You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 171>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Alternatively you could just head to the biergarten between Terminal 1 and 2 where they brew their own beer.
http://www.munich-airport.de/en/micro/airbraeu/index.jsp

Was there last week. €2.75 per 500ml! Wink
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

30th Aug 10:45 DUB 03:30 TBS 13h 45m 1 stop (MUC) 
4th sept 05:35 TBS 16:10 DUB 13h 35m 1 stop (MUC) 

working out at just under 300 euros with lufthansa

lufthansa actual got decent options from dublin via Munich on 30th, 31st and 1st. All option under €300 which is good for booking this late
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:14pm
Jesus. Those prices have definitely come down. They were over €400 a week or two ago.

The long Munich layovers are a pain in the hoop.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:34pm
That said 7h is a long layover.

45m into Munich makes it worth doing. Counting half an hour from touchdown to getting to the train station, 45 minutes on the train each way, and wanting to be back 90 minutes before the onward flight, it still gives about four hours in the city centre each way.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:34pm
All Ireland hurling is the Sunday for anyone looking at these from a county who may be in contention
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

45m into Munich makes it worth doing. Counting half an hour from touchdown to getting to the train station, 45 minutes on the train each way, and wanting to be back 90 minutes before the onward flight, it still gives about four hours in the city centre each way.

Munich a great city to spend a few hours in
I know nothing :-)
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Munich a great city to spend a few hours in

Or almost a lifetime 😎
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:49pm

You could book a cheap hotel room.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:05pm
Kilkenny Vs Tipp and the Hawk Eye drama played out the last time we were there iirc.

Edited by Trap for Pope - 18 Apr 2017 at 11:07pm
Living for Away days
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:37am
I wonder what numbers will be like for this. Seems to be a lot of reasonably priced flights still available
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

I wonder what numbers will be like for this. Seems to be a lot of reasonably priced flights still available

Don't be surprised to see 1200 match tickets (Irish end)

Actual attendance figures will vary
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Don't be surprised to see 1200 match tickets (Irish end)

Actual attendance figures will vary

i'd say maybe more, some maybe holding until after austria game also

a win there and a draw in serbia should put us in a minimum of a play off
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:57am

Seems to be a good crowd travelling over but I'd say be similar number to what was in Moldova last year
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Seems to be a good crowd travelling over but I'd say be similar number to what was in Moldova last year

I'd say slightly more as it's been a fair few months since the last away. People have been able to save up a bit again.
The Serbia and Moldova games were very close to the Euro's with many having already spent a fair whack on the 3 group games and then the Last 16 thrown in as a brilliant bonus. Funds were depleted for many fans after that to be heading away again.

For Georgia the numbers will be up.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:48pm
Be very surprised if we bring more than 1k out to Tbilisi.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Ah yeah, fully agree.

Moldova was around 400-500, and I'd say Georgia will probably have around 700 fans travel over for it.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Ah yeah, fully agree.

Moldova was around 400-500, and I'd say Georgia will probably have around 700 fans travel over for it.

Howaya Steve. I sent you a pm a while ago about our night in amsterdam on the way home from this trip. Did the carrier pigeons get it through to you?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Ah yeah, fully agree.

Howaya Steve. I sent you a pm a while ago about our night in amsterdam on the way home from this trip. Did the carrier pigeons get it through to you?

Found it! and replied. See you in the Dam Paulie Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 171>
  Share Topic