

Edited by Colum - 16 Jul 2017 at 12:48pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

€81?! You mind throwing that up? I'm booked for a few multiples of that price. It trying to persuade a few lads to go over.

Dub Luton €20 - Luton Kuts €61
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:53pm

It's only the way out. I've nothing booked going home as I'm in a conundrum if Galway reach the hurling final and trying to get back early the next day.

Going out is
Dublin-Luton €20
Luton-kutaisi €61
You don't know Bo?

cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm
I'm trying to book trains to and from Tbilisi on the Georgianbus website but for some reason its saying I don't have enough money on my card when I go to pay, anybody else having this problem?
Cathal Bourke
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 3:19pm

It's only the way out. I've nothing booked going home as I'm in a conundrum if Galway reach the hurling final and trying to get back early the next day.

Going out is
Dublin-Luton €20
Luton-kutaisi €61
Oh, I got it was one way all right. Couldn't give a sh*te how they get home

Thanks for that..and same to Butch
Qazaishvili View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:08pm

Edited by Qazaishvili - 17 Jul 2017 at 2:09pm
Qazaishvili View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Thanks 

Yeah fare should be around €90/€100. Have a look at taxionn.com for rates and info

Cheers Kevin. I took a look at that website and 90 EUR/100 EUR looks about right. Absolutely delighted with that price when divided between 3! Taxi gives a lot more flexibility as we probably won't need to leave the hotel until 11am Sunday morning.     
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

I'm trying to book trains to and from Tbilisi on the Georgianbus website but for some reason its saying I don't have enough money on my card when I go to pay, anybody else having this problem?

Your first problem is probably trying to book trains on a bus website.
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Your first problem is probably trying to book trains on a bus website.

Hahaha trying to book the bus, apologies. I e mailed them and all they said was "this is the banks problem", which it definitely is not
Cathal Bourke
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:07pm
Got the Luton - Kutaisi flight on the 31st there now for £40 if anyone still looking a cheap way out. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Got the Luton - Kutaisi flight on the 31st there now for £40 if anyone still looking a cheap way out. 

Think that flight is just going to be full of us lot !
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Think that flight is just going to be full of us lot !

You mean us lot full
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 171>
  Share Topic