You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 171>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

I have hopes of going up to Gori for the day , now I know a good few have been in the past but was that by train or bus , and what would you think would be the better ?

How many would be going?
Probably handier to get a taxi. Negotiate with one on the street and see what you can get.
We went to Mtskheta, Gori and Uplistskhe with one. Think we paid about €35 for the day.
Just me Brendy , the wife's not keen on going either Confused

whats in Gori Murph ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:51am
Birthplace of the Man of Steel....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Birthplace of the Man of Steel....

Superman ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I have hopes of going up to Gori for the day , now I know a good few have been in the past but was that by train or bus , and what would you think would be the better ?

How many would be going?
Probably handier to get a taxi. Negotiate with one on the street and see what you can get.
We went to Mtskheta, Gori and Uplistskhe with one. Think we paid about €35 for the day.

whats in Gori Murph ?
Stalin , could be right up your street NR
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 2:22pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

How many would be going?

whats in Gori Murph ?
Stalin , could be right up your street NR

As in he is a dictator with facial hair who hates people ?

AKA pedantic kunt
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I’m planning on doing something similar to Brendy. Could organise a taxi if we get another 1/2 Claret Murph. I land in 4am Friday morning so would be happy to go around 11/12 if that’s suits? Can sort it closer to the time. I’ll ask the others if they are interested but they haven’t been to Tbilisi before so might just want to spend the Friday there.
That's the situation for me, arriving on Friday and will most likely spend the day there. But I'd probably be up for a little journey on the Sunday. Better to decide closer to the time alright. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
For those arriving on the early morning flights, are you booking the accommodation to start that day, or the night before? Will they be grand for checking at 5am?
City Till I Die
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm

For those arriving on the early morning flights, are you booking the accommodation to start that day, or the night before? Will they be grand for checking at 5am?
Have booked the night before just to be on the safe side, was told reception in my place is 24hrs so check in any time. 
Didn't want to risk having to wait around all day for a room.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm

yes there wasn't a bother that last time , you can get the head down and be up again at 12 for porter LOL
i havent booked yet but will book that night too 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:24pm
I was trying yesterday to book the lanky seats on the Tbilisi-Geneva-Dublin legs of the trip and I’ve run into a couple of problems. The Tbl – Gen flights were booked on KLM, and are via Amsterdam. I was able to get a lanky seat for the Ams – Gen leg of the trip on the KLM website, but it turns out that they are sharing the route with Georgian Airlines and the Tbl – Ams leg of the trip is with them. KLM gave me a different booking reference to use on the Georgian Airlines website but when I went there I saw this notice posted up:

“Please be informed that from „MY BOOKING“ it is possible to check only the bookings made from our direct website after 15th of May 2019. To check the status of the bookings made before this date or the bookings made in any other Ticketing agency please contact our call center info@georgian-airways.com Tel: +995 322 11 12 20.”

I’ve sent them an email and hopefully they’ll get back to me with a solution. My question is, is it usual when airlines are sharing a route, that changes to the booking can’t be made on the website of the airline through which the booking was made? It’s just hassle!

Of course it didn’t go smoothly with Aer Lingus either with the flight from Gen – Dub. There are 2 people on the booking and it won’t let me get a lanky seat unless the other person selects a seat as well, which of course incurs a cost. I’ve sent them an email too.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:28pm
Yes, pretty common. I have a booking from lufthansa (for s different trip) for both it and Swiss, needed to manage the booking on their individual sites. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Yes, pretty common. I have a booking from lufthansa (for s different trip) for both it and Swiss, needed to manage the booking on their individual sites. 

Grand so. Thanks. I got the emergency exit seat sorted on the Aer Lingus flight anyway. It only took 4 phone calls and 2 emails, and I'm fit to kill someone, but at least it's done.

Edited by Paulie - 27 Aug 2019 at 7:44pm
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Grand so. Thanks. I got the emergency exit seat sorted on the Aer Lingus flight anyway. It only took 4 phone calls and 2 emails, and I'm fit to kill someone, but at least it's done.

LOL

If it's worthwhile it's worthwhile!
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 8:39pm
There's a few of us on the Luton to Kutaisi flight on Thursday 10th we're thinking about staying in Kutaisi that night and getting a taxi to Tbilisi the next morning anyone thinking about doing the same or have stayed in Kutaisi on any of the previous trips?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

There's a few of us on the Luton to Kutaisi flight on Thursday 10th we're thinking about staying in Kutaisi that night and getting a taxi to Tbilisi the next morning anyone thinking about doing the same or have stayed in Kutaisi on any of the previous trips?

Have done it the last time and doing it again. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Worth staying over just  to get a decent sleep afyer the flight. Last time was a good few hour delay so getting into a hotel bed was welcome.

If you are looking for a fun filled stay there, I wouldn't bother! Not much going on in Kutaisi
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 10:07am
Think the main place of interest in Kutaisi is a roundabout.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 171>
  Share Topic