You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 171>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:07pm
Also, generally, on the Kutaisi route: if you are on a flight that lands near midnight, you don't need to go with the bus. The 01:00 train is a night train and actually has beds, so you'll get a bit of a kip on it. You will need to book it and you're screwed if the flight is delayed but, if it works, it's still better than time on a bus and, if it doesn't, the bus option remains.
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:15pm
Visa is around €100. A lot of cash just for spending a few hours there. Great city though and worth a visit at some point.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I’m going to book my route to Tbilisi tomorrow. I was looking at the Ryanair/Air Georgia option via Berlin, but the layover is 1hr and 40 mins and because I’ll have a bag that I’ll have to check in for the two flights, it’s just cutting it too fine. So, it looks as though I’ll be going the Turkish Air Route that gets me in at about 4:30am on the Wednesday morning. It’s pretty expensive at €280 for a one way route to Georgia, but it’s the best option that I see when I consider the overall travel time and the length of the layover.

Two things: If you can go with the Air Baltic route via Riga, you can easily spend the best part of the day in Riga. It's less than half an hour on the bus to the city centre and it's only €2 for the bus (or €5 for a 24 hour ticket). Arrive at 14:05, you'll be in Riga city centre before 15:00 and you don't need to leave til 21:00 again for the 23:05 flight. The number 22 bus is frequent (at least every 15 minutes).

Secondly, if you have not booked Tbilisi - Geneva and you definitely want to go Dublin - Tbilisi with Turkish Airlines, look at booking that as multi-city. That way, it will be less than €100 more for the whole lot.

Cheers for that SD. When I travel I just want to get to my final destination so the 2 hour layover with Turkish Air suits me. Before I had any flights booked I checked the multi city option with Turkish and as far as I remember the flights from Tbilisi to Geneva were getting in too late on the Monday. It was a balancing act of trying to get a route to Geneva that got us there in the early afternoon, but that didn't depart Tbilisi at 3am or the like. Anyway, we went with KLM in the end for that leg of the trip. I was actually supposed to be flying with them to Tbilisi as well, but that route was €653 the last time I checked. It was over €1,200 at one point
Simba View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:08pm
Myself and two mates had the Wednesday night Dublin Moscow Tbilisi route booked from a while back. Confirmation today that it's being cancelled so refund on the way. Have just booked Dublin Gatwick Tbilisi instead. Slightly more awkward times because half day now needed on the Wednesday but the late Wednesday night direct flight from Gatwick to Tbilisi is great. Lands around 6am Thursday. Only an extra 40 quid or so from our original booking so not the worst thing in the world. In saying all that, feck Putin anyway!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:19pm
my flights with Turkish airlines cost me 355 and are now 837. Things seem to creeping up alright
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 9:05am
Is it only Wednesdays that Gatwick flight goes? Would have been ideal if there was a flight back on the Sunday.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Is it only Wednesdays that Gatwick flight goes? Would have been ideal if there was a flight back on the Sunday.

Think so. I'm on that flight. DOing Dub-LondGat-Tbilisi-Vienna-Geneva-Dublin
Danger here, OH NO
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:14pm
Anyone here flying Ukrainian via Amsterdam and Kiev on the Wednesday. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:21pm
Slightly off topic but may be of interest.  Free Russian visas to visit Kaliningrad for EU citizens (and some others) will be available from July 1st.  It is expected to be extended to the rest of the country but not in time for October.  

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Slightly off topic but may be of interest.  Free Russian visas to visit Kaliningrad for EU citizens (and some others) will be available from July 1st.  It is expected to be extended to the rest of the country but not in time for October.  

Brits left out of that list. LOL
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:43am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Brits left out of that list. LOL

Because they're not EU citizens! Wink
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 7:17am
How many applications are they expecting from North Korea?
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Looks like it'll be rolled out nationwide from 1st January 2021, albeit with a $50 fee (about £40/€44).

I could live with that if it meant a more straight forward visa procedure (eg if it's going to be anything like the procedure for visiting the USA).

Definitely a deal-maker for me if we were to get Russia in a future qualifying group. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:26pm
I gave up the stop in Russia for a day plan due to the cost and hassle of getting a visa. Have booked to go via Riga on the Wednesday.

Our hotel in Tbilisi is offering an airport pick-up for 35 GEL - what is the going rate? Hotel is just off Freedom Square
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

I gave up the stop in Russia for a day plan due to the cost and hassle of getting a visa. Have booked to go via Riga on the Wednesday.

Our hotel in Tbilisi is offering an airport pick-up for 35 GEL - what is the going rate? Hotel is just off Freedom Square

Thumbed down a taxi driver outside subway going to the airport last time and gave him 25gel, better to go with a guy who knows where you hotel is and willing to stop so you can get currency on the way so you can pay him. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Buckle up, you're in for the ride of your life LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
batchbread View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batchbread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 7:54pm
Have people been ok getting a refund of the Dublin to Moscow flight? Thinking of going the Gatwick route now 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:08pm
I’d imagine you’ll only refunded if it’s all on one ticket which I assume is the case for most?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 171>
  Share Topic