You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 171>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Any opinions on flying with Georgian Airways, a lot of their online reviews are dreadful? 

Also, has anybody managed to check in online with Georgian before, the process doesn't seem to work? 
Airport check in only, that's what prevented me from using them form Amsterdam, would have had to exit and re-enter making my connection too tight as the automated terminals is the transfer zone were not available as an option either. 

Luckily will only be using them on the first of 2 connecting flights from Georgia to Switzerland, was sure it was a KLM flight at time of booking(!)

Sponsored Links

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Any opinions on flying with Georgian Airways, a lot of their online reviews are dreadful? 

Also, has anybody managed to check in online with Georgian before, the process doesn't seem to work? 
Airport check in only, that's what prevented me from using them form Amsterdam, would have had to exit and re-enter making my connection too tight as the automated terminals is the transfer zone were not available as an option either. 

Luckily will only be using them on the first of 2 connecting flights from Georgia to Switzerland, was sure it was a KLM flight at time of booking(!)

It more than likely was. Booked KLM to Geneva and it’s operated by Georgian. Have booked few flights via KLM and don’t think I’ve been on one of their planes yet.

Edited by Colum - 08 Oct 2019 at 4:22pm
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by LUFC LUFC wrote:

Turkish advised to change flight as they couldn't guarantee we'd make the connection and all flights are full so now face a 6 hour wait in Istanbul, flying out at 10.55am, it was there fault changing the original flight. Anything to do in Istanbul airport?

The Turkish Airlines lounge is class. Get on their back about letting you in for free over the hassle caused. If not then probably only 20/30 quid into it. It's well worth it, should be an open bar and free massages.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Shelbourne Shelbourne wrote:

Long time lurker, first time poster, first away trip since Vienna 6 years ago.

2 of us on the early morning flight to Riga tomorrow, spending the day in Riga, then 23:05 flight to Tbilisi tomorrow night.

Staying up near Rustaveli, any good pubs up around there?
Rock up to the hangar bar or if its very late MacLaren's be better craic. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm

Turkish advised to change flight as they couldn't guarantee we'd make the connection and all flights are full so now face a 6 hour wait in Istanbul, flying out at 10.55am, it was there fault changing the original flight. Anything to do in Istanbul airport?

Did they send you an email ?
We are flying Friday morning from Munich with a 2 hour turnaround (no airport change)

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:48pm

Not ideal but takes the stress out of it. Today’s flight is 1:10 late leaving, your 6 hours in the airport bar is better than not being able to get on to Tiblisi if flights are full.
LUFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:53pm
We had to accept orginal change of 30 mins so they advised when we made contact with them, they couldn't say whether we would make it in time but yeah 6 hours sitting in the bar is better than being stranded and there is football on so not all bad, ive done worse layovers before so won't be too bad. 
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Anyone on the flight from Budapest to Kutaisi on Friday night landing at 4:55 Saturday morning? 
Would getting a taxi be a better option than a bus to Tblisi.

Contact Georgian bus on there Facebook page as there is 10 of us travelling from Kutaisi city on Friday morning and they have given us a 12 seater bus for 300 Gel which works out at just over €100 so i wouldn't think you would get a taxi for much cheaper than €80/€100

Edited by Ballycastle - 08 Oct 2019 at 6:19pm
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:43pm
My flight lands in to Tbilisi Friday afternoon around 3.30 from Istanbul, probably one of the few flights I seen that didn't land really early in the morning around 3 or 4am.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Travelling solo and just heard the other Donegal lads who I knew that were travelling have pulled out.  Look out for me wandering round talking to myself won't yis. 
You'll see me in a harps Jersey friday night... come over and say hello!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:01pm

Was on the phone to them. If it is late they'll put you on next flight,  if it's a balls to get to the connection then I'm f**kedLOL
LUFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:28pm
next flight is full mate i tried to get them put me on that one 
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Travelling solo and just heard the other Donegal lads who I knew that were travelling have pulled out.  Look out for me wandering round talking to myself won't yis. 
You'll see me in a harps Jersey friday night... come over and say hello!

I'll be wearing one of those myself! Big smile
Georgian View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:49am
Hello from Georgia

I have no information about air services and etc. but I think I have helpfull information about matchday in Tbilisi. 

Main (Central) street in Tbilisi is Rustaveli Avenue. From there to Dinamo Arena (Boris Paichadze Stadium) 3,6 km (2,2 ml). You can go there by feet (about 1 hour) or by Bus, Metro or Taxi (about 20 minutes). 

Kick-off is at 17:00 PM in local (Georgian) time. Stadium Gates opens at 15:00 PM 

I read here, that you interesting match Denmark VS Switzerland. Kick-off is at 20:00 PM in local time. Georgia Vs Ireland will end about 18:45 PM. You have about 1 hour to go in PUB to watch Denmark vs Switzerland. After match there is always traffic around stadium and hard to catch Taxi (forgot about bus or metro). You must walk from stadium about 1 km (in right direction Big smile) and there will be easier to catch Taxi.

In Georgia we broadcast every match from Euro 2020 qualifiers Group D (and not only). In every restaurant or pub where is TV you can watch this game. (In Tbilisi is very many pubs or restaurants LOL )

My favorite Pubs in Tbilisi:

Number 8 - Craft Beer Club (Adress: Abashidze Str. 22 - 3,2 km from Stadium, about 45 minutes by walk) 

Dublin (Adress: Akhvlediani Str. 8 - 2,6 km from stadium, about 35 minutes by walk)

The Hangar Bar (Adress: Shavteli Str. 20 - 3,8 km from Stadium, about 50 minutes by walk)

In Tbilisi we have Taxi apps, so you can order taxi from every place with your phones. (Taxi apps: MAXIM, YandexTaxi, Bolt)

Have a nice trip, good luck Ireland for this match, I will be there. 

Come on Georgia! 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:15am
in Paris CDG now for a few hours. Decent few on the flight from Dublin at 06:00. Never liked this airport and nothing changing my mind now. In saying that, Dublin wasn't much better earlier with the amount of more British than the British themselves walking around. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

in Paris CDG now for a few hours. Decent few on the flight from Dublin at 06:00. Never liked this airport and nothing changing my mind now. In saying that, Dublin wasn't much better earlier with the amount of more British than the British themselves walking around. 

LOLLOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:43am
Safe travels to everyone heading on the long trek to Tbilisi, see you all in Geneva Thumbs Up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

a trip to Netherlands would always be attractive
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 171>
  Share Topic