You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 177>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:23pm
doesn't look one bit fazed,won a lot of free kicks too 

Edited by willGUFC - 21 Sep 2019 at 7:25pm
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

20 minutes to impress today.
Inches away from a goal

He was inches away also from a guaranteed call up had that gone in. Still may get the nod yet. 
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
merde
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

20 minutes to impress today.
Inches away from a goal

He was inches away also from a guaranteed call up had that gone in. Still may get the nod yet. 

You know the rule. You don't geta  call up unless you're English.  Now make like a tree and get outta here.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:04pm
Getting real sick of Fabian Schar
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:58am
So hes 100% Irish 

No English grandparents or anything 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 4:35am
Namechecked by Potter in his post-game interview as well. Of the 3 Mick mentioned after the Sweden result (Parrott, Connolly, Molumby) , I think Connolly has by far the best chance of an immediate breakthrough, mainly due to his physicality and the fact that none of McClean's contenders for the left wing spot are actually doing much at club level. 

Brady's not playing, O'Dowda hasn't done much this season yet (and hasn't been too impressive in Ireland appearances lately) and the likes of McGeady, Hayes & even Pilkington if we want to go that far, have seemingly disappeared from the radar completely. 

Unlike at senior level, Kenny has decent choices if Connolly isn't available, the likes of Elbouzedi & Mandriou can fill in and the U21 team isn't severely weakened by Connolly's absence. Another positive appearance off the bench for Brighton and I think this lad could make the next senior squad. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 6:18am
Gonna take a fair amount of excuses from Mick not to include him if he scores in the premiership and makes a number of substitute appearances for Brighton. Micks points about debuts at this stage of the campaign is fair enough but Connolly is an exception, Parrott too if he plays. Connolly Parrott and Kilkenny can’t wait to see that attacking trio in the seniors
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Namechecked by Potter in his post-game interview as well. Of the 3 Mick mentioned after the Sweden result (Parrott, Connolly, Molumby) , I think Connolly has by far the best chance of an immediate breakthrough, mainly due to his physicality and the fact that none of McClean's contenders for the left wing spot are actually doing much at club level. 

Brady's not playing, O'Dowda hasn't done much this season yet (and hasn't been too impressive in Ireland appearances lately) and the likes of McGeady, Hayes & even Pilkington if we want to go that far, have seemingly disappeared from the radar completely. 

Unlike at senior level, Kenny has decent choices if Connolly isn't available, the likes of Elbouzedi & Mandriou can fill in and the U21 team isn't severely weakened by Connolly's absence. Another positive appearance off the bench for Brighton and I think this lad could make the next senior squad. 

Brady came on at the end of the game yesterday Des 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Brady came on at the end of the game yesterday Des 

in stoppage time..
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:56pm
I think Robbie might be struggling . Research of his knee injury( a lot worse than cruciate) hope we proves me wrong .
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:31pm

Going to bump this in advance of tomorrow night....... 60 something posts on Parrott thread and I genuinely think everyone is looking in the wrong direction as regards which of the U21s might be called up. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:33pm
I think they are all better off where they are for the time being.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think they are all better off where they are for the time being.
I agree.  Bring in Connolly next campaign or if we somehow qualify and he is getting regular games throw him into the squad as wildcard bet...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:26pm
I would say Connelly is better placed to get into the Ireland squad at the moment than Parrott, he’s starting to make an impact in the first team and has a chance over the next few few weeks.

Few goals and i think mick will find it hard to leave him out, especially with injury concerns for McGoldrick

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:41pm
He can be the new Hendricks, Houlihan or MacLean.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:45pm

Do you not have better things to be doin?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Do you not have better things to be doin?
I’m waiting for a bus, so no. If you need tracing paper, don’t be afraid to ask. Alternatively, look at the top of the page...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 177>
  Share Topic