You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 171>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

FAO GF . ConAir was a reference to Confederation Air as they were running the direct (trying) gig to Tbilisi. Nothing to do with the travel company or having a cheap shot . I explained on the wrong thread so some super modding was done and posts were edited

Not the way I picked it up, but fair play for clarifying.

From what I know there was not enough demand, which was not unexpected.

I think that Fanfares aim was to show that they could put on a charter a lot cheaper than the 2 other companies that currently offer trips.

They know that they need to have prices within days of the fixture announcements as well.

I believe they have 2 flights full to Cardiff at much better prices than the other 2 operators.

Hopefully with more travelling with the economy picking up that charters to far flung destinations will become an easier option . I know personally that having kids and being self employed that days off are becoming harder to come by .
Sponsored Links

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:40pm
For those of you arriving in Kutaisi at 2.45 am, are you planning on getting the Georgian Bus straight up to Tbilisi from the airport or staying the night in Kutaisi. For info, Georgia bus have got back to mer to say

"We have transfers accordingly to all flights in Kutaisi airport.

Buses depart (including to Tbilisi) in an hour after landing.

You can buy tickets at GeorgianBus ticket desk in Kutaisi airport. Seats are unlimited"

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:07pm
If I were ye id head to Tbilisi, I am staying wed night in kutaisi but our flight arrives at a decent hour. Id imagine you wont even find a drink at that hour of the morning.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:32pm
At 2.45am, I'll be going to bed and getting the train on the Friday lunchtime !
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'm gonna brave it and sleep to Tbilisi on the bus and check in to the hostel grab a shower and see the sights . Power nap in the afternoon and ready for the night of beer
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:07pm

I'm gonna brave it and sleep to Tbilisi on the bus and check in to the hostel grab a shower and see the sights . Power nap in the afternoon and ready for the night of beer

You getting Georgian bus from airport Butch?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Yea I'm gonna grab the bus an hour after we land . I know if I go to Kuts I'll end up on the beer and the journey the next they will be rougher . The heat on that bus of no air con at the end of August . Also there will be 30+ ybiggers already on the ground on the lash in Kuts and I can see only one predicament and it's not bed
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:51pm

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Yea I'm gonna grab the bus an hour after we land . I know if I go to Kuts I'll end up on the beer and the journey the next they will be rougher . The heat on that bus of no air con at the end of August . Also there will be 30+ ybiggers already on the ground on the lash in Kuts and I can see only one predicament and it's not bed

Is there a bus meeting that Luton flight? Can't see it on the website
Cathal Bourke
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:14pm
@Cathal stroll up to bigballs post at 3.40pm and the info there
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:32pm
What's the story with booking this trip on edreams, I haven't used them before coz always have booked directly but it worked out cheaper this time.
I got all the flight confirmation. I got a separate confirmation from Ryanair for the Dublin to Amsterdam leg of the trip and I use the Ryanair app for that but how does it work for the flights from Amsterdam-Kiev-Tbilisi with klm, can I download their app and check in from that.
Donegal View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:40am
Wizz air have a bus meeting the Luton flight for Tbilisi. Its 12 euro return. Just waiting on the departure time.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

What's the story with booking this trip on edreams, I haven't used them before coz always have booked directly but it worked out cheaper this time.
I got all the flight confirmation. I got a separate confirmation from Ryanair for the Dublin to Amsterdam leg of the trip and I use the Ryanair app for that but how does it work for the flights from Amsterdam-Kiev-Tbilisi with klm, can I download their app and check in from that.

Edreams are grand, used them before. The Amsterdam-Kiev-Tbilisi flights you're on are operated by Ukrainian. You can use their app to check-in, or do it at the airport. Assuming it's the same as mine, you get a free checked-in bag with them.

Edited by brendy_éire - 22 May 2017 at 12:21pm
City Till I Die
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:22pm

Check out minibus drivers to Tbilisi, we got a minibus back from Gori dirt cheap.

Would be far faster, and no waiting around.

I'd say a driver would jump at €100, even 5 of you would only be €20 each.

Maybe SD remembers what we paid, i thing from memory we just offered the driver a tenner a head and all his birthdays had just come together lol  

Its about 3 times the distance.

Edited by greenforever - 20 May 2017 at 3:22pm
I know nothing :-)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:29pm
Minibus should definitely be an option. It definitely was to Gori. Can't remember the price though. The only thing is the road from Tbilisi to Gori is motorway. From Gori to Kutaisi is a fair bit further and it's not motorway. The train might well be a safer option. Definitely cheaper and I don't think it's slower.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 May 2017 at 10:29pm
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:34pm
I went for a Donald in the sh*thouse in Gori train station before we got the bus back,lord got what a kip of a building LOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:37am
Will be getting the georgiabus direct to Tbilisi on the Wednesday night after landing from Milan. Do a spot of sightseeing in Tbilisi on Thursday, heading to kazbegi on Friday and back to Tbilisi on Saturday afternoon for the match. Have all day Sunday to recover and see a few bits and pieces of Tbilisi that we may have missed on the Thursday before the early morning flight back to London on the Monday from Tbilisi. Hopefully we'll get similar weather to that when we there last time

Anybody else getting the georgiabus on the Wednesday night who are on the Milan flight?

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 May 2017 at 11:35am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:08pm
F**k that. Stay in Kutaisi for one night. I don't fancy a rickety through the night bus. A few jars in the hotel in Kutaisi, night there, and the train down the following afternoon after a proper night's sleep.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Will be getting the georgiabus direct to Tbilisi on the Wednesday night after landing from Milan. Do a spot of sightseeing in Tbilisi on Thursday, heading to kazbegi on Friday and back to Tbilisi on Saturday afternoon for the match. Have all day Sunday to recover and see a few bits and pieces of Tbilisi that we may have missed on the Thursday before the early morning flight back to London on the Monday from Tbilisi. Hopefully we'll get similar weather to that when we there last time

Anybody else getting the georgiabus on the Wednesday night who are on the Milan flight?

About seven of us in Kutaisi Wednesday night. (arriving on the berlin flight) we can keep the bar open for ya!!
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 171>
  Share Topic