Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 178>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:18pm
Shambles.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:53pm
have made my peace with this a long time ago and have said it on here, Connolly seems to be made of glass and he won’t be a player we will be able to rely on. He has a less than 50% record of showing up at this stage. He plays if fit but can’t be relied on.

Rather frustrating is that there is it’s different types of injuries too.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:54pm
Just gotta laugh at this stage 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Just gotta laugh at this stage 

LOL
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:59pm
We are bollixed basically. just play all the young lads and get them experience at this stage. most of the others wont be around in 4 years time when we have another chance to qualify. 

I feel sorry for Kenny but I think he won't survive this either. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

We are bollixed basically. just play all the young lads and get them experience at this stage. most of the others wont be around in 4 years time when we have another chance to qualify. 

I feel sorry for Kenny but I think he won't survive this either

I hear what you're saying, it's going to be a painful time if things remain as they are and Kenny will likely struggle to pull some results.

But let's be fair, who is better than Kenny that is a reasonable option? I seriously can't see evan a mediocre manager looking at ireland and seeing potential.

No manager in there right mind would consider us as a good career option with the pool of players. 

We can't even throw money at a old manager to help as the FAI is bankrupt

Give Kenny all the time he needs. If we do get some good players then expectation can increase but until then we get behind Kenny 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I feel sorry for Kenny but I think he won't survive this either

I hear what you're saying, it's going to be a painful time if things remain as they are and Kenny will likely struggle to pull some results.

But let's be fair, who is better than Kenny that is a reasonable option? I seriously can't see evan a mediocre manager looking at ireland and seeing potential.

No manager in there right mind would consider us as a good career option with the pool of players. 

We can't even throw money at a old manager to help as the FAI is bankrupt

Give Kenny all the time he needs. If we do get some good players then expectation can increase but until then we get behind Kenny 

I'm 100% behind him even if he fails to qualify. I just think media pressure and the like will cause panic and the plug will be pulled. If he got off to a good start he would have been very hard to heave but anyway we will have to wait and see. I like having a manager who clearly loves the job and knows Irish football backwards being in there. Has to turn at some stage but just awful timing for him.

Chris Wilder will def get another job but he knows the players and he isn't on much more than Kenny. 650k. Not that he would take it. but I think plenty of people would. International jobs are huge deals even now. Maybe we couldn't get the tip top but plenty of decent ones. not that I want a change but I am worried about how fast these arguments will start being made.

Edited by Nialler - 12 Mar 2021 at 8:21pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:34pm
Even if? The delusion is unbelievable on here at times. LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 10:20pm
There isn't a hope in hell we're going to qualify given we've:

1. A European heavyweight in our group who are going to finish top so that's first place out of the question.
2. A technically better side than us in Serbia which is expected to finish in second place.
3. We would need 4 points minimum against that technically better side in order for us to finish ahead of them.
4. Even if we get the playoff spot, only 3 out of 12 teams can qualify so it's another semi & final set up like EURO 2020 playoffs before which is another two games against equal or better sides than Serbia. 

It isn't going to happen. 

3rd place with a decent attempt at a scrap with Serbia for second spot would be a good return with Kenny given another campaign for EURO 2024. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

have made my peace with this a long time ago and have said it on here, Connolly seems to be made of glass and he won’t be a player we will be able to rely on. He has a less than 50% record of showing up at this stage. He plays if fit but can’t be relied on.

Rather frustrating is that there is it’s different types of injuries too.

50% is being kind, about 10%. 
Boondock View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boondock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 10:36pm
He is in trouble for breaking lockdown rules. Seems to be better at scoring off field than onLOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 11:11pm
Has broken lockdown rules by making a sex tape.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 11:16pm
What is going on.with the Ireland team. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Has broken lockdown rules by making a sex tape.
Can’t hit a barn door but can hit a ....,.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 11:24pm
Not a football related injury that he’s picked up it seems
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Not a football related injury that he’s picked up it seems
Nice headline on the S*N newspaper today. (Front page) Shocked

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 14 Mar 2021 at 11:50am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:02pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:28pm
The article makes it sound like he is single and met this woman randomly online. Is she a sex worker or is it just normal now for people to make sex tapes with people they've just met?

Connolly in a sex tape. Sick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 178>
  Share Topic