You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

In kutaisi at the moment. Anyone know a good pub for a few pints tonight?
Try Monroe’s beside the train station

I searched the forum and found pub barca but there's 2 people here plus the 5 of us  It'll do for a couple of pints and then we'll try Monroe's. 

Thanks for the info  
Let Christy Take It.
Sponsored Links

Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:32pm
Short transfer in Riga a breeze lads.  Ryanair got in 20mins early, but wouldn't matter, about 7 minutes from steps of the plane to sitting at the departure gate 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:35pm
Lost passport at Athens airport. Anyone find an Irish one give us a shout
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

D82
Have a good trip.

We couldn't get online boarding passes for the Istanbul-Tbilisi leg. Hopefully there will be a customer service desk so that we don't how to go out to get a boarding pass and then back in again

I had the same problem earlier but thankfully managed to get them on the app eventually, must have been down for maintanence 
Georgian View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm
anyone want after match go to Pub with two georgian fans? 
Georgian View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by Georgian Georgian wrote:

My favorite Pubs in Tbilisi:

Number 8 - Craft Beer Club (Adress: Abashidze Str. 22 - 3,2 km from Stadium, about 45 minutes by walk)

Thanks for the info, I'll visit this place.
We were in 9MTA(?), Black Dog and NaturAle last time. Anywhere new for good beer?

9MTA - adress: Galaktion Tabidze Str. 10 - 4,6 km from Stadium (about 1 hour for walk)

Black Dog - adress: Lado Asatiani Str. 33 - 5 km from Stadium (about 1 hour for walk) Black Dog is the same Number 8 - Craft Beer Club, but at another place. much smaller pub than Number 8. Beer is same. 

NaturAleLado Asatiani Str. 30 - 5 km from Stadium (about 1 hour for walk) I dont recommend this Craft Company, in number 8 is more better beer than here. 

9 MTA is most expensive Pub in Tbilis, but they have about 30 premium quality craft beers from around the world (as draft beer as in bottles), also premium belgian ales. 

My favorite place is Number 8 Craft Club. Pints cost 5-6 GEL (1,5-1,8 Euro). Very nice beer: IPA, Citra IPA, APA, Blonde, Stout, Brown Velvet, Bitter. They also have Apple Cider for 6 GEL, different spirit shots and very nice kitchen. 

We have also 2 ტონა - 2 Tons craft beer brewery with georgian cousine. but this is far from city center:2 Tons (adresses: Aleko Gobronidze str. 10 (10 km from stadium). This is cheap but nice pub with very nice craft beer (12 style (include: Strawberry and Honey beers) and very nice kitchen. 

Edited by Georgian - 11 Oct 2019 at 3:04pm
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

If interested you can pick up a sim. The Beeline network ( straight in front of as you walk dow the steps after passport control is what i went for. They have data only sims (2gb for €1.51, 4gb for €2.57) plus other option with mins and txts). Also, they have a stunning specimen of female behind the desk who is obviously a member of SIPTU given her snail like pace at getting the job done but sometimes the wait is just worth it.

We went up to her on Friday 11th at 4.30am, your preview of her was perfect LOLClap

Although it was only my friend that bought the SIM, and it still won't work for him. Sleepy

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 13 Oct 2019 at 8:35am
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:42am
Really enjoyed the trip save for the 90 minutes.
The weather really helps.
Locals friendly and helpful.
Just heading home on s bahn for afternoon plus evening of work 
Not doing Geneva

Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
Class trip.  Great place.

sh*te match.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:26pm
Must say food and the place has got better for sure . Glad to get out of  the city also , the Opera was good as never done that before on any trip and at a price for 10 Gel for the good seats each a steal .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
LUFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:41pm
Great trip this, my first away and the first of many, pity about the result though. 
Old Gill View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:40pm
If anyone lost a Londonegal FC flag I know the lad who found it
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:02pm
First time in Georgia, the place is too cheapLOL Very hard to keep things sensible, didnt do as many trips or see as much as I was planning too. The trip to Geneva was horrific

McClarens and the area around it was good craic, plenty of decent bars. Didnt drink in Hangar at all really. 

Pity about the result, it was brutal stuff. Seemed to be a good crowd over there, 1,000 maybe?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:49pm
Was a decent spot all right , weather certainly helped great hotel in great location , enough to keep you occupied in the city for 2-3 days if it was your first time
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:03pm
I've been there three times and there's still plenty of stuff I haven't done or seen. It's a lovely spot.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Might know who owns that, I'll get back to you if so.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Might know who owns that, I'll get back to you if so.

I was right.  PMing your their phone number.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Was a decent spot all right , weather certainly helped great hotel in great location , enough to keep you occupied in the city for 2-3 days if it was your first time
Did think the funny thing was the Dynamo Tiblisi club shop was right  next door to the hotel and it took me 4 days until I spotted it LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171>
  Share Topic