You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 171>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

in Paris CDG now for a few hours. Decent few on the flight from Dublin at 06:00. Never liked this airport and nothing changing my mind now. In saying that, Dublin wasn't much better earlier with the amount of more British than the British themselves walking around. 

LOL
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:52am
Hope we get Azerbaijan in a future qualifying campaign. Just spent two nights in Baku.a great spot and it would be a cracking away trip. 

Edited by irishmufc - 09 Oct 2019 at 11:53am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Hope we get Azerbaijan in a future qualifying campaign. Just spent two nights in Baku.a great spot and it would be a cracking away trip. 

When Azerbaijan came out I jumped off the couch only for us to be pulled out of that group. 

For the next campaign we could really do with some new ventures as I must say I've had my fill of Denmark, Wales and Gib.

What route did you do?

Edited by kearney304 - 09 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:44pm
We will be in a group with Wales and Denmark until the end of civilisation. Will still be more interesting than the 6 Nationsthough.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

We will be in a group with Wales and Denmark until the end of civilisation. Will still be more interesting than the 6 Nationsthough.

Didn't know you followed the Eire around Europe?
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

My flight lands in to Tbilisi Friday afternoon around 3.30 from Istanbul, probably one of the few flights I seen that didn't land really early in the morning around 3 or 4am.

We are on the 1.10pm out of Istanbul landing 4.30pm
V early start Friday morning to begin the journey
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

in Paris CDG now for a few hours. Decent few on the flight from Dublin at 06:00. Never liked this airport and nothing changing my mind now. In saying that, Dublin wasn't much better earlier with the amount of more British than the British themselves walking around. 

LOL
There was a strong whiff of Samuel in Terminal 1 alright this morning.
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:00pm
Heading there on Monday for 3 nights.
Any advice?

Flying out from New York tonight. See yiz over there!Clap

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:01pm
FFS

With more and more tourists in Tbilisi has also the amount of pickpockets drastically increased in Tbilisi over the last few years. So be aware!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

FFS

With more and more tourists in Tbilisi has also the amount of pickpockets drastically increased in Tbilisi over the last few years. So be aware!

Trip cancelled, better safe than sorry!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

FFS

With more and more tourists in Tbilisi has also the amount of
pickpockets drastically increased in Tbilisi over the last few years. So
be aware!

Trip cancelled, better safe than sorry!

I predicted this - so blanked it. Winning.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Is there anyone on the Wizzair flight from Luton to Kutaisi on Thursday afternoon?
Yup, two of us. I’m on the way to London now.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Is there anyone on the Wizzair flight from Luton to Kutaisi on Thursday afternoon?
Yup, two of us. I’m on the way to London now.
Yeah, am on it also. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Georgian Georgian wrote:

Hello from Georgia

I have no information about air services and etc. but I think I have helpfull information about matchday in Tbilisi. 

Main (Central) street in Tbilisi is Rustaveli Avenue. From there to Dinamo Arena (Boris Paichadze Stadium) 3,6 km (2,2 ml). You can go there by feet (about 1 hour) or by Bus, Metro or Taxi (about 20 minutes). 

Kick-off is at 17:00 PM in local (Georgian) time. Stadium Gates opens at 15:00 PM 

I read here, that you interesting match Denmark VS Switzerland. Kick-off is at 20:00 PM in local time. Georgia Vs Ireland will end about 18:45 PM. You have about 1 hour to go in PUB to watch Denmark vs Switzerland. After match there is always traffic around stadium and hard to catch Taxi (forgot about bus or metro). You must walk from stadium about 1 km (in right direction Big smile) and there will be easier to catch Taxi.

In Georgia we broadcast every match from Euro 2020 qualifiers Group D (and not only). In every restaurant or pub where is TV you can watch this game. (In Tbilisi is very many pubs or restaurants LOL )

My favorite Pubs in Tbilisi:

Number 8 - Craft Beer Club (Adress: Abashidze Str. 22 - 3,2 km from Stadium, about 45 minutes by walk) 

Dublin (Adress: Akhvlediani Str. 8 - 2,6 km from stadium, about 35 minutes by walk)

The Hangar Bar (Adress: Shavteli Str. 20 - 3,8 km from Stadium, about 50 minutes by walk)

In Tbilisi we have Taxi apps, so you can order taxi from every place with your phones. (Taxi apps: MAXIM, YandexTaxi, Bolt)

Have a nice trip, good luck Ireland for this match, I will be there. 

Come on Georgia! 

Superb information, thanks. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:45pm
Just in the hotel now dropping the sandwich deals from the airport this morning off at the pool..

Anyhow, for anyone doubting, revolut works perfectly so far, took out 160 GEL in arrivals. Be wary of shoulder surfing at the ATMs though. The 160 cost me €49.

If interested you can pick up a sim. The Beeline network ( straight in front of as you walk dow the steps after passport control is what i went for. They have data only sims (2gb for €1.51, 4gb for €2.57) plus other option with mins and txts). Also, they have a stunning specimen of female behind the desk who is obviously a member of SIPTU given her snail like pace at getting the job done but sometimes the wait is just worth it.

The driving seems to have calmed down a bit and its busier now than last time.

Right, thats all for now folks, off to sample the beer.
eireabu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:58pm
what's the locations for meet ups 5 of us just in from Paris :)
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 7:14pm
There's a lovely calmness to Tbilisi this evening. I am currently in a restaurant just a  few meters up from the Hanger with beautiful food and live piano outside. Little do they know the madness that awaits them.
If you want to pick up the city travel card at the airport it can be got in the Georgian bank (yellow sign) straight across from arrivals door.
A beautiful Georgian woman at the desk. Had to produce passport and sign four forms to get it - 2 Gel!

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 7:36pm
Couldn’t check in on Turkish airline either on the mobile or pc say I have to go to checkin desk - freckin dark ages
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 171>
  Share Topic