You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 171>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 11:49am
Good to see we getting another reason to panic before a tripLOL all be sorted out before october
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I book Tbilisi - Russians invade game,  relocated to Mainz

Don’t book Tbilisi - no problems 

Don’t book Tbilisi - no problems 

I book Tbilisi 2019 - and it looks like it’s kickng off again 
Your first name Jonah by any chance ? LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:28pm
For anyone flying via Moscow: Russia and Ukraine cancelled direct flights between the two countries in 2015. They still haven't been restored. This could very well be the same and it is probably worth looking into other options; if you are offered a full refund and can get an alternative route for similar pricing, take it.

It's all part of Putin's plans to destabilise neighbouring countries; it stops them joining NATO or the EU. If the countries in question do not control all of their de jure territory, and are partially occupied by Russian troops, NATO and the EU will not let them in. Moldova is in that position (Transnistria), as is Ukraine (the Donbass) and Georgia (South Ossetia & Abkhazia). Arguably the only reason they haven't directly messed with Belarus is because Lukashenko is so pro-Russian; they are already part of a customs union and they recently signed a treaty on mutual visa recognition.

The Baltic states all have sizeable Russian minorities, largely in the East of their countries. They're just lucky that they joined the EU and NATO about fifteen years ago because if they hadn't, they'd quite possibly be facing similar issues to Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia. Russia simply didn't have the money or inclination in the 1990s to mess about in neighbouring countries but in the 2000s they definitely did, plus a president a little more assertive and a little less drunk.

Long and short of it, Russia tends to play a long game. I doubt these flights will be restored soon. It's just another f**k you to a country that isn't doing what Russia wants it to do.
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:39am
Does that mean the flights will be cancelled or only Russians not allowed fly on them?
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

Does that mean the flights will be cancelled or only Russians not allowed fly on them?

LOL
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:18pm

ah here LOL
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:23pm
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:17pm
Jaysus CaroLOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:50pm

I think it is best if you don’t go at all, for safety reasons.
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:04pm
I guess the responses answer my question! Someone else asked me the question earlier so made me wonder. I thought a plane full of Irish might be allowed when it said cancelling flights "carrying Russian citizens"!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:05pm

I guess the responses answer my question! Someone else asked me the question earlier so made me wonder. I thought a plane full of Irish might be allowed when it said cancelling flights "carrying Russian citizens"!

Pass the shovel onto someone else
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:40pm
LOL
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:48pm

As far as I’m aware only passengers wearing the official Irish jersey will be allowed board the plane.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

As far as I’m aware only passengers wearing the official Irish jersey will be allowed board the plane.

What about those wearing the fake Italia 90 jersey?
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Jaysus CaroLOL

Jaysus Sham, is he one of the crew who showed up in Mainz and ran onto the pitch? still laugh at thatLOL
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Jaysus CaroLOL

Jaysus Sham, is he one of the crew who showed up in Mainz and ran onto the pitch? still laugh at thatLOL
This is a sheLOL
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 9:52pm

Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Jaysus CaroLOL

This is a sheLOL

TrannyLOL
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:04am
Aeroflot have cancelled the Moscow - Tbilisi leg of my journeyOuch Dublin - Moscow leg is with them too, are they obliged to refund that leg for me too if I wanted?

I'm tempted to stay a day and night in Moscow now and book another roundabout way from Moscow to Tbilisi the following day - how much hassle is it getting a Russian visa?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 171>
  Share Topic