You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:56pm
Flying through Brussels into Tblisi for this one.

Anyone else thinking of that route, think there, London and Paris are the most favorable ones.
Sponsored Links

davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:13am
Haven't booked anything yet, but considering going between Zurich and Istanbul, just to do the double header in one booking
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm
Booked out via Paris and back via Amsterdam , happy out .Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

What day you flying out  murph 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:38am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Wednesday , going to make it a kind of holiday as not doing the Swiss game .
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:41am
Thinking of going via Kiev this time, flight to Tbilisi is Georgian airways, they any good?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:06am

Ive the same flights booked lands in Tbilisi around 8pm. Decided the few extra days in georgia be good and cost less thsn extra day or 2 in Switzerland 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:33pm

Ive the same flights booked lands in Tbilisi around 8pm. Decided the few extra days in georgia be good and cost less thsn extra day or 2 in Switzerland 
Yer good call RB as i think landing at 8pm is a good time which is a whole lot better than 4am the last time we were there .

Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:40pm

Yer good call RB as i think landing at 8pm is a good time which is a whole lot better than 4am the last time we were there .

The 4/5am landings and departures are a pain alright.
eireabu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
5 of us flying home via Zurich for the swiss game...tbilisi-istanbul-zurich.
eireabu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Haven't booked anything yet, but considering going between Zurich and Istanbul, just to do the double header in one booking
5 of us flying home via Zurich for the swiss game...tbilisi-istanbul-zurich.....landing in zurich Midday on Monday
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:26pm
Opted to go to Freiburg for a couple of nights after this, then Switzerland for one night only.
Flight to Karlsruhe via Sabiha Gokçen and Stansted came out reasonable enough.
Usual early morning departure, with a 3.5 hour layover in SAW, which I'm not looking forward to though.
City Till I Die
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:07pm
Brendy is it possible to stay in Freiburg hop over for the game and back again the same night if the game in in Basil ?
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:12pm
From memory, it is about an hour by car.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:50pm

Brendy is it possible to stay in Freiburg hop over for the game and back again the same night if the game in in Basil ?

bahn.com is your friend

€10.70 for a single ticket to Basel Bad Bahnhof valid on regional trains (not on ICE) from Freiburg. There are plenty to Basel. It is bizarrely a lot more if you get a ticket to Basel Hbf, like twice the price. You can possibly buy a separate ticket from the conductor on board... or chance it.

HOWEVER, the last train back leaves Basel Bad Bahnhof at 22:58, unless you take the later Intercity train, which requires a totally separate ticket. Given that the match only ends around half ten, you'd never make it. You aren't going to be able to get the train back that night. You are unlikely to make Basel Hfb by 23:13 for the last Intercity train to Freiburg... so I wouldn't be booking Freiburg for the night.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm

*Edit*
SD covered much more comprehensively than myself.

The DB Navigator app is great for trains all Europe, essentially bahn.de in app form.

Edited by brendy_éire - 06 Feb 2019 at 2:55pm
City Till I Die
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

bahn.com is your friend

€10.70 for a single ticket to Basel Bad Bahnhof valid on regional trains (not on ICE) from Freiburg. There are plenty to Basel. It is bizarrely a lot more if you get a ticket to Basel Hbf, like twice the price. You can possibly buy a separate ticket from the conductor on board... or chance it.

HOWEVER, the last train back leaves Basel Bad Bahnhof at 22:58, unless you take the later Intercity train, which requires a totally separate ticket. Given that the match only ends around half ten, you'd never make it. You aren't going to be able to get the train back that night. You are unlikely to make Basel Hfb by 23:13 for the last Intercity train to Freiburg... so I wouldn't be booking Freiburg for the night.

Basel Badischer Bahnhof is operated by Deutsche Bahn, instead of Swiss Railways, so it's counted within the German tariff zone. It's linked to all the German stations, and the customs posts are when you leave the platforms.

Never been there so I don't know if it's anyway close to the city centre, I think it's right beside the German border.

Also booking the last train of the evening is risky since it doesn't seem likely the game will even be in Basel
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

bahn.com is your friend

Basel Badischer Bahnhof is operated by Deutsche Bahn, instead of Swiss Railways, so it's counted within the German tariff zone. It's linked to all the German stations, and the customs posts are when you leave the platforms.

Never been there so I don't know if it's anyway close to the city centre, I think it's right beside the German border.

Also booking the last train of the evening is risky since it doesn't seem likely the game will even be in Basel

LOL

Yeah, I knew it was operated by DB. It's as a result of some treaty in the 19th century I think. I decided it was probably best if I didn't include that in the first post. I had started to type part of that then thought the better of it.

In terms of getting from the stadium to Basel Bad Bhf, there are buses: bus 36 goes every 15 minutes from outside the stadium and takes about 10 minutes to get the Basel Bad Bhf.

I definitely would not risk relying on that route if I was staying in Freiburg.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 171>
  Share Topic