You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 171>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:40am
CH
No apology necessary. Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
This might interest a few
Friday Oct 11th
London Stn - Kiev Kbp Ryanair €32
Kiev Kbp - Tbilisi TBS Skyup €70
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:56pm
I looked at using Ryanair via Kiev, but not sure I trust them not to move that flight time, or even cancel it.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I looked at using Ryanair via Kiev, but not sure I trust them not to move that flight time, or even cancel it.
I'd be more worried about using the Ukrainian low cost carrier Skyup LOL
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:26pm
They fly in the EU and they have 737s, not 737 MAXs. Be grand.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:50pm
I did an internal flight in the Ukraine from kiev to Donetsk 15 years back, soviet type plane with propellers, wouldn't dream of getting on something like that these days.

Pretty sure the big hairy air steward had a  string vest on as his uniform as well, but my memory deceives me and I may have made that up over time.

Georgian airways also fly direct from Kiev.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 9:07pm
Ended up booking via Istanbul with Turkish airways. Early departures from both Munich and Tbilisi.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by Lojak18 Lojak18 wrote:

some decent routes through Moscow,  has anyone booked this way? Is there anything needed to know about it regarding visas or anything?

No visa needed if it's a layover like with the Aeroflot flight, if you don't leave the transit zone of the airport

Anyone book this route ?
Seems decent.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by Lojak18 Lojak18 wrote:

some decent routes through Moscow,  has anyone booked this way? Is there anything needed to know about it regarding visas or anything?

No visa needed if it's a layover like with the Aeroflot flight, if you don't leave the transit zone of the airport

Anyone book this route ?
Seems decent.

Thought about it, but settled for Lufthnasa via Munich in the end.......Wednesday-Sunday €330
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
same here, thought about it but timings of Turkish airlines suited me better.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:51am
Anyone have any experience flying with SkyUp? Our flight with Georgian airways on the Sunday has been moved from 10am in the morning to 7pm which isn’t ideal. Presume that’s enough to get our money back yeah?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Anyone have any experience flying with SkyUp? Our flight with Georgian airways on the Sunday has been moved from 10am in the morning to 7pm which isn’t ideal. Presume that’s enough to get our money back yeah?

I woukd of thought so 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:35pm

Where were you flying to?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Where were you flying to?
Flying into Kiev for 2 nights before Geneva.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:31pm

Would imagine it would be but have no knowledge of the airline it's only new too started international flights at the end of 2018

Edited by ringerbell - 21 Apr 2019 at 7:34pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:00pm
For those arriving into Tbilisi on the early morning flights, what are you doing regarding check-in? Are most places ok to give you early check-in, or do you book the night before you arrive?
City Till I Die
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

For those arriving into Tbilisi on the early morning flights, what are you doing regarding check-in? Are most places ok to give you early check-in, or do you book the night before you arrive?

Night before just to be on the safe side, get a few hours sleep and head out
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Stayed in the radisson in batumi last time for a few nights before heading to tbilisi, got in at about 6 in the morning and was given a room even though I hadn't booked in the night before. 
Here we go again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 171>
  Share Topic