You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 171>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Be very surprised if we bring more than 1k out to Tbilisi.

Ah yeah, fully agree.

Moldova was around 400-500, and I'd say Georgia will probably have around 700 fans travel over for it.

Hmmm, there were two or three different airlines flying direct to Moldova or even close by (Bacau and Iasi) plus we'd never played them before. Neither of those things apply to Georgia.

I think it will definitely be under 1,000. All depends on how many that fanfare charter gets.
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Be very surprised if we bring more than 1k out to Tbilisi.

Ah yeah, fully agree.

Moldova was around 400-500, and I'd say Georgia will probably have around 700 fans travel over for it.

Hmmm, there were two or three different airlines flying direct to Moldova or even close by (Bacau and Iasi) plus we'd never played them before. Neither of those things apply to Georgia.

I think it will definitely be under 1,000. All depends on how many that fanfare charter gets.

Is that charter still going ?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:45pm
I haven't heard otherwise. Not sure though.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:13pm

Checked on their website a good while ago seemed to be not enough interest. Very dear for a one night stay.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:15pm
http://www.fanfare.ie/world-cup-qualifiers its actually not up on the site anymore.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:19pm
Ah come on we normally overestimate the numbers. The usual 500 for a game like this will be in attendance.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:41pm
Was tyhere not around 900 over in Moldova?? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:45pm
Bohsinmunich - is there anything else to do in Munich other than go for pints..that's all RogerMilla suggested there was to do.

Can you do week day tours of Bayern's home ground? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

no chance, once the hay is won some extra harvesting going on in Tblisi

Hope they make it collect out there in person
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ah come on we normally overestimate the numbers. The usual 500 for a game like this will be in attendance.

I'll never forget the night we had 10-15k in Park Head
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

600 at the very most. I was seated along the touchline where there was about 50 of us. Maybe 100 at most in the opposite section and then a few hundred in the tiny section behind the goal. Not a hope in hell was there 900 Irish fans there.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm

600 at the very most. I was seated along the touchline where there was about 50 of us. Maybe 100 at most in the opposite section and then a few hundred in the tiny section behind the goal. Not a hope in hell was there 900 Irish fans there.

I said earlier we prob have "1200" tickets sold . Doesn't mean we will have 1200 in attendance. It will be coming to the end of the summer crop and harvesting will be in full flow
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I said earlier we prob have "1200" tickets sold . Doesn't mean we will have 1200 in attendance. It will be coming to the end of the summer crop and harvesting will be in full flow

Moldova 930 tickets sold iirrc probably 600 + at it

As I can't go to Georgia I would hope the FAI would publically state 100 % pick up and publically state how many no shows
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:27pm
Think it should be 100% pick-up in Tbilisi as will be large number looking to harvest tickets in chance it helps get 1 for Cardiff

Judging by the numbers released by far for Serbia and Moldova we all know it already happened for them games so need to prevent it for Georgia
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:55pm
It was 100% pick up last time in Tbilisi and we all know what happened after that.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

It was 100% pick up last time in Tbilisi and we all know what happened after that.

aye but how many no shows ? ( not that it mattered re glasgow)

we all know there is likely to be a crunch coming very shortly

Edited by Newryrep - 19 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:34am

Bohsinmunich - is there anything else to do in Munich other than go for pints..that's all RogerMilla suggested there was to do.

Yeah, they do mid week tours.

The Hofbrahaus is worth going to for a stein. It's the most famous beer hall in the city. Don't bother ordering any food there though, bland as fcuk and over priced
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 2:10pm

BH

Yes there is more to do than only have a nice relaxing bier in a biergarten.
Give me an idea of your interests (you on the 7 hr layover ?)

Munich centre is relatively small and easy enough to navigate on foot and / or using public transport. Interesting enough to stroll around, look at the buildings / people , have a bite to eat etc

The Allianz is not v convenient afaik to go to from the airport using public transport (by car / taxi it is on the A9 from airport into the city). By S bahn into Marienplatz and then U6 out to the stadium. About 1hr 15mins. Can check if there is a bus service to Garching which is 1 / 2 S bahn stops north of the stadium. There is absolutely NOTHING else to do out at the stadium

You can do tours of the old OlympicStadion including roof top (costs extra) and a visit up the Tower to get views out over the city.

If history / culture  is your thing for example
BMW
http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/visitor_information/guided_tours/index.html
Deutsches Museum
http://www.deutsches-museum.de/en
Dachau (not in Munich)
https://www.kz-gedenkstaette-dachau.de/index-e.html
NS Museum
https://www.ns-dokuzentrum-muenchen.de/home/
or
just a leisurely stroll thru the Englischer Gartens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 171>