You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lucky Lepre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm
Myself and a couple of other lads are going on Wednesday to Monday Turkish Airlines from Dublin stopping over at Istanbul for 1 hour then onto Tbilisi €260 return. Is anyone else going this route? 
Sponsored Links

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by The Lucky Lepre The Lucky Lepre wrote:

Myself and a couple of other lads are going on Wednesday to Monday Turkish Airlines from Dublin stopping over at Istanbul for 1 hour then onto Tbilisi €260 return. Is anyone else going this route? 

Not this time but I went this route the last couple of times we played there. It's definitely one of the better routes and Turkish are a very good airline. The one hour layover is very tight but I assume that each person's flights have been done as a single reservation, so even if you miss the connecting flight they will have to sort ye out.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:06pm
via Brussels or Ams with Georgian airlines is an option too, not sure what they are like to fly with though
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:20pm
Dublin-Gatwick-Tbilisi. Simple
Danger here, OH NO
The Lucky Lepre View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lucky Lepre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
Thanks for the heads up Paulie. My mate has booked us 3 altogether, just hoping everything is straight forward. Both flights are booked with Turkish airlines so if they delay a flight hopefully they will have to stand over us
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:17pm
Thinking about spending a night in Greece on the way out. Has anyone ever flown with Aagean airlines or Ukraine international airline also what are they like?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:18pm

Thanks for the heads up Paulie. My mate has booked us 3 altogether, just hoping everything is straight forward. Both flights are booked with Turkish airlines so if they delay a flight hopefully they will have to stand over us

There's no hopefully about it, they 100% have to, you'll be fine 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Just booked. Direct from Gatwick. Then Tbilisi to Vienna and Switzerland from there. Handy.

Very handy. Didn't realise Georgian Airways flew Gatwick to Tbilisi direct, even if it is a red-eye flight.

There are night trains to Zurich from Vienna, which will save you on accommodation. €69 including a bed, which is a great deal, given the cost of hotels in Vienna. You should be able to book that about six months out, on oebb.at. Book the Zurich - Geneva ticket separately on sbb.ch and you should be able to get cheaper tickets for that leg. With the flight landing at six or so, you should be grand to book on the half nine night train, though there is also one at about eleven, and they both get to Zurich at the same time.

I have looked it up and can't find a mention of a bed. I even asked my friend who can speak German to see could he find it! Even the changes in trains aren't appearing to be seen, if needed. Could you send on a link or an explanation of how to use it if you don't mind? Thanks for your analysis so far, I have loved reading it. 

1) 180 days before you need the train, go to www.oebb.at
2) [top right, below "ticket buchen"] click "EN"
3) [top right] click "book ticket"
4) change the date to the date you want and 21:00, then click "done" [top right]
5) search from Vienna Central Station to Zurich Main Station
6) select either the 21:27 or 23:25 train (whichever suits better, or whichever is cheaper, probably the 21:27) by clicking on the price (should say "sparschiene nightjet ticket" and should be €29 or €39)
7) on the *next screen*, roll down to the section headed "night train", then you'll see three options (seat reservation, couchette or sleeper cabin) and, if you want a bed, click sleeper cabin - couchette is a bunk without a sheet or quilt (probably an extra €10 or €20), whereas sleeper cabin is a proper bed (probably an extra €40)
8) if you want a bed in your own cabin, click "change compartment type", otherwise you'll be in a three bed cabin, and you can select either a double (probably €10 extra again) or single cabin (probably an extra €70 over a triple cabin bed, so not worth it)
9) roll to the top again and click "add to basket"
10) pay - and your ticket should be delivered as a pdf

If you get the earlier one at €29, a bed in a triple should be €40, making it €69 total. You won't be able to book it until April, mind.

Then, I think it is two months out, book the Zurich to Geneva / Basel bit on sbb.ch to suit.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 03 Jan 2019 at 10:27pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

There's no hopefully about it, they 100% have to, you'll be fine 

Yeah, once when booking you put in Dublin - Tbilisi as a single reservation you'll be fine. There's no real reason as to why you'd book 2 separate reservations, i.e. Dublin to Istanbul and Istanbul to Tbilisi, but I just thought I'd mention it as you never really know with people!
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Thinking about spending a night in Greece on the way out. Has anyone ever flown with Aagean airlines or Ukraine international airline also what are they like?

Flown with Ukraine before. My experience was pretty good, have to say
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:27pm

I looked at this route before I decided to book going through Paris with air france. Just worked it out that I'd spend more money in the long run with the stay in Athens etc and fact the air France flight lands at a decent hour (around 8pm) is a bonus

Not sure what aagean are like but most reviews online for Ukraine international airline are positive so should be alright with them 

Edited by ringerbell - 03 Jan 2019 at 11:28pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:41am

UIA are grand.  Have flown with them twice (Moldova away & the return leg of the last Georgia trip).  both times via Kiev.  no issues whatsoever and all flights were on time.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

UIA are grand.  Have flown with them twice (Moldova away & the return leg of the last Georgia trip).  both times via Kiev.  no issues whatsoever and all flights were on time.

€3 cans tooClap
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:16am

I've flown with Aegean Air and they're grand. Ellinair also fly to Tbilisi but I think that's only seasonal from Thessaloniki
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I looked at this route before I decided to book going through Paris with air france. Just worked it out that I'd spend more money in the long run with the stay in Athens etc and fact the air France flight lands at a decent hour (around 8pm) is a bonus

Not sure what aagean are like but most reviews online for Ukraine international airline are positive so should be alright with them 
yeah the flight times were the big one. Land into Tblisi early morning but don’t mind that much tho. The flight times on the way to Switzerland are perfect tho as I land at 12:30 the day before the match in Switzerland so I can get a train to anywhere if needs be and can still enjoy the craic that night. Working out at €190 but just need flight back to Dublin then so not bad.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

yeah the flight times were the big one. Land into Tblisi early morning but don’t mind that much tho. The flight times on the way to Switzerland are perfect tho as I land at 12:30 the day before the match in Switzerland so I can get a train to anywhere if needs be and can still enjoy the craic that night. Working out at €190 but just need flight back to Dublin then so not bad.

I'm flying to milan from kutaisi the day before the Switzerland game and spending the night their and onto wherever the game is next morning. Only in Switzerland night of the match but not too bothered about that as few extra days in Georgia where things will be much cheaper
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
I'm same trip Dub-Kutasi-Tbilisi-Kutasi-Milan-Somewhere in Switzerland-Dublin should take 7 days and €ssss
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm same trip Dub-Kutasi-Tbilisi-Kutasi-Milan-Somewhere in Switzerland-Dublin should take 7 days and €ssss
Must have been big wages in Kosovo €€€LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 171>
  Share Topic