Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 178>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

he'll be back the Gealtacht in Belmullet for the summer at this rate.

He will have to change his hair then and lads here will be delighted. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

he'll be back the Gealtacht in Belmullet for the summer at this rate.
Giving up on the lad, so soon ? He needs to improve though, a flick here and a step over there wont see him make his mark.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 26 Mar 2021 at 2:45pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 5:41pm
Must be getting treatement in Brighton as he posted a video of Brighton beach.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 5:46pm
He's about as useful as a chimney on a dog tbf
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Kenny said he wasn’t totally out but was unlikely and then there is a pic of him in Brighton!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Kenny said he wasn’t totally out but was unlikely and then there is a pic of him in Brighton!

He's really reminding me of Mario balotelli and the 'why always me' phase of his career where kept running into bother every way he turned 
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:00am
Aaron Connoly just turned 21! People need to stop making ridiculous comments about whether he is going to be this or that in the next few years. He clearly has talent but is still developing, the majority of footballers aren't established or fully developed at this stage in their career. Every so often young players come along who buck the trend but that's usually down to having exceptional pace or advanced physical development.

Connolly has 5 goals in 39 premier league games
As a comparison the following players at 21 had:
Harry Kane 3 in 11 in the premier league
Dominic Calvert 5 in 43 in the premier league
Danny Ings 6 in 47 in the championship

Hardly setting the world alight were they?! If he keeps getting regular game time at Brighton he will be doing fine and hopefully he starts adding more goals over the next year or two. That goes for all the young forwards! 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

Aaron Connoly just turned 21! People need to stop making ridiculous comments about whether he is going to be this or that in the next few years. He clearly has talent but is still developing, the majority of footballers aren't established or fully developed at this stage in their career. Every so often young players come along who buck the trend but that's usually down to having exceptional pace or advanced physical development.

Hardly setting the world alight were they?! If he keeps getting regular game time at Brighton he will be doing fine and hopefully he starts adding more goals over the next year or two. That goes for all the young forwards! 

+1 difficult to dissagree with a reasoned argument like that.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

+1 difficult to dissagree with a reasoned argument like that.

The most worrying thing for me is his injuries. Hope he isn't our new Keith O'Neill. Like Mr Brick, I think his level is the championship. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:40am

Yeah agreed. At 26, Tadic was still playing for Twente! Everybody has a different path.

With Connolly, a lot of his issues are because of poor decision making. If he can rectify that, he’ll be very effective 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:04pm

As uninspired as those lads may have been at similar ages I doubt any of them were going down with cramp after an hour. That's just embarrassing at this stage and is general fitness, not injuries. That's the biggest concern. 
The cheating and whinging is something he might get out of, but added to his obvious lack of physical application and there is reason to be concerned for him.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As uninspired as those lads may have been at similar ages I doubt any of them were going down with cramp after an hour. That's just embarrassing at this stage and is general fitness, not injuries. That's the biggest concern. 
The cheating and whinging is something he might get out of, but added to his obvious lack of physical application and there is reason to be concerned for him.

I’ve watched a lot of his games and only ever seen him go down with cramp that time. Agreed not a good look but I wouldn’t read too much into it yet. Seems to be in good physical shape but all these niggles are a worry. Not many 21 year old strikers in the PL though so let’s hope he keeps progressing.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:13pm
It shouldn't be happening to a professional player, especially at his age, any time. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:19pm

It shouldn't be happening to a professional player, especially at his age, any time. 

I think his attitude on the pitch isn’t great either. Going down too easy, whinging, etc 

I like the look of him talent wise but don’t think it’ll be lack of talent that’ll stop him doing it in premier league consistently 

Edited by Wheelo - 27 Mar 2021 at 12:20pm
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm

Think that’s a bit too simplistic 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I think his attitude on the pitch isn’t great either. Going down too early, whinging, etc 

I like the look of him talent wise but don’t think it’ll be lack of talent that’ll stop him doing it in premier league consistently 
I agree, but I think it is all part of the same problem. It feels like the bit of success he had early on has gone to his head and his application has dropped. Getting back to that can be very hard. As I said, I hope I am wrong, but I feel he will be an 'if only' in a few years.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Think that’s a bit too simplistic 
How many players do you see going down with cramp now? I can't remember the last player I saw, certainly in normal time. If somebody can link it to his injuries I will bow to their superior medical knowledge, but from my basic understanding it is general fitness. Even Stephen Kelly on commentary, who normally sounds as if he is Jedward's other brother, sounded shocked by it.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I think his attitude on the pitch isn’t great either. Going down too easy, whinging, etc 

potters comments after their Newcastle suggested his fitness wasn’t where it should be so that would account for the cramp. Brighton would have a team of fitness trainers and its up to them to get him fit - athletically at least.

He does seem to lack discipline / do the hard yards on and off the pitch. Looking for frees too often on pitch example, his covid lockdown visitor being an off field one. Does he stick to clubs diet rules etc? I doubt it, will never know but the gets injured a fair bit.

Anyway is he available for tonight - I though he was out buts lads have him scoring on the prediction thread. Edit: I need new glasses - that’s Collins not Connolly in the predictions.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 27 Mar 2021 at 12:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 178>
  Share Topic